Jump to content

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Shadowphaze said:

There was some grumbling in the KS comments about them needing 3 more days as of yesterday.  Can anybody confirm?

 

I saw the same, and haven't seen anything official, either Facebook, forum, nor KS.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Reaper has always had a communication/PR problem due to the way that they choose to structure the dissemination of information. ie. We can't post an update because it's not update day. We can't gi

So I'm later than I had hoped to be.  I have content for this week, but let's pick the second January update (fourth Friday 1/25/19) Content. Five options.  Use the Like this post options to cast

Survey Time!   I'm going to let yall have a wee bit of input on the next Expansion Pack I feature for the updates. I have parameters I have to follow, so it isn't super open for yall to

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

 

Forgive me if it's been discussed before, but I see people say something about having to pay VAT twice. How would you have to do that? At this point, you've prepaid VAT, and the government (whether UK, EU or both) haven't gotten a dime of what you paid for the VAT. When you paid,  you paid VAT for EU rates, correct? If so, when it gets to you, Reaper will submit payment for your VAT that they collected to the EU, and not to the UK. Where would the second payment come from? I guess you MIGHT have to pay extra VAT if you like in the UK and they decide you have to pay more than what they collected for VAT for the EU, but there's really not much that can be done about that (the blame would squarely be on the UK government for that). Maybe I'm not understanding the whole process, but that seems to be how it was explained, and how I would think it would logically work since the UK isn't the end destination. Would they put VAT on the outgoing mail too?? I wouldn't think so since Reaper probably had to pay for taxes on the shipment going into the country. Please feel free to correct me if I've got any of that wrong, I'm not trying to downplay any concerns, it just seems that it might not be as complicated as it's being made out to be?

 

I hope you're right.

Basically if I order directly from USA to the Netherlands (EU) I need to pay customs/taxes VAT in order to receive it in my home country.

 

Now it goes through UK as another EU member but not directly to the Netherlands, that's okay since the UK is still an EU member, I pay once to receive it here.

 

Brexit happens.

Suppose a No Deal Brexit were we don't know what will happen.

Then I paid VAT to enter the UK from USA and I might need to pay again when I receive something from the UK ( not an EU member anymore) in the Netherlands ( Or Any other EU country)

 

We could be wrong about this, but this is basically the scenario we fear when Brexit happens without a deal.

So I hope we will get our stuff before that happens and I'll be watching what kinda deal Brexit will mean for the future.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glitterwolf said:

 

I hope you're right.

Basically if I order directly from USA to the Netherlands (EU) I need to pay customs/taxes VAT in order to receive it in my home country.

 

Now it goes through UK as another EU member but not directly to the Netherlands, that's okay since the UK is still an EU member, I pay once to receive it here.

 

Brexit happens.

Suppose a No Deal Brexit were we don't know what will happen.

Then I paid VAT to enter the UK from USA and I might need to pay again when I receive something from the UK ( not an EU member anymore) in the Netherlands ( Or Any other EU country)

 

We could be wrong about this, but this is basically the scenario we fear when Brexit happens without a deal.

So I hope we will get our stuff before that happens and I'll be watching what kinda deal Brexit will mean for the future.

 

I see. I guess the question at that point would be would you be forced to pay VAT for your order going to the UK when it's on a pallet and they don't actually KNOW you are the recipient until it's shipped out of the UK? I would think if anyone has to pay VAT at that point, it would be Reaper to get the shipment into the country. If a company from the UK shipped you something, you wouldn't have to pay VAT twice (even with Brexit)?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m reminded of the Dead Parrot skit...

 

 

That ticker wouldn’t “pumpf” if you put 4 million volts through it. That my friend is a dead ticker....:lol:

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

Suppose a No Deal Brexit were we don't know what will happen.

Remember - this doesn't just apply to you, this applies to the low level bureaucrats enforcing all this.  The more uncertainty there is, the less likely that the individuals within the customs offices will actually know how to handle it.   And my personal experience with government bureaucrats is that many of their decisions are based upon "how likely am I to get in trouble" vs "how much paperwork do I have to do?" 

It may be easier for a lot of these customs officials to let packages slide as if the UK was still in the EU for days, even weeks after the actual Brexit date, if they have no clear direction. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I’m reminded of the Dead Parrot skit...

 

 

That ticker wouldn’t “pumpf” if you put 4 million volts through it. That my friend is a dead ticker....:lol:

It is an ex-ticker.

 

It would have already shuffled off this mortal coil but it's feet are nailed to screen.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

 

I see. I guess the question at that point would be would you be forced to pay VAT for your order going to the UK when it's on a pallet and they don't actually KNOW you are the recipient until it's shipped out of the UK? I would think if anyone has to pay VAT at that point, it would be Reaper to get the shipment into the country. If a company from the UK shipped you something, you wouldn't have to pay VAT twice (even with Brexit)?

 

I'm not sure if I used the term VAT correctly.

If I receive anything from a NON EU Country I need to pay 33% of the value ( if above 22 euro) to Dutch Customs when it enters the Netherlands to clear it.

Now I paid Reaper to take care of that up front.

Should it arrive directly from the USA to me now, it would be ok.

 

Should it arrive through any other EU country first, I'm alright also.

 

But I don't know what will happen if it arrives in the UK and the UK is no longer an EU member.

Then it will be that I paid for entering the EU from the USA but now it enters the EU from the UK.

This could mean it is still taken care off, it could also mean I now need to pay customs again since it originates from a different (now) Non Eu country.

I'm not sure of this and nobody can give us the right answer because Brexit hasn't happened yet.

 

Therefore I'm happy to hear there is still a delay on Brexit and hoping for a delivery before that.

I'm not saying it WILL mean paying twice, but we don't know.

This has never happened before, so we're all in the dark here.

 

 

4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Remember - this doesn't just apply to you, this applies to the low level bureaucrats enforcing all this.  The more uncertainty there is, the less likely that the individuals within the customs offices will actually know how to handle it.   And my personal experience with government bureaucrats is that many of their decisions are based upon "how likely am I to get in trouble" vs "how much paperwork do I have to do?" 

It may be easier for a lot of these customs officials to let packages slide as if the UK was still in the EU for days, even weeks after the actual Brexit date, if they have no clear direction. 

 

I sure hope this will be the case if needed

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

 

I see. I guess the question at that point would be would you be forced to pay VAT for your order going to the UK when it's on a pallet and they don't actually KNOW you are the recipient until it's shipped out of the UK? I would think if anyone has to pay VAT at that point, it would be Reaper to get the shipment into the country. If a company from the UK shipped you something, you wouldn't have to pay VAT twice (even with Brexit)?

 

When packages ship to the US from the EU, the price is lower, as the VAT isn't collected. I don't know what the customs regulations are in the UK after Brexit (I doubt anyone does), but I would be surprised if UK and EU VAT would apply. More important would be potential duties or the added paperwork required for a second, individual customer, customs declaration.

 

:ph34r: Which is sort of what @Glitterwolf wrote while I was writing this.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shadowphaze said:

There was some grumbling in the KS comments about them needing 3 more days as of yesterday.  Can anybody confirm?

 

This is all I found in the KS comments:

I understood they needed some time to get things prepared after Canada and the world were done, but three days?!?!? I work in shipping, logistics is my job where I ship hundreds of packages per day. My boss would fire me if I used that much downtime.

 

I think he was just referring to the 3 days from when they completed Canadian shipping completed and not to 3 days still to get it going.  I might have missed something though.  

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

 

When packages ship to the US from the EU, the price is lower, as the VAT isn't collected. I don't know what the customs regulations are in the UK after Brexit (I doubt anyone does), but I would be surprised if UK and EU VAT would apply. More important would be potential duties or the added paperwork required for a second, individual customer, customs declaration.

 

:ph34r: Which is sort of what @Glitterwolf wrote while I was writing this.

 

Ok. I haven't had a lot of time to follow what's going on with Brexit and its implications, so I wasn't sure if there was a reason for the worry about 2 payments for VAT. The added clarification helps so thanks :)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations
       
      Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.
       
    • By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.
       
      I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.
       
      Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.








    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride
       
       
      This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen
       
      "You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "
       
      ... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 
       
      ... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)


×
×
  • Create New...