Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

38 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

I don't have anything planned this weekend.  I'm hoping to get some painting done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

Saturday: also going to the CMPA painting group. 

Sunday: playing D&D at the same store as Saturday.

- my PC has a 8 con and 7 Chr.  every time he tries to speak to an NPC, he coughs, hacks, wheezes, sometimes spitting into a handkerchief.  if he manages to say anything it is a raspy whisper. He tries to talk to people all the time and would be the party spokesman if he could.  He is fun to play but hard on the throat. 

I should probably purchase something more than snacks there since I will be spending 9 hours hanging out at the FLGS. 

This also violates the "Only go gaming once a week"  marital bliss guideline - I should do extra cleaning today/Sat morning 

on Monday I am having my teeth cleaned, and will miss the start of the eclipse, but  catch the peak. I am woefully unprepared to see it in person 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Since it looks like @TaleSpinner is busy, I'll offer one (sorry if this is a repeat; my participation has been sporadic over the years):

August 17: If you could choose a single fictional property for a new miniatures line and didn't have to worry about licensing, what would you choose?

For something serious, I'd like David Gemmell's Drenai series...Druss the Legend & all that.

Based on movies, I'd love doing the Tim Burton films, particularly Alice in Wonderland & the Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

I'll paint during the day with a possible break to go off to Marble Falls with Cap'n John. In the evening I'll watch a baseball game or two...that is pretty much my schedule for most any day during the Summer.

I have the same basic social life as a Trappist Monk, but I will post pics of anything I've painted/sculpted/whatever. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

Make pizza tonight (even though the house is ridiculously hot, pizza on Friday has become a thing at our place), maybe a beer with the guys from work after that.  Attempt to make progress on college assignments while running laundry. Tomorrow will most likely be clean the house, more college stuff, grocery shopping, followed by dinner and Cards Against Humanity at a friend's house.  Sunday will be more college stuff, *maybe* some painting but I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 2

First off I'll be watching the Bones IV Kickstarter Livestream tomorrow ( don't miss it, folks!), and then probably set up my painting station at the FLGS on both days.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

First off I'll be watching the Bones IV Kickstarter Livestream tomorrow ( don't miss it, folks!), and then probably set up my painting station at the FLGS on both days.

Yeah, unfortunately, I have to miss it.  My son is going to college soon, so tomorrow is our last chance this year of getting to the Ren Fest with him before he goes. I'll just have to watch it from the recording when I get home.

• Like 3

Weekend Intention: Warhammer 101: Painting and Assembly Class at our recently opened (migrated) game store downtown.  Picked up the $8 Getting Started with W40K which has a figure included (and a 3 pack of Intercessors) and a basic set of Citadel paints for Space Marines.  I figure this month, I'll end up cleaning a few and maybe getting to do basic paint (primer) at the store while (hopefully) meeting other people interested in some wargaming.  I'll post how it goes on Sunday.

• Like 2

Protesting, gaming, and prepping for the event I'm running next weekend.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday: Yard work, nap, take care of mom

Saturday: Work

Sunday: Yardwork, nap, housework

Maybe sneak in some painting time

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Since it looks like @TaleSpinner is busy, I'll offer one (sorry if this is a repeat; my participation has been sporadic over the years):

August 17: If you could choose a single fictional property for a new miniatures line and didn't have to worry about licensing, what would you choose?

Hmm, maybe Shadowrun. Sci-Fi in general just seems to be lacking in the mini's department while fantasy is pretty well represented. Even those fantasy licenses that don't have specific minis for them you can pretty easily find something that will work. I like the Belgariad idea for example, but at the same time, it wouldn't be too hard to find minis for most of what was in that series.

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tonight: Hanging with friends, eating real (i.e. Chicago Style) pizza, possibly imbibing a few adult beverages.

Tomorrow: Hopefully going on a hike with Mrs. Gargs

Sunday: Mostly just relaxing, maybe finally getting back into the hobby side of things. Not sure, haven't had the motivation for several weeks now, but starting to get that itch again.

• Like 3