ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I too thought we would be getting an update last week. Now it's only 5 more days until we get the next update. Huzzah!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Off topic posts removed.

Come on guys! We only have a month to push this topic past a thousand posts!

I am more excited for Dreadmere than I am for anything else on this run through.

Does Reaper ever have any intention to publish information on the setting. (I am one of the lucky few that owns a copy of Eldest Son.)

Lots of flavor to the minis - even without a published setting, they will be seeing use in The Blight, my Regency campaign, and in my pirates campaigns.

Knowing that most - if not all - of Dreadmere will be in Bones Black is also good.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I like everything in Dreadmere too. Almost wish I had gotten 2 copies.  I am really looking forward to the Barge.  I got two of them. I am excited to see what kind of things I will mutate them in to.

I am most looking forward to this being delivered so that we can start the build up for Bones 5...

• Like 10

I can't decide what I'm most excited for. Dreadmere, Darkreach, and the Frost Giant Raiders are definitely top contenders, though!

I set an ambitious goal of having 70% of my minis painted by the time it arrives. I'm sitting at 68% right now. So close!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Finishing painting... what is this madness? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Finishing painting... what is this madness? 

You kinda answered your own question there...

That being said: This feels weird, first bones KS i did where I only got a single core set.

• Like 8

Looking forward to the update. I really hope that last shipment made it out!

I'm so excited that it's almost here... and really need to get around to building up that other bookshelf to house them.

• Like 8

I am hopeful to spend this year focusing on making a serious dent in my unpainted Bones.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Talae said:

I am hopeful to spend this year focusing on making a serious dent in my unpainted Bones.

A serious dent? You mean...like..paint 20 miniatures right? 20 Bones sounds reasonable, after all, you are getting 20 with the kickstarter.

the bones black will be a refreshing change IMO for this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

A serious dent? You mean...like..paint 20 miniatures right? 20 Bones sounds reasonable, after all, you are getting 20 with the kickstarter.

the bones black will be a refreshing change IMO for this.

Yes. Although I could probably paint 20 a day for the rest of the year to tally up to near my actual 20...

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

If I paint all I have at the pace I'm painting now, I really do need that immortality potion to finish it all.

The more I look at my pledge the more excited I get about the Dinos, mammoth, barge and such.

And that flail snail just screams for a tropical shell!

• Like 9

My spreadsheet tells me that if I paint all at the rate I’m painting now, I might even be done before I’m 30! But given that bones 4 will double the quantity of minis I own... it’s not looking hopeful. Also soon I may be returning to the world of full time work instead of my life of luxury as a part timer (all good things eh?)

I was (and still am, really) new to reaper with bones 4, and only got 1 dreadmere set, but it is without doubt my favourite set I love it’s aesthetics, wish I’d picked up a second one! May still yet on the aftermarket or if the site has leftovers for sale after fulfilling (is this likely?)

If Reaper did a campaign setting (either setting neutral or 5e) I would definitely pick it up.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

My spreadsheet tells me that if I paint all at the rate I’m painting now, I might even be done before I’m 30! 

Don't worry, you still have time to acquire an impossibly large backlog. The key is to keep looking at minis and say "ooo! Shiny!" While hitting that buy button ::D:

• Like 6
  • Haha 11