Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Ooh just went back to the KS page, there are actually 1,500 Wave 1 backers: 500 at the $1.00 level and 1,000 at the $100 level. Honestly, I cannot see EVERYONE in wave 1 ordering all 3, and especially not all 1,500 of us. I ordered the frost giants, didn't have a use for the other ones (Hut and tree btw).

• Like 5
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

It sounds like they have significantly more stuff to ship out for fulfillment

Video said they had 30% more whatever this time and they have to move "across the street" to start fulfilling US orders. ::o:

I have two sets of Tiny Furniture Terrain and will have three sets of Galladoria Games AdventureScapes to paint. I think I'll be busy...!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Rahz said:

I didn't.  In theory, because Reaper are registered as an importer and they are bringing it across the boarder, we shouldn't get hit with any additional fees.  In theory. 

Maybe... 

And I don't think I ordered any paint.  shipping paint when it's really cold out isn't a good idea so I tend to avoid it when things are supposed to ship during the colder months.  And I just checked and I did order one set of paint...  hmm...  will have to taste it and hope it didn't freeze too badly during it's travels. 

Oooh that's a good point. Is Calgary still frosty right now? Vancouver is starting to smell like spring time. The sudden season shift is interesting. And the shrub outside smells positively delightful (I deliberately walk by it for a whiff). Meanwhile, my dad in Tahoe is getting MORE SNOW. Hopefully the truck through The Mountains goes swiftly on a sunny day.  

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

The way I understood it was that they would be set aside till the last container arrives not that they would be pushed to the end of fulfillment. 

There is still a chance you will get your stuff the week of the 8th!

This is my interpretation too. They didn't specify if they had enough for 1 wave, or 3 waves, of 12 waves - just that they were missing some stuff. Their example was wave 5 stuff? Hopefully that means they estimate they have enough for at least that many waves before they need the next to arrive. I have all three from the list of doom, but wave 1/became Canada likely alleviates that risk. No real rush for me. It will get here eventually anyway. I admit I would really like some of the undead stuff for my D&D campaign. I don't even like painting most undead. Why did I create an undead campaign?! 

My mom *is* a little sad that I won't be handing her a triceratops during her visit in two weeks but eh, I'll be giving her a triceratops eventually so she isn't that bummed. I like the triceratops, and intended to paint it for her when I ordered it (her favorite dinosaur). But she's painting now - she can paint it! 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I see (if they are going on 500 orders a day) IF as someone said, there are 1,000 wave 1's (not sure where that was from??), then technically wave 1's like you and I will see our stuff shipped out by Wednesday the 10th, especially if they have enough stuff for the first wave or two. So I see 3 or 4 weeks max (I say MAX because UPS is the sticking point in the scheme of things here, worst shipper IMHO of the big three).

There were 1500 wave 1, 1K at $100 and 500 at $1 per the KS page. And no Wave 1 will not be done by Wed if they are estimating 500 per day. From Bones 3:

ReaperBryan reported Tues/Wed that wave 1 had twice as many orders as wave 2 and reported that wave 1 had 3930 orders. However, the tracker rolled over to wave 2 after 2781 orders. 

The number of orders for wave 1 is going to be significantly more than the number of backers and more than any other wave. The difference from Bones 3 wave 1 and Bones 4 wave 1 is that there were 500 less backers in Bones 4 wave 1 and no ROW in Bones 4 wave 1. There are still Canadian orders in Bones 4 wave 1. The 1149 difference in orders in Bones 3 was from ROW and Canadian orders. So what we can estimate is that Bones 4 wave 1 will have around 3K orders. Take away Canadian wave 1 orders and we are looking at 5 days to fulfill wave 1.

• Like 7

Though its disappointing how slow things will be, business wise I totally understand and think this is the best approach.  I am very glad to have had this unexpected update.  Also just saw Captain Marvel, really fantastic movie.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Evilhalfling said:

okay, US wave 1 and nothing on the list of doom. 

I don't mind waiting, but it doesn't sound like I have very long. 

And you're one of the few people we can't tell "go paint the rest of your Bones 3 core set!!", right? :poke:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I got a tree of despair and the Frost giants. I am hoping they have enough for a couple waves. I am wave 1. Us Shipping will be going on until May 20... They said the goal was for everyone to get shipped around the same time. But if US shipping is going on for 7 weeks it doesn't seem like that will be the case. I really hope that those missing items don't push me to the end of May shipping.

Not trying to be negative but that update really disappointed.  Not enough to skip out on Bones 5, but still pretty disappointed. May 20 shipping means possibly June Delivery for some folks. Sorry for the negativity, but I had psyched myself for possibly getting these next week or the week after, and now its 13 days more before US shipping even starts, then it could be 7+ weeks before my order gets processed due to missing items, then another week or 2 for delivery. so possibly 11 more weeks... :down:

Don't worry, Smokestack, your disappointment and negativity are reasonable and rational. Some folks' disappointment and negativity are less so.

• Like 6

I'm always slightly annoyed at people complaining about EU being shipped first. There was/is a real concern about not making the Brexit deadline and having to pay import taxes twice (one time we already payed through the pledgemanager, the other time would be with a hard Brexit for crossing the border UK to EU) and I'm happy they seem to get the stuff out before that.

Also, I backed in the first few minutes of the KS and would easily have been wave 1 if all the orders were sorted in waves, so why do some US wave 1 backers think we should wait until most orders are sorted? o.O

• Like 8

Honestly, I couldn't care about the brexit-yammering.   

Since I live outside the EU, but my goods will still be shipped through the UK facility, I KNOW that (unless there's an act of God, or a sleepy customs agent) I will have to pay 25% VAT and handling fees. (on the shipping cost, also...  Yeah, we get royally orked... )

I still pledged.  

Because this stuff is still ridicilously cheaper than it will be at retail later.   

Delays?   

As I have barely touched the loot from the Bones 3 KS(and I joined through the PM, so paid double what the KSers did, and still found it cheap), what does a few days or a decade matter?

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I'm always slightly annoyed at people complaining about EU being shipped first. There was/is a real concern about not making the Brexit deadline and having to pay import taxes twice (one time we already payed through the pledgemanager, the other time would be with a hard Brexit for crossing the border UK to EU) and I'm happy they seem to get the stuff out before that.

Also, I backed in the first few minutes of the KS and would easily have been wave 1 if all the orders were sorted in waves, so why do some US wave 1 backers think we should wait until most orders are sorted? o.O

As a EU citizen I'm happy Reaper is doing their best to make sure it arrives in time before Brexit hits us.

I think if people think about it, they will understand that we don't want to pay extra money if it can be avoided.

I backed early as well.

Still hoping all will be in time, the Brexit thing is utter chaos at the moment.

• Like 9