Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 16: What is your hot drink of choice and how do you like it prepared?

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. Or maybe Russian Caravan. Also Hot. With lemon, or sugar and a drop (just a drop) of milk.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Hot ... drink? Drinks are cold.

Wait, there's cider and hot chocolate, I suppose, though it's hard to think about them in August. And they're prepared ... hot.

Duh.

::D:

This. I rarely drink anything hot. I actually drink cold cider too.

• Like 4

Tea, steeped from loose leaf.  No cream or sweetener.

I seem to prefer teas with bergamot (like Earl Grey and variations thereof), floral teas (e.g. jasmine or rose), and teas with mint, although a good Japanese tea is a treat.  I drink mostly Japanese tea at work bought from our local Asian markets (sencha before lunch, genmaicha after lunch, hojicha sometimes to mix things up).

Most of my tea at home is from Tin Roof Teas (our local tea shop) although I have a good selection from Discover Teas in Newport News.  (My wife and I make a pilgrimage to that area periodically to get tea, raid used book stores, and check out some of the gaming stores.)  There are a couple teas from Stash and Capital Teas that I like as well (although my supply of these is almost out).

• Like 6

I guess it would be hot chocolate. 

At this point I am drinking coffee cold, tea cold, both over ice... (uncouth heathen barbarian gryphon creature that I am.) :ph34r:

...and how...?

Whatever it says on the paper packet...do that.

:ik_oops:  :mellow: (Fully aware that ^ this is sad and lame.)

• Like 2

English Breakfast tea, one shallow scoop of sugar. That's my lazy every morning brew. If it is available and I need to guzzle, I'll add cream to cool it. 

On rare occasions a Boulder Latte from a local cafe. Coffee with vanilla, cinnamon, and honey.

Big fan of lots of tea types, oolong in particular.

I make really good rooibos hot toddies (also good for soothing throats). Hot apple cider with amaretto is high on list too.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tea is Queen. All hail tea. Coffee stimulates the body, tea stimulates the intellect.

Tea bag must be placed in cup before boiling water is poured directly over it, then left to cool for a little bit before adding sweetener. Sit back and relax as you drink. Feel refined. God save the Queen.

• Like 4

I should have added that my morning tea is abused. After that I start dipping into the loose leaf good stuff. Morning me has no patience. Good stuff needs the electric kettle for temp control and timers. Mmm tea. Tea is love.

• Like 3