Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Wow! That was a lot of posts to catch up on!

so excited some of you have your miniatures already!

its sad that some people are mad about it on various other channels- I thought it fairly clear the order they were shipping but also not every backer reads every KS update or any other content put out (multiple times) I suspect reaper weren’t expecting the Canadian orders to reach their destinations quite so quickly- but even then wave 1 US must be starting soon- so there won’t be that much of a gap I’m sure :)

• Like 14

I am of two worlds on how this Shipping issue is working out.

1. I am glad we are getting to see stuff in backers hands within a reasonable amount of time after the shipping estimate.  This is a great thing.  We can get a taste of what we have coming, we can feel a rush of excitement, and we will be able hear about problems and even solutions to problems before we open up our stuff to find an issue we do not know how to fix. All good.

But.

2. Reaper has serious issues with communication right at the delivery portion of these projects.  Just when I want to give them credit for a job well done, like the Ice Giant figures, or with getting to the fulfillment sooner than we thought possible, they lay an egg on somebody.

Why should it even be an issue if the first delivered mini's go to Canada?  Well it becomes one when you have every wave of Canada arrive before ANY wave to the U.S.  

Why is that a problem?  Well this bones was billed as first to back first to ship.  This did not happen.  Now 75% of orders made by B4 backers are now watching a minority get orders early, while the rest are being told to not worry they too will be getting their shipments only a week to two weeks later.  Timing is everything and following the botched announcements of the past couple of months, this will leave a small festering wound.  It should not have.  We could all be happy about arriving packages but instead we have to wonder how this will pan out.  Is someone in wave 12 with all three of the delayed Container Items going to get all their stuff before someone in Wave 1 with None will get theirs?  The answer is yes, and by potentially about 2 weeks for some Wave 1 backers, but that is not the worst.  Will someone from Wave 12 in Canada get their order 2 months before wave 5 U.S.?  Possibly.  Possibly even farther out.  How did we find this out.  When they had already taken every step to do this.

Bad communication got some peoples hopes up, and now several hammer blows later people are going to be left in the lurch with nothing to do but wait.... and wait.... and wait.

Before anyone says it is just sour grapes on my part I was wave 1 and locked pretty early, but am going to wait till my friend gets his to even open mine.  Unless he is left in the lurch, then we will just do 2 unboxings.  I am not worried.  I am not really a fast painter at all and about half of these are going straight to my Wife, and 8 year old daughter.  We will be excited for this fulfillment.  But I am tired of Reaper getting one step from the finish only to turn to take a selfie, trip, fall on their face, and crap their pants.  Nobody will remember the first 99.9% when the Finish was such a stupid waste. 

All of this would have been better had it all been communicated what was going on and the measures taken to correct the issue were closer to fair across the board.  It is always the little things that trip you up.

I hope this all works out for Reaper smoothly from here on out, I enjoy these projects immensely and want there to be many more.

Edited by Looter
Bad grammer which is common for me and which I rarely notice.
  • Like 7

But I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in you Canadians. No unboxing videos that I could find on youtube yet, just a lady on facebook and that was more of a first looks in between work shifts.

In these dire times we need to live vicariously through you!

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Nunae said:

But I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in you Canadians. No unboxing videos that I could find on youtube yet, just a lady on facebook and that was more of a first looks in between work shifts.

In these dire times we need to live vicariously through you!

I promise to take a picture of myself in a box when it arrives! But who knows if the western Canada truck will have the speed of the eastern truck. That one was absurd. Who fed UPS-Toronto a bunch of hyper-drugs? Or gave them a time machine? Did they hire The Flash? 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i can agree with that. As a fellow wave 1, with how antsy i am about it, i can only imagine someone in a later wave

I'm not really antsy, personally. I'm wave 5 and order all three from the List of Doom, so i have a pretty good chance of having to wait even longer. 

Besides, I've got something more important to wait for :pats belly: ^_^ :baby pats back: ::o: :lol:

4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

This is odd, as I seem to remember Ed mention on many occasions, they were not attached (especially considering SO MUCH is unassembled)

Yeah, I pretty clearly remember them demo-ing the hut and showing that it would come off the legs. Disappointing that they changed that.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 21

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Besides, I've got something more important to wait for :pats belly: ^_^ :baby pats back: ::o: :lol:

So you're saying you're going to have a little painting helper for Bones VIII?

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I sure hope so! Hubby and I plan on turning this little girl into a proper nerd! :wub:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:
6 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I sure hope so! Hubby and I plan on turning this little girl into a proper nerd! :wub:

Well congratulations and good luck with the little lady. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Some on Dakka were actually going to use the chicken legs for their Chaos Titanicus (sp) units! ::o:

Keep those pics coming! 

My hut was fully assembled, legs included.  I’ll try to take a close up of it tonight but it’s in the big pic I posted earlier with all my loot, standing on its own.  I was concerned as the hut hat pierced the box it came in in more than one place, but I can find no damage to the piece itself, though to be honest I haven’t gone over it closely yet.  I don’t even know if the legs are easy to remove as I haven’t tried. 

I found Baba Yaga who’s in multiple little pieces but won’t have time to assemble her until tomorrow as my kids both have after-school activities and I’m soloparenting this week. But I’ll get a shot of her and her house soon.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Cyradis said:

It looks perfect for holding in hand waggling it and running around the house going "RAWR RAWR" like a kid in a toy store :bday:

Probably won't run around the house, but I promise to shout "RAWR! RAAAAWWR!" when it chases my PCs around the table. :devil:

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

Could be a long day....my box was a half hour from here at 7 am, but UPS could show up at 8 pm, or any time before then.

Considering 3D printing an F5 button to stick to my window...

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

Ohhhhhh i am in the UK and i know i am a good month away from getting anything, but my god i want my stuffs :D I wanna join in the posting fun, by the time i get mine you will all be bored of seeing peoples loots :P 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nunae said:

I've had problems with the boiled parts of Bones staying straight, but I had success with leaving them over night in their ice water.

The next time you try this, you might want to heat, reshape, and then let the plastic cool slowly. This annealing process allows the crystal structure to realign and seems (IME) to facilitate long-term changes in a way that shock cooling doesn't.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3