Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

11 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Penzey's makes hot cocoa? :wub: 

Hot cocoa is my hot beverage of choice, homemade from scratch, no sugar. If sweetness is desired, some aspartame.

Yes, indeed!

It comes in regular Regular and Mint (but if I want the mint, I'm going to drop a couple shots of schnapps in it).  Three sizes: the tall bottle, the wide jar, and the big bag!  I don't remember the actual sizes.

• Like 4
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

Since it looks like @TaleSpinner is busy, I'll offer one (sorry if this is a repeat; my participation has been sporadic over the years):

August 17: If you could choose a single fictional property for a new miniatures line and didn't have to worry about licensing, what would you choose?

• Like 8
34 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Since it looks like @TaleSpinner is busy, I'll offer one (sorry if this is a repeat; my participation has been sporadic over the years):

August 17: If you could choose a single fictional property for a new miniatures line and didn't have to worry about licensing, what would you choose?

Ok, I'm going a weird answer

The Emberverse series by S.M. Stirling (Dies the fire, etc.) 

It's one one of my favorite series and the miniatures would start with modern characters... businessmen, gang members, etc, then progress to improvised post-Charge armor and weapon vs eaters (cannibals, usually diseased from undercooked meat) in rags, then progress to the civilizations that rise up, which often mimic earlier eras (Medieval England and Scotland, Feudal Japan, Norse, Roman) with a few more eclectic groups such as the Bearkillers and the Morrowland Pack. 

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Tough to go here.  I am a person divided.  The fantasy side of me wants to create the magnificence of the Melnibone's Imryrr, the Dreaming City and its inhabitants along with a cast of characters from the Young Kingdoms.  The gamer in me wants rules and terrain to go with the different books.  I'm torn on whether it should be more RPG focused, skirmish or if there should be army size conflict... as all exist in the books.  Perhaps one that incorporates all three in its campaigns.  Because it would be more complicated that way...

The other, Sci-Fi side of me wants to do a set of Treasure Planet miniatures and ships... this would work better as an RPG set... as well as for movie reference.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Neil Gaiman's Sandman characters would be amazing. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I have a few ideas:  Greyhawk personalities, deities/avatars, unique monsters, normal denizens in culture specific garb ect. done in 32mm scale

Erol Otus, work converted to a larger scale 3D form.

Pretty much any Dragon/Dungeon magazine cover that's "interesting" converted to 3D

and "modern politicians caught in compromising positions" vignettes  :devil:

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I think I'd like to get minis for C.J. Cherryh's SF universe: Merchanters, Kif, Hani, Hisa, ....

The minis would be useful for any of the sorts of Traveller adventures that I'd like to run, and I don't think there's a lot of overlap with the sorts of things currently available.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I have often thought that a separate Chronoscope line based on Girl Genius would be a winner. Reaper already MAKES some steampunk folks, and a fine steam dragon, and I assume they sell okay; the steampunk stylin's of Agatha, Gil, Tarvek, the Jagers, and a variety of mad dukes, military leaders buried in gold frogging and gear insignia, and a selection of battle clanks...

I'd think that would be a winner, but I dunno about the licensing.

• Like 9

Lejentia

Elfquest (yes, I know Ral Partha made some way back before the oceans drank Atlantis, but they're waaaay OOP now)

Talislanta (yes, someone {I don't remember who} made some way back when, but they're also way OOP)

You could probably get some pretty cool stuff out of Heavy Metal magazine...

ETA---oops, saw the question said 'single'.

Tough, I'm an over-achiever.::P:

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 9

I'm still waiting on the rest of the Kickstarter miniatures for the setting I really wanted on the tabletop.  As for something that hadn't been done? I dunno, maybe I'm just a basic geek but I'm having a hard time thinking of a property I like that hasn't been done in miniature in some way (whether licensed or not).  So for now I'm just going to second for Niven's Known Space, particularly a Man-Kzin Wars wargame, preferably in 15mm.

• Like 5

I second Dr. Bedlam's suggestion of Girl Genius, it's a fantastic series. Otherwise, my brain is not at a level to think of others.

• Like 7