Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I know I'm late to that discussion, but I have to agree that I was sometimes confused by the communication strategy.

I follow Reaper Live because I find it relaxing, but delivering/hinting at news through that is a bit difficult. For one, people have to watch very long episodes to find that one line, for another those things sometimes seem more like estimates or throwaway lines that suddenly get a lot of significance in absence of other news.

For example, I remember Ed saying two or so episodes ago, that with Brexit delayed to April 12th there shouldn't be any issues anymore. Since we hadn't really heard anything after "EU done on our end" that kinda had to mean that the ship would arrive last week for the latest, since all the EU orders had to be out by friday, this week. But apparently it's still on the water.

I also don't quite get why they went through with the plan to ship everything through the UK even though a hard Brexit seemed pretty likely at the time. And why countries like Switzerland or Norway get their stuff through that hub in the first place. We always got that "we're aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely" in the update, but no idea what that would mean. Where there alternate routes considered? Why was shipping  directly from the US to EU country via UPS/DHL/whomever with prepaid VAT we already paid not an option? 

It's precisely what I was afraid of in the original campaign: being asked to pay VAT twice because Reaper went through with a strategy that they planned two years ago, even though it might not be the best thing to do anymore. But back then fears where dispersed because Reaper knows what they are doing and would find the best solution.

Sorry for the negativity, rant over.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I know I'm late to that discussion, but I have to agree that I was sometimes confused by the communication strategy.

I follow Reaper Live because I find it relaxing, but delivering/hinting at news through that is a bit difficult. For one, people have to watch very long episodes to find that one line, for another those things sometimes seem more like estimates or throwaway lines that suddenly get a lot of significance in absence of other news.

For example, I remember Ed saying two or so episodes ago, that with Brexit delayed to April 12th there shouldn't be any issues anymore. Since we hadn't really heard anything after "EU done on our end" that kinda had to mean that the ship would arrive last week for the latest, since all the EU orders had to be out by friday, this week. But apparently it's still on the water.

I also don't quite get why they went through with the plan to ship everything through the UK even though a hard Brexit seemed pretty likely at the time. And why countries like Switzerland or Norway get their stuff through that hub in the first place. We always got that "we're aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely" in the update, but no idea what that would mean. Where there alternate routes considered? Why was shipping  directly from the US to EU country via UPS/DHL/whomever with prepaid VAT we already paid not an option? 

It's precisely what I was afraid of in the original campaign: being asked to pay VAT twice because Reaper went through with a strategy that they planned two years ago, even though it might not be the best thing to do anymore. But back then fears where dispersed because Reaper knows what they are doing and would find the best solution.

Sorry for the negativity, rant over.

Right now it seems Brexit takes longer again.

So we might get our stuff in time.

I can't speak for Reaper other than that they always came through and have excellent customer service.

That being said, I also think they made a bad decision to place their EU Hub in the UK.

Brexit was looming two years ago I fear they underestimated this.

Both The Netherlands and Belgium have great harbours ( Rotterdam and Antwerp) which are already the starting points for transporting goods through the whole EU and beyond.

I honestly think this would have been a better spot.

Oh well, I'm happy I don't have to make decisions like that.

In the end I still think it will be alright, but it will make me think twice about backing the next Kickstarter that wants to go through there.

If there is a Bones V ( whish I hope and would like) I do want to know how things are being calculated then for EU members.

Paying VAT twice is a no no for me and if that would be the case then I would wait for retail and shop in Germany when it is in stock there.

Of course that means missing all this fun..

I hope things will be sorted out.

It looks like UK and EU are trying for a Brexit with some sort of trade union in place, which would resemble the older E.E.C. more.

That would be fine because that would solve this problem.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get our BONES before the UK does anything to delay it all...

Bones IV, Every day I think about it and every day there is something else in there I want to paint first.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

The reason it shipped from the UK is because that is where their other warehouse is.... which is not unreasonable at all even in this situation.

All couriers in the UK shipping to the EU at this point in time, can fill in customs forms, explaining an order was placed and upheld before the decision on Brexit. so you all should be fine, They are starting to appear at all the post offices around and i believe even our couriers. 

assuming the ship has arrived/will arrive. but with lack of comms who knows where it may be :)

Don't panic

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
9 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I wore my dinosaur socks to send good dino vibes for all the Blacktooth Terror orders!

As your neighbor up in Harford county, let’s hope we see lots of stuff being sent to Maryland today!  :lol:

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

As your neighbor up in Harford county, let’s hope we see lots of stuff being sent to Maryland today!  :lol:

As another neighbor up in Harford county, I second this! Send stuff to Maryland!

• Like 7
24 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Red Deer delenda est!

That's a little mean to the city of Red Deer, isn't it?  It's not like it's their fault the tracker has been stuck on them for days.

Hopefully they will be surpassed today and the tracker will move on.

• Like 7