Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

10 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Don't worry, you still have time to acquire an impossibly large backlog. The key is to keep looking at minis and say "ooo! Shiny!" While hitting that buy button ::D:

And make sure your friends and family know to buy minis for your birthday and holidays!

Look at more kickstarters, they're not tempting at all...:devil:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

May still yet on the aftermarket or if the site has leftovers for sale after fulfilling (is this likely?)

For Bones 3 they did.  Picked up a graveyard expansion that way.

• Like 8

Of all the sets, I think the sci fi expansion is the one that will benefit the most from being made in Bones Black....

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And make sure your friends and family know to buy minis for your birthday and holidays!

Look at more kickstarters, they're not tempting at all...:devil:

This has been my main problem. I've backed 4 more kickstarters, along with continuously purchasing more minis for D&D (I NEEDED them to run the encounter, right?).

Actually, it's my brother's fault for starting all of this in the first place. He bought me that first dragon and said, "You're crafty; you can paint this no problem". Over 350 minis painted since then...

Edited by TenThousandKobolds
  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

I think Dreadmere als hugely profits from it. I was on the fence with that one. The meat of that expansion are very detailed, flavorful humans. A lot of them would probably have been not so great in the normal Bones material, but with the Bones Black you probably don't even have to paint them to see all their stuff.

• Like 8

Of all the things I couldn't get, Dreadmere is the set I regret the most. No matter how good a deal it was or how cool the minis were, I just couldn't do another $50 expansion. Even worse, knowing they'll be in Black...

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Don't worry, you still have time to acquire an impossibly large backlog. The key is to keep looking at minis and say "ooo! Shiny!" While hitting that buy button ::D:

Sometimes twice........or more. ::P:

Look, I clearly need those extra briar blights... And the Brain in the jars... And the giant snakes... And... Okay yes, I know I haven't painted any of them yet, but I'm going to need them for game.

What game?

Uhh...

Hey, how about Gauth? Totally thinking it should be my big red dragon...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

And agreed, Dreadmere will look great in bones black

Everything will look great in Bones Black!! ::D:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nunae said:

I think Dreadmere als hugely profits from it. I was on the fence with that one. The meat of that expansion are very detailed, flavorful humans. A lot of them would probably have been not so great in the normal Bones material, but with the Bones Black you probably don't even have to paint them to see all their stuff.

The humans in that expansion are the reason why I didn't get that one, due to Bones not being as detail in 28mm vs their bigger counterparts.

Looking forward to seeing a Bones Black human sized figure thou & of course the rest of that expansion when it comes out to retail. Gotta have a Tortoise!

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Talae said:

I am hopeful to spend this year focusing on making a serious dent in my unpainted Bones.

Dents in your Bones?

From my experience there is already enough green stuff required, why would you want to increase the amount of prep time/work?

GEM

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If I paint all I have at the pace I'm painting now, I really do need that immortality potion to finish it all.

The more I look at my pledge the more excited I get about the Dinos, mammoth, barge and such.

And that flail snail just screams for a tropical shell!

Here's a couple ideas that were sent to me recently as part of a bunch of wildlife fauna pics.1938221879_PurpleSnail.jpg.3eba73a5e8ea28aa0ab518fa00f01721.jpg1069129154_RainbpwSnail.jpg.3b24d1bfce40a9d9e8145d460a62d96e.jpg

GEM

Getting fidgety for my GBBOB

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5