12 hours ago, MelmothWanders said:

You do not disappoint! I'm really glad to see how this finally came out after following the progress on Facebook.

Are you in the 1HourANight group? Give me a poke if you are and say 'ello!

43 minutes ago, sirgourls said:

Dat NMM. If/when I ever dip my toes into trying it, I'm going to come back to this to use as a guide/inspiration.

Also you're making me rethink the way I've painted my frost giants' beards. I dig the frosty white.

Dive in! I still struggle with NMM and often sketch on paper what I want to convey before applying paint. I have some older pieces I compare to current work and see where I am still improving. (And contemplate retouching.)

You will enjoy the efforts of elevating your practices as each piece gets better and better. If I can do it: you can do it better. I believe in you. :D

Gratitude for your kindness, both of you. <3

• Like 2

Wow! I second what has already been said.. Your NMM is pretty flawless and your brush work is off the charts.

I, for one, am truly inspired by the awesomeness at display and will certainly try out your color scheme on my next sword! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lostwind
      I've backed all 4 Kickstarters, and in order to move on actually painting them I did a mass wash / prime.
      I've intermixed the bones by type (Monsters, Heroes, set dressing), and have a couple random pieces that got separated.
      Can anyone tell me what these parts belong to?
      TIA

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiltfive/holographic-tabletop-gaming

I have me a bit of a dubious, largely because I'm not certain these will, in fact, work for anybody. But. Still.. the concept is pretty damn cool.

"Tilt Five is a whole new way to play games, in Augmented Reality (AR), with freaking holograms!
      When you slip on the Tilt Five glasses and look at the game board, a vibrant 3D world opens up to you.  Suddenly chasms seem to drop infinitely into your table, and game characters and monsters spring up from the game board.  This is gaming unlike anything you've experienced before. 
      "When we started designing the Tilt Five system our focus wasn't on the technology for technology's sake.  We wanted to provide an amazing gaming experience that blends the things you love about video games and board games. And we wanted it to be just as fun when playing solo, together with your friends, or even when you're apart."  Jeri Ellsworth, Co-Founder & CEO "

Be interesting to see if this lives up to itself.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I recently bought some Greenstuffworld colourshift paints & eagerly wanting to try them out, I searched through my (huge) Bones backlog for a suitably metallic mini. I grabbed the fantastically ominious Iron Golem from the Bones 4 Stoneskull Expansion & got to work.

The blue areas are the colourshift paint, all the other areas are standard paints.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not as easy to see the effect on these pics as it is with your own eyes but you can make it out. There's no shading or highlighting on these areas apart from some silver to pick out the rivets & sharp edges on the arm plates.

Thanks for looking!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Volturnos, a character from the Idoneth (or Sea Elf) faction in the Warhammer:- Age of Sigmar game by Games Workshop.

Not my best work, I struggled in quite a few places (particularly with the fish) so a lot of it has ended up being painted rather basically, even by my standards.
      But I did get it finished, so I'll count this as a partial victory.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   44 Members, 4 Anonymous, 194 Guests (See full list)