Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

6 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

My only gripe is unrelated to Reaper or the shipper but my post office itself. Every package goes to the post office. Mine has short business hours. I get home *after* they have closed. They're closed on weekends. My only free day is Fridays. I'm hoping the package arrives in two weeks. If so, no problem. :winkthumbs: If it arrives in three weeks... it's Good Friday, and the post office will be closed, so I'll have to wait another week. But the following week, I may be out of town for a conference, so it'll be another week. And unless I notify the post office, they'll send it back for staying there too long. :zombie:

Mine is similar (or was a problem when I was actually employed....)
It used to open at 7:30 but they made them stop doing that.  So they are open from 8 am until noon.  How anyone who works is ever supposed to get there I don't know......I could either be late for work or leave early for lunch....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

Oof. Yeah. My post office is open from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM... makes it real easy to get there while employed... we don't usually have a problem getting things delivered, but when we do, sorting things out is bad.

I know many of the national postal services are cutting back hours, but you'd think they'd aim for some evening hours somewhere on the schedule...

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Perhaps it is your local game shop that got it, and you can reap the fruits of it :poke:

I think the question then is...  WHICH game shop?  There are a... few that carry Bones products now.

...Apt to Game would probably be my biggest bet though, since at least two of the employees there are rather into Reaper models.  Warp One probably didn't, despite having something like a 12' wall of Bones (but mostly adventurer stuff)

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Ditto here. I suppose most of us Canadians will have received it.

Is it just me or are the boxes getting heavier and heavier with each KS? :devil:

My only gripe is unrelated to Reaper or the shipper but my post office itself. Every package goes to the post office. Mine has short business hours. I get home *after* they have closed. They're closed on weekends. My only free day is Fridays. I'm hoping the package arrives in two weeks. If so, no problem. :winkthumbs: If it arrives in three weeks... it's Good Friday, and the post office will be closed, so I'll have to wait another week. But the following week, I may be out of town for a conference, so it'll be another week. And unless I notify the post office, they'll send it back for staying there too long. :zombie:

I have a hunch that some of the heavier is attributable to the switch to bones Black.  It seems to be a denser material so for a given volume it's going to have more "heft" and weight.

I know the OwlBear I received seems to be about 20% to 30% heavier than a similar sized figure in Bones White.

YMMV

GEM

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have a hunch that some of the heavier is attributable to the switch to bones Black.  It seems to be a denser material so for a given volume it's going to have more "heft" and weight.

I know the OwlBear I received seems to be about 20% to 30% heavier than a similar sized figure in Bones White.

YMMV

GEM

This is a testable hypothesis. 

Anyone have a postage scale? Need that, a cup of water, and some semi-sturdy wire.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
44 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

Oof. Yeah. My post office is open from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM... makes it real easy to get there while employed... we don't usually have a problem getting things delivered, but when we do, sorting things out is bad.

I know many of the national postal services are cutting back hours, but you'd think they'd aim for some evening hours somewhere on the schedule...

I would remind you that the mindset and mentality here is that of Government Bureaucrats, and not just any garden variety of G.B. but Post Office Bureaucrats.::(:

GEM

We need an emoticon for banging head on desk

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Anyone have a postage scale? Need that, a cup of water, and some semi-sturdy wire.

I don’t know whether to go with the “throw in some chewing gum and a bit of string, and you and Macgyver will surely escape the terrorists,” comment. 

Or the “add some weapons grade plutonium and a DeLorean, and you can date one if your parents,” comment!  

::D::lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 14
30 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

This is a testable hypothesis. 

10 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I don’t know whether to go with the “throw in some chewing gum and a bit of string, and you and Macgyver will surely escape the terrorists,” comment. 

Or the “add some weapons grade plutonium and a DeLorean, and you can date one if your parents,” comment!  

::D::lol:

Or how about the "a turtle, a weedwhacker and 12 cans of spray cheese" comment???

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
10 hours ago, Zink said:

I've been to both of those. Climax is pretty underwhelming. I took and extra 10 minutes off my straightest route just to say I'd found Climax and the jokes are about the only good thing there. It's not really all that far from me.

My granpa was born in Ottertail County, MN. I'm thinking there might be a meaning to that one.

Seriously? I'm thinking the odds of there being another Bones addict here is pretty small. If your just teasing remember I know approximately where you live! ::P:

Would I lie? :devil: Seriously though, I would have tagged you but not everyone likes their location broadcast, so I didn't.

And I know where you live too ::P:, though admittedly your farm is probably shootier than my place. :ph34r:

• Like 9
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

...For the person who ordered it! ::P:  I didn't have the funds to do Bones IV (and I didn't even know about it when it was originally running, due to not doing Kickstarter, or even minis at the time), and every time I had spare cash while PM was open I kept debating back and forth about whether or not there was enough in each to justify the late pledge pricing ($150 USD for core is something like $225 CAD - $200 CAD apparently, according to XE atm).  I also thought about the paint, but given it was to fulfill in Feb originally, I didn't want to take the risk. 

You should have picked a few of the big dragons(The Dance, at the very least) in the PM. 

The CORE box is stuffed, yes, and probably is the most 'minis for the money', but that assumes you want/need all those minis. 

But everyone loves dragons...   ;-)

And we KNOW that they'll at least double in price(even compared to a late backer's PM price) when they hit retail. 

The Core minis will be released as either singles or as small sets eventually, so it's possible to pick only those you want later on. 

I wasn't certain myself, and it took a lot of studying of the pictures and presentations in the KS updates to decide to add the Core box. 

Post offices...   

The local post office used to be open until 5pm, but my bus used to arrive at 4:50pm if I was lucky, so it was a mad dash to get there.  

But that one was closed down a few years ago, and we now have 'post in store'. That is, a counter inside a grocery store, and the store employees does all the work, handing out and accepting packages. 

And that store is open from 7am to 10pm on weekdays...   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 3/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

You've never talked to a drunk Newfie, have you? :huh:

::P:

The Auld Grump

I have, actually. He wasn't very drunk, only two-martinis-worth, but his conversation on the Hangout that day was quite amusing. :lol:

Seeing UPS notifications for a few of our Canadian forumites has made it suddenly real for me. Like my brain can now go from "must keep excitement level low to maximize patience level" to 

its-happening-gif.png

:bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

For the place names, I live near the Cuyahoga River.  It's an Aboriginal name that means crooked river.  It flows into Lake Erie from the south, but it's headwaters are farther north than it's mouth.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And I just looked at the tracker again, and it was Calgary, with 408 orders processed. Dang that was a big spender.

And I looked again and it's Calgary again. Are there any other cities in western Canada?

:huh:

• Haha 9