Jump to content

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread


Recommended Posts

They may not be perfect on communication, but they are ahead of the game for larger Kickstarters. Ludus Magnus is infrequent and scattered with updates, and is a bit confusing. Scale 75 does have updates and isn't running late, but had some struggles with their PM and shipping during the KS. Neither of them had weekly or regularly scheduled updates with pictures. Ludus Magnus had some pictures here and there, and Scale 75 on rare occasion. Small KSs, like Frozen Ninja and Bear's Head, don't have the huge deluge of people to address, nor huge manufacturing burdens. They can afford the time to address everyone. 

 

We have largely been spoiled by a *lot* of communication leading up to this point, so when they get slammed and can't, we see it more. But really? I think they're still just going to "normal". 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

i just hope we start seeing some movement of US packages soon. Maybe they should have set up the warehouse before shipping at all, there wouldn't have been a week long delay between region fulfillment then? dunno, just speculating

 

i am admittedly anxious for it and a bit disgruntled that my wave 1 pledge just means i'll be the first of last place to get my stuff after sitting there camping the KS page trying to get a early bird pledge ::P: i wouldn't have tried so hard if i had known this was how it would have ended up. I think what bothers me most is that people htat didn't even help fund the kickstarter, late backers, get their stuff before people that actively helped the kickstarter be successful. It's irrational, i know, but it's how i feel

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i just hope we start seeing some movement of US packages soon. Maybe they should have set up the warehouse before shipping at all, there wouldn't have been a week long delay between region fulfillment then? dunno, just speculating

 

i am admittedly anxious for it and a bit disgruntled that my wave 1 pledge just means i'll be the first of last place to get my stuff after sitting there camping the KS page trying to get a early bird pledge ::P: i wouldn't have tried so hard if i had known this was how it would have ended up. I think what bothers me most is that people htat didn't even help fund the kickstarter, late backers, get their stuff before people that actively helped the kickstarter be successful. It's irrational, i know, but it's how i feel

I do not think this is irrational.  This is how it was marketed.  You were told you would be among the first because of how early you joined the KS. What is annoyingly prevalent is "recent" updates say something and then is simply wrong just days later.  Thursday they suggested start was today, but the reality is we just have to hope this week they will start but the information is so scant we just have meditate and repeat "they are close".  Good vibes everyone!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

They may not be perfect on communication, but they are ahead of the game for larger Kickstarters. Ludus Magnus is infrequent and scattered with updates, and is a bit confusing. Scale 75 does have updates and isn't running late, but had some struggles with their PM and shipping during the KS. Neither of them had weekly or regularly scheduled updates with pictures. Ludus Magnus had some pictures here and there, and Scale 75 on rare occasion. Small KSs, like Frozen Ninja and Bear's Head, don't have the huge deluge of people to address, nor huge manufacturing burdens. They can afford the time to address everyone. 

 

We have largely been spoiled by a *lot* of communication leading up to this point, so when they get slammed and can't, we see it more. But really? I think they're still just going to "normal". 

Theres the rub. I am in a batman KS  thats fulfilling now (220 minis with 20,000 backers, so its equivalent). "All we get is the hub is shipping this to the US this week" No waves, no counters no tracker, no thursday night videos. all we can do is wait for an email....but its seems less anxious than bones. All the communications past and present  have created a sense of expectation for Reaper  when we go a day without knowing exactly whats going on we get stressed :) Not sure if I have a point here.... just 2 cents 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I think what bothers me most is that people htat didn't even help fund the kickstarter, late backers, get their stuff before people that actively helped the kickstarter be successful.

I get feeling that way, but I find it a lot easier to let the irrationality of those feelings fade away when I understand the reasons things unfolded the way I did. 

It's like standing in a grocery line waiting to check out, wondering why they aren't opening up more registers - it's a lot easier to be understanding of the line when you are aware that an employee failed to show up, their replacement is stuck in traffic, and management is dealing with both the poor old man who had a heart attack in aisle 3 and the rascally toddler who knocked over the soda display on aisle 6. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Happened be watching the SleepyWhatsIt review and he got them.  Here is a capture from that on a 1" grid.

 

Sleepy_Statue.PNG.62b984039cf0815abf8d332c171c4336.PNG

I don't know why, but the guy doing these videos reminds me of the sore lemon guy in Wreck It Ralph:)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

As stated by others, the lack of social media presence at this point in the game is really noticeable.  The delays and issues don't bother me as much as the lack of updates, commentary, and responses does.

 

IMO the amount of information and frequency of updates Reaper has given us is deafening in comparison to nearly every other crowdfunding project I've backed.  I've backed projects that went completely dark after funding closed, and didn't even send a shipping notice when stuff went out.  I've backed projects with companies that have no web presence, no forums, and no social media. 

 

Seriously, NOT getting updates about what is happening this very minute is so far down on my list of concerns it doesn't even register. 

 

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

 

IMO the amount of information and frequency of updates Reaper has given us is deafening in comparison to nearly every other crowdfunding project I've backed.  I've backed projects that went completely dark after funding closed, and didn't even send a shipping notice when stuff went out.  I've backed projects with companies that have no web presence, no forums, and no social media. 

 

Seriously, NOT getting updates about what is happening this very minute is so far down on my list of concerns it doesn't even register. 

 

 

I fully admit I'd like to know what's going on...but on the other hand, I'd rather them be working on getting stuff going rather than taking time out to tell us. 

That's the tech support guy in me who's had to deal too often with people who spend so much time asking for status reports that I have no time to address their issue.

and speaking of companies that have gone dark, I need to go check out what's going on the Confrontation KS...I haven't looked in on that train wreck for a week or more. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got an email the other day from a kickstarter I backed in 2015. They half-delivered and a "new" group is jumping in to pick up where the old group left off...

 

Compared to that, and to most Kickstarters, Reaper's been fine. They've been good, even very good! I think it's worth remembering just how amazing Bryan is at keeping people up-to-date and how spoiled we were for the early Bones campaigns, but at the same time he never really enjoyed Kickstarters so much as he survived them. His method didn't seem very sustainable. He was going to break sometime. And a lot of things we're still benefiting from, like the tracker, are at least partially based on his work that Reaper is continuing to repurpose. I don't know if the Bones shipping tracker would exist now if Bryan hadn't have built the earlier versions.

 

So yeah... time to adjust our expectations a little!

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations
       
      Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.
       
    • By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.
       
      I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.
       
      Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.








    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride
       
       
      This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen
       
      "You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "
       
      ... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 
       
      ... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)


×
×
  • Create New...