Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

45 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Hoping to see it start moving today too...assuming they do about 500/day,I suspsect wave 1 will take only a couple days. I'll be watching for my city too (Yay for no productivity!)

Wave 1 is 1500 backers - 1k were $100 pledges, and 500 as $1 pledges. 

At 500 a day, it will take three days. 

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Ticker loaded, coffee poured, poking stick chalked. 

Let's do this!

But did you oil your little hamster wheel? :devil:

• Like 10

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekends observations after going through my Darkreach and Dreadmere expansions and all of my addons:

• The Stygian barge is going to be really tricky to assemble into a single piece just due to its weight. The bow and stern might stay separate pieces for easier transport.
  • The Stygian barge clear characters are currently my favourite green ever!
  • Baba Yaga's hutt is a beautiful, solid piece. But with the ton of other stuff that needs assembly, it's puzzling that this one comes fully assembled. And those legs are really solidly stuck there.
  • Dreadmere expansion: I was puzzled at fist, but like reported in Update #114, the Maggotcrown ogre juggernaut is right there in the middle of the box art, yet it's part of the Fan Favourite expansion.
  • Material stiffness: I'm already noticing that the stiffer material is also less resistant as I have some parts that snapped off. My Darkreach cave spider lost a leg while still sealed in its bag. And my Dreadmere turtle handler broke the tip of his stick and now owns a cane. All relatively simple fixes, but still somewhat a shame that we haven't found the right balance of stiffness, resistance, and high detail, at an affordable cost.
  • Darkreach's bloodstone gnome beetle rider champion. My brain is still trying to figure out exactly how he's sitting (kneeling?) on it.
  • Dreadmere's Juliana the herbalist's reminds me of Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

At 500 a day, it will take three days. 

Are they aiming for 500 a day? I know for Canada and the rest of the world they packed around the clock, but they said for the US they were only going to be packing half days, and going back to their regular jobs after lunch.

Also, keep an eye out for Knoxville, TN! I'll be in and out of the office so can't stalk the tracker like I want to!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TheMandolin said:

Are they aiming for 500 a day? I know for Canada and the rest of the world they packed around the clock, but they said for the US they were only going to be packing half days, and going back to their regular jobs after lunch.

As far as I know, they haven't specifically stated a daily goal.   Most of us are assuming 500/day based upon them being able to do around a thousand a day when working full days. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

• The Stygian barge is going to be really tricky to assemble into a single piece just due to its weight. The bow and stern might stay separate pieces for easier transport.

I was kinda hoping for this actually. Just looking at it I felt I would be to big to transport to a game session. Quick question: could you concievable drop out the middle section without it looking to funky? Just trying to think of alternate uses for the barge.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Right, and on those 'full' days it was approx 1000/day, so going based off that. I don't know what they're AIMING for, but just guessing from what they say with half days vs what was actually tracked on full

The counter records orders, not backers.

It's unclear how many backers were shipped per day.

FWIW, I kind of suspect that Wave 1 will have a higher than average number of orders per backer, because getting into Wave 1 required a bit more ... enthusiasm ... than later waves. ::D:

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The counter records orders, not backers.

It's unclear how many backers were shipped per day.

FWIW, I kind of suspect that Wave 1 will have a higher than average number of orders per backer, because getting into Wave 1 required a bit more ... enthusiasm ... than later waves. ::D:

Good points. 

I'm in wave 1 with 6 orders total.  The more Wave 1 backers like me, the longer that's gonna take.

Sorry...

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, Shadowphaze said:

Keep all your eyes peeled for Holly Springs, NC!  

Howdy, neighbor!

If you see Cary, NC in wave 1, that might be my order.  (It might not!  Cary is populated by an interesting collection of people.  And the color beige.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Xiwo Xerase said:

Howdy, neighbor!

If you see Cary, NC in wave 1, that might be my order.  (It might not!  Cary is populated by an interesting collection of people.  And the color beige.)

LMAO!  There's a reason it's called sCary right?  

• Like 5