ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

25 minutes ago, Tiuaz said:

Does anyone knows if they are just sending US orders or to all latin american as the said in wave 1

image.png.2baadbdc840d53c6d51176e2964bf802.png

The current shipping push is for all non-Canadian America. There are just a few more US backers than non-US backers in that group . . . (Could I be British with that level of understatement?)

• Like 6

WHOOOP! WHOOP!

received shipping email.

Estimated delivery date of Thursday 4/18

31.9 lbs.

Locked in on 9/20

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Shipping label received! But I won't believe it until I see the package actually moving, as I have all 3 of the cursed trio...

• Like 13

MANASQUAN! *shakes fist at other nj person getting shipped first! ::P:

Never mind! there goes New Milford! clearly we have hit the NJ block of wave 1.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

My package is still bouncing around in Texas. 

*refreshes tracking page*

Ugh... Hurry up! :lol: I need some cave elves!

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Just now, Crowley said:

My package is still bouncing around in Texas. 

*refreshes tracking page*

Ugh... Hurry up! :lol: I need some cave elves!

Just now, mine have gotten to Tennessee!

(Still have a ways to go, though...)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

*pulls on a pair of surgical gloves with a snap and starts sharpening a saw*

...FOR SCIENCE :blues:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Pics for reference:

1555088938862422655475429829895.thumb.jpg.453b4bd7ed57b7b75acde3805e90a87b.jpg

As you can see, the roof is pretty solidly on there. There might be places where it's glued on, but I'm very much doubting that it could ever be taken off.

15550889812684057156396985024423.thumb.jpg.b9bd31577718b4b9b26f82e16159a01e.jpg

As you can see, the legs themselves are glued on. However.... if it's superglue, wouldn't you be able to freeze the figure and then pop them off? Though I'm not sure how the cold will affect the Bones Black, so caution should be used.

For those of you who are still waiting for your Baba Yaga's Hut, here is a musical interlude to pass the time:

https://youtu.be/Hb9FwlubyIQ

https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

well, if we allow an average of 3 orders per backer, we are about 1/3 of the way through wave 1

I had 13 orders.......................was that not the norm?

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Hmmm, given the number of orders, and the number of backers at the 100$ level, plus a fudge factor for the wave 1 1$ backers, we may see them finish wave 1 today. Seems to be an aveage of 1.2 orders per backer, now that I look at the actual wave levels.

1,664 total wave 1 orders shipped as of now.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheMandolin said:

I had 13 orders.......................was that not the norm?

I had 11, so not too abnormal:)

6 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Pics for reference:

1555088938862422655475429829895.thumb.jpg.453b4bd7ed57b7b75acde3805e90a87b.jpg

As you can see, the roof is pretty solidly on there. There might be places where it's glued on, but I'm very much doubting that it could ever be taken off.

15550889812684057156396985024423.thumb.jpg.b9bd31577718b4b9b26f82e16159a01e.jpg

As you can see, the legs themselves are glued on. However.... if it's superglue, wouldn't you be able to freeze the figure and then pop them off? Though I'm not sure how the cold will affect the Bones Black, so caution should be used.

For those of you who are still waiting for your Baba Yaga's Hut, here is a musical interlude to pass the time:

https://youtu.be/Hb9FwlubyIQ

https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY

I remember them saying on last nights (and last weeks?) Reaper live, that because it was a process of heating up, inserting, then cool down the model, thats why the legs are glued on. Which probably means NO superglue. Maybe get under with a pry bar/screwdriver after a hot water bath and see if you can get it out that way?? Or just coping saw them off:rock:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Someone a while back froze their free Efreet so that they could remove the front piece and re-glue it.... They ended up snapping the mini in half, said that freezing it made it more brittle.

This was on the Reaper facebook group.

Edited by Disserrma
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 8

50 minutes ago, Suden said:

Since we already had one T-Rex comparison, here's another.

I just got the Batman game from Monolith, and I couldn't resist the batcave expansion with the T-Rex. The two beasts are remarkably similar in size, though the Monolith one is taller and has a much thicker tail. I'm guessing this is down to gender, but no way am I going to try and look under either tail to verify.

Because of perspective, whichever one was closer to the camera looked bigger, so I took a couple shots, with a human-sized bones guy for scale:

aGUFwC3A.jpeg.ace092c4b4583c9b8f1230b53a194424.jpegsRn44ltQ.jpeg.ba12bf7320dda70f3229af5364c679b2.jpeg

I really wanted to back that game, but I just couldn't afford it. I'm surprised at how big the T-Rex is, though.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

However.... if it's superglue, wouldn't you be able to freeze the figure and then pop them off?

Freezing helps when you try to break a superglue bond, because it reduces the shear strength of the bond. But that means that you need to be able to generate shear stress. With a socketed joint like I assume this is and the flexibility of even Bones Black, that can be very difficult.

Though I'm not sure how the cold will affect the Bones Black, so caution should be used.

I wouldn't worry about it. PVC is pretty good at low temperatures in mass. But that isn't to say that you shouldn't worry about it. If you do it and break a mini, that's on you. :poke:

I would probably avoid the liquid nitrogen, though.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 8