02867: Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthias is my favorite Vampire. Your version is one of THE FINEST I have seen...BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The base goes nicely with the miniature, finishing the piece in SPLENDID fashion.

VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

This is beautifully painted. 

I love the fading  on the ragged ...  (poncho? It looks like it once had soutached lapels like an eighteenth century coat.) the thingy, the implication that it was once dyed a dark color but wear has faded the raw edges and the high points on the wrinkles.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, and a lot more. And has some Undead in Jungle and or Pirate style in it.
      My Shifting Sands project is all about Undead, Arabian and Egyptian style Undead.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give the project an oldschool vibe/.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.  ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)

EDIT: Since the 3D printing bug bit me, the bulk will probably become 3d printed now.

EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
      Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.

This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Inarah
      Picked up a few of these a year or two ago and am slowly getting them painted.  They have a different feel from Reaper's usual models. 

Sister vampire in a different color scheme.
    • By Inarah
      Classic old school vampiress sculpt by Sandra Garrity.  Rawr!  She's a bit petite by current standards, so I built up her base just a bit.  But, oh, how that cloak flies!  And the ruffles edges on her shroud gown!

I did the back in a cooler purple:

• By Geoff Davis
      My first time painting a chibi figure.  Probably not the last.  Painting this made me feel happy.

• By Glitterwolf
      Design Vehicle and Crew: Titanforge
      Design: Fleeing Vampire in Front : Arch Villain Games
      Design Hanging Corpse : Printed Obsession
      Design Church Ruins: Printed Obsession
      Fleeing Winged Vampire : Reaper Bones Vorvorlake SKU 50329
      Graveyard Fence Part : Reaper
      Tombstones /Barrels/Books/ Weapons: Various.

Printed on Elegoo Mars in Resin.

Part of my Project Children of the Night.
      WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/page/17/

Vampires roam the land, but fear not, there are those who dedicated their lives to exterminate them.
      Here we can see how Ernst Holtz and his crew hunt down the evil creatures who were hiding in an abandoned cemetary.
      Once nobles and commoners alike donated money to the Order of the Vampire Hunters, but since the Baron's son and his wife ruled the Barony the order was mocked.
      People no longer believed in the supernatural.
      Ernst suspected the Baron's son and his wife to be behind it but he couldn't prove it yet.
      When he heard rumours of vampires in the area he assembled his crew and took out the now rusty Dampfhammer.
      He would show them!
      He would capture one of those vile creatures and show it to the people, they would believe again!
      Once more the vile Undead would flee before him!
      And maybe he could find out why the Baron's son and his wife wanted to get rid of the Order..

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)