Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On 3/8/2019 at 7:07 PM, redambrosia said:

I thought the legs were intended to be removable?? Or am I just misremembering things..?

I wonder if there are some teeny tiny purple LEDs that could be used for Halloween lights?

I have this weird desire to do Baba Yaga's Halloween Hut as a diorama.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I wonder if there are some teeny tiny purple LEDs that could be used for Halloween lights?

Checked on Amazon, there's several options for strings of them.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

also look into LED's for Gundam model kits they might be the right size as well

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Checked on Amazon, there's several options for strings of them.

The ones I saw were WAY too big, but I will look again,or have Grumpy look, his Google Fu is better than mine.

Okay FAIRY lights! I would have to hide the wire, but looks like the right size.

Whoops! Need to pick up Grump for the game!

• Like 11

I really hope they come in soon. I wish it was logistically possible to do a partial fufillment. I would pay extra shipping and handling if I could get what is already stateside in the mail. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Shadowphaze said:

I really want my Bones order.  Not that I've even made a dent in all the others i have but...I just want to look at them.

OK, and just fondle them a little bit... ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

OK, and just fondle them a little bit... ::P:

And squeeze them and hug them, and then throw them on a pile and swim in them, throw them in the air so they fall on my head and dig tunnels through them...

Well you get the idea..

This but with Bones!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor uncle scrooge money bath

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Shadowphaze said:

I really want my Bones order.  Not that I've even made a dent in all the others i have but...I just want to look at them.

Yes!

29 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

And squeeze them and hug them, and then throw them on a pile and swim in them, throw them in the air so they fall on my head and dig tunnels through them...

Well you get the idea..

This but with Bones!

Very much YES!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well you get the idea..

This but with Bones!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/500940/fact-check-physicist-weighs-whether-scrooge-mcduck-could-actually-swim-pool-gold

Diving into a gold pile the Scrooge way—hands first, prayer-style, followed by your head—is the most efficient way to begin breaking bones.

Presuming McDuck could somehow maneuver himself deeper into the pile, his delicate duck bones would almost surely succumb to the crushing weight of the gold above him. By one estimate, diving under one of his 5-foot-tall gold piles would put 2492 pounds of pressure on his bill.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

I'm just saying you could try that with the gold and go splat, or else you could use the bones and experience tons of little stabby bits going place they ought not :blink:

Death by 1000 pokes aside...

From what I'm seeing with the bones black, I'm hopeful about the expansions. I'm not SUPER thrilled with pre-assembled personally however.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I'm not usually one for the Pathfinder minis, but the old lady with the cane would make a great Frostgrave witch.

And I'm really looking forward to getting the iconic psychic!

• Like 7

23 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Micro Mark has several options.

You can also do a web search for electronics surplus as these businesses usually have a large selection of led lights and power supplies.

GEM

• Like 6

I have a string of faint purple LEDs draped on my fluorite slab from Halloween. They looked pretty together. Dollar store during Halloween had them. Guessing similar are around in general at places like Michaels. 

Electronics parts shops would also have all you need, but you'll want to be handy with basic circuit assembly. 

• Like 7