Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Looks like the skeletal dragon may be a better test of the airbrush to start with than my Kally, who is somewhere between skeleton and zombie. It is more simple. Perhaps that'll be a starting project. Geez my D&D group is going to be worried. Bwahahahaha

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:
2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Tree of Despair, with friends.....

tree.jpg.e2c646f2b40947a834853e50132205e0.jpg

Still feel I made the right decision NOT getting the tree. It's nice, but way to big for my Non-Gaming self.

If the chains weren't sculpted onto the tree itself, I would have bought more than one. Likely enough for a forest.

• Like 6

This is surprising. I got Dance of Death and don't even remember pledging for it. The pledge manager confirms that I did in my original order, but it totally escaped my mind.

• Like 10
  • Haha 10
2 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

This is surprising. I got Dance of Death and don't even remember pledging for it. The pledge manager confirms that I did in my original order, but it totally escaped my mind.

Man!  I hate it when that happens!  ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Tree of Despair, with friends.....

tree.jpg.e2c646f2b40947a834853e50132205e0.jpg

Thanks! Now I wish I had gotten more than one.

I also wish I had gotten the Lost World Expansion, I have no idea what I use them for but I still want them. May have to check those out on ebay

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Skeletal Dragon actually went together surprisingly well for just press fitting everything.  Head and neck did fall of a few seconds after the pic though. :upside:

skeletal_dragon.jpg.c077098f8411d0d042e65823a0f23cae.jpg

His base is a little on the bendy side.

A couple of measurements of these 2.

Skeletal Dragon: 10" long, 7.5" high, about 5" wide

Blacksting: 6" long, 11" high, 12" wingspan

And I got the skeletal dragon because I figured it would be smaller and more playable than Kally. It's smaller but that's still big enough that it's not likely to get much table time. Blacksting is bigger than I was expecting too.While I get the attraction of the massive minis for what I'm doing something 6"+ is usually big enough. A 3 foot square table doesn't leave a lot of manouevering room when the monster takes up a quarter of it. Not a big complaint though.

Anybody got pics of the hut from Lost Valley. That was something I was expecting to be nice and big but I think it ended up being a lot smaller. I had plans of using it as a centerpiece for a goblin village.

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Man!  I hate it when that happens!  ::P:

44 minutes ago, Suden said:

Dinos!:

1284472319_2019-04-0510_07_33.jpg.0aea48717d07dd914f1229f81c943d1e.jpg

Hornhead is big, but not compared to his nemesis:

187186655_2019-04-0510_11_46.thumb.jpg.8431e313d4dabb1d32a7d6cce493d30c.jpg

Hardly seems like a fair fight...maybe he can challenge the T-Rex to a slap fight.

Next up is an itty-bitty dino, the Carnosaur, next to the Mumlak:

1816342532_2019-04-0510_41_41.thumb.jpg.61c946157c9601b268bfa4cb5762d0ef.jpg

4.5" vs. 5", seems like they'd be a little closer in size.

Next is the tree (I know it was already posted, but I had the pic so...):

1330688653_2019-04-0509_46_12.jpg.6b43486d5ea5ee16ea63052ab56b9187.jpg

The vultures look great, they are 2 or 3 different poses so they don't all look alike. I have one upright on the base of the tree. The base is separate, and the tree probably doesn't need it, it's quite stable by itself.

Last, but certainly not least is Nyarlathotep:

206560327_2019-04-0508_49_19.thumb.jpg.425be3fd7aaeff29faea63a9f2647c4f.jpg

Gigantic beast with a great looking temple backdrop. I didn't fully assemble him, there are a couple of sprues of fangy, tentically horror beside the base. I was worried I'd have to make a sanity check if fully assembled. The base is very warped, but I'm sure it will boil out.

These are awesome! There are so many that I am excited to paint!

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I had the same thing happen to me, only I added it in my third order. I thought for sure I'd just decided not to buy it, but apparently I did after all.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Zink said:

And I got the skeletal dragon because I figured it would be smaller and more playable than Kally. It's smaller but that's still big enough that it's not likely to get much table time. Blacksting is bigger than I was expecting too.While I get the attraction of the massive minis for what I'm doing something 6"+ is usually big enough. A 3 foot square table doesn't leave a lot of manouevering room when the monster takes up a quarter of it. Not a big complaint though.

With a little luck, the smaller models will make an appearance in the next Secret Project (or whatever they choose to call Bones 5).  There has to be a strong interest in smaller stuff, too, and by that I mean wyverns similar to @TaleSpinner's metal one (03659), though I'm not sure how big that one is (no scale markers).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Zink said:

Anybody got pics of the hut from Lost Valley. That was something I was expecting to be nice and big but I think it ended up being a lot smaller. I had plans of using it as a centerpiece for a goblin village.

Yeah, my 2ft x 4ft table is having trouble with five people around it, DM screen, and gameplay stuff. We're considering switching to a rolled up grid sheet to use instead of the laminated one, so that I can move the grid as we go. Still limited table space but it would make maps a bunch easier.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Yeah, my 2ft x 4ft table is having trouble with five people around it, DM screen, and gameplay stuff. We're considering switching to a rolled up grid sheet to use instead of the laminated one, so that I can move the grid as we go. Still limited table space but it would make maps a bunch easier.

We've tried the rolled grid thing and it sort of works! 2x4 is awfully narrow but you might be able to make grid tiles work, too. Something that provides a solid surface and can then be picked up and moved has worked pretty well for us.

• Like 6

A quick overview of my haul.

Open box:

tkSY8s0.jpg

The boxes (far left is Argent):

Zdb2Xsm.jpg

The bags:

fDoBq0B.jpg

It really feels like I got sooo much more than in Bones 3. Even by shear weight.

• Like 21
3 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Coming in Bones F5: Bones table extensions!  That's right, the shipping box itself will be made out of Bonesium and can be taken apart and reassembled as extensions for your gaming table!  The more you buy, the more room you have to play! And if we reach the stretch goal, new Bones Shelves!

I'm going to be in trouble when I discover that I need to boil a table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 19