ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 minute ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Haha, my package is only twelve and a half pounds.  Some of you people are nuts.

Only some?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

20 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Just out of curiosity I went and looked... AND I HAVE A SHIPPING LABEL!  Woohoo!  Only 16.6 lbs.  Think I've got one of the smaller ones so far.. Oh, and I finalized on 9/11, no idea what time.

This is getting a little weird, my package was 16.3 lbs.  My will be here tomorrow.  

• Like 8

I hope they have enough huts to make it to me! I'm definitely at the tail end of Wave 1, and I've got all 3 items of doom!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

That will go a lot faster then!

I wonder I  I will get my bones before the 2nd of May. ( I'll be on a cityrip then and the Vixens will accept them then ) or after I get back?

Wow, only getting there a day after a special day for me:)

5 hours ago, Snowcone said:

Strangely Mossbeard was also missing from my box. I plan to email them after I go through each set. I don't expect them to ship replacements before shipping is complete. 

I'm a little jealous. My husband's interest level was only enough to see what type of mini was in each bag. He's painted a little bit, but I'm still trying to get him more into it.

I haven't opened up the sets yet. I plan to start going through things more thoroughly today. My table isn't big enough!

I will not know till Tuesday if my Mossbeard is missing

2 hours ago, dice4hire said:

Someone on this forum has a new table saw ..................................

That would be me:)

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'd be concerned about the speed/friction of the blade causing (unintended) damage to the figure (granted I've never used a table saw so my concern may be unfounded). 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

2 hours ago, dice4hire said:

I seriously do think a table saw would be ill-advised when cutting bones. 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hm, any damage done would be at the bottom, easy to obscure I guess.

I'll be using one of these.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hacksaw

I also have a coping saw, hacksaw and scroll saw as well, so I am ready:) Who needs their Hut worked on, let me know:)

2 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Oh, it'll do a bang up job of cutting bones!  Not so sure if it's the best tool for cutting Bones though.  If I was going to use a power tool for that I'd go for a band saw with a metal cutting blade on it.

No band saw, sorry

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Comparison between old WotC Balor and Reaper's new Narglauth:

20190411_130037.thumb.jpg.b5b683e1517a789c454ae523e35320e7.jpg

Definitely like Reaper's better. They're about the same size, but Narglauth doesn't look like he's been scrunched inside a box for most of his life.

18 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Not sure why I didn't pledge for this guy or for the terrain.

It's simple really.  I did pledge for him.  I think I somehow missed the update when the terrain was added.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

The shipping tracker is moving!

See? Fuzzy blanket + music + tasty noms therapy hasn't failed me yet. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

So even though mine is on its way to me, I've still decided to cast the tracker to my TV.

Any cities ya'll want me to look out for and try to grab a photo of?IMG_20190412_100826.thumb.jpg.e1e4048bcd98575c4527807a74ca5e4a.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Maredudd said:

Chicken Hut sounds like a fast-food chicken place . . . 

It is possible that Megan has doodled up a road side sign that reads

Baba's Chicken Hut --> 3 Miles

The Auld Grup

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So even though mine is on its way to me, I've still decided to cast the tracker to my TV.

Any cities ya'll want me to look out for and try to grab a photo of?IMG_20190412_100826.thumb.jpg.e1e4048bcd98575c4527807a74ca5e4a.jpg

I'm in Baltimore, MD if you happen to see it go by. I'm hoping today's the lucky day!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

My 27.5# package has received postage!

Are you a 9/11 locker-inner?

• Like 3

Mine is packed up and awaiting the truck to Wisconsin!

It looks like we've reached the 9/12 lock-ins (though I don't know what time I locked in).

My box is 22.5 lbs and contains all 3 of the items on the dreaded list, so we still have chicken huts for now!

• Like 6