ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Ron specifically said that CA glue was the one to use on Bones Black, same as regular Bones.  Not sure what's in the plastic glue, I don't have any.

• Like 8

I never have to hide how many minis I have...  Usually it's "provided bills are paid and we have food" alongside "so you're getting one of every dragon for me too, right?" 

Being married to an enabler is a different kind of dance... 

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

Because of money issues I mostly ordered what the both of us wanted. Argent was the only one I wanted, also because we already have a half-assembled Ma'al Drakar. Since job is secure, money is no longer a thing, and I regret not getting Darkreach, I think I'll be getting more of what I want in addition to what we want next time.

• Like 13

Looked at my troll mini before I left for work this morning.

Plastic glue doesn’t work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 4

I'm kind of baffled that folks would try to glue ANY type of Bones with plastic model cement.  It's formulated to work with a specific type of polystyrene, and none of the Bones are made of that type of plastic.  To the best of my knowledge the ONLY glue recommended for use with Bones has always been Super Glue.  If you're just doing it to experiment, well okay, more power to you, but the odds of it working well are diminishingly small.

• Like 6

I'll be honest, if I wasn't on the forums, I'd probably be reaching for whatever glue I used for other modeling purposes and figuring out what works and what doesn't. Might end up here after a failure or two. 

Lucky for me, I like good old super glue (okay, super glue gel, close enough). Epoxy is a pain in the butt. Elmer's isn't right. So yay, super glue. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 7

Wrong thread...

Okay, let's try this again...

Bones 4 rah rah rah! 

There, is that on topic enough?

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I just finished bagging up my Bones 3 order and putting everything in a bin.

Bring on Bones 4--and another storage "Band-Aid"...

• Like 6

On 2/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, Sylverthorne said:

It's hard to defend '20' if they see the box, though... avoiding an explosion later with a little truth now is probably wise.

Some of us might even use this as an opportunity to suck people into the hobby vortex.. 'want to help me sort them'?  >.>

If I tried to claim it was twenty, and looked away for too long, it might turn into twenty....

Not a chance I am going to take. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

I'm kind of baffled that folks would try to glue ANY type of Bones with plastic model cement.  It's formulated to work with a specific type of polystyrene, and none of the Bones are made of that type of plastic.  To the best of my knowledge the ONLY glue recommended for use with Bones has always been Super Glue.  If you're just doing it to experiment, well okay, more power to you, but the odds of it working well are diminishingly small.

Yup, this.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Looked at my troll mini before I left for work this morning.

Plastic glue doesn’t work.

Alright, just got back from the FLGS. After putting the figure under the pressure test, the figure broke off from the base. The plastic glue -does-  melt the Bones Black, but the interaction isn't enough to make a solid join. I find this to be disappointing since I was hoping that plastic glue was a viable option, but it looks like we'll all still be using CA glue for now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Eh, CA glue is readily available at least. If we had to seek something fancy that would suck. 

• Like 8

Our D&D group recently moved from my flat to the one above us, after one of my players moved in there and got somewhat comfortable. So now I have space in 2 drawers that were reserved for everyone's D&D stuff. Should probably put kiddie locks on them, the cats are able to open drawers if they're interested in what's inside (yes, smart pets are great).

I'm sure all my Bones IV stuff will fit into two drawers

• Like 4
  • Haha 7