Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

18 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Since it looks like @TaleSpinner is busy, I'll offer one (sorry if this is a repeat; my participation has been sporadic over the years):

August 17: If you could choose a single fictional property for a new miniatures line and didn't have to worry about licensing, what would you choose?

In terms of "I want to paint it" I'd probably choose Harry Potter.  It might seem silly, but it's visually very distinct and identifiable, plus my girls would love it.  

I do 110% agree with Girl Genius, though.  And there's a decent chance they'll be at Geek Girl Con and I'll be able to see them the week before Reaper Con.  I could try and ask them what they thought of the idea...

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

Saturday bright and early the little girls have a karate belt test.  Sunday we're playing Savage Tide with GodOfCheese's family.  (I'm the DM.)  The time in the middle will probably be general planning and organization.  

• Like 4
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

8/18: Today is my daughter's birthday; we're having a small family celebration, and sadly, I've got a rollout for work tomorrow.  Sunday should be a relaxing day.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

Today we're doing a bunch of running around. The next couple of days we'll be at the in-laws since the girls go home next week and we won't see them until Christmas.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, LordJosh said:

8/18: Today is my daughter's birthday; we're having a small family celebration, and sadly, I've got a rollout for work tomorrow.  Sunday should be a relaxing day.

Today is Middle Daughter's 155th birthday as well.  Low key today, but she is having her friends over for a board game party tomorrow.  Getting Chinese for lunch Today and grilling tomorrow.  Other than that, organizing stuff and then most everyone is driving to VT to move Daughter Dilvish into college.  I'll be home with Youngest Daughter. 

Oh, and I have the box of goodwill to go through as well.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

...or maybe his wife is and the girls are half-elves.  It would explain all the trips under the sea...visiting the in-laws.

Are there fairy mounds or rings under the sea? Because to have a daughter who is 155, there would have to be some sort of time-rate differential.

Or perhaps he is a time traveler?

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Are there fairy mounds or rings under the sea? Because to have a daughter who is 155, there would have to be some sort of time-rate differential.

Elven magic?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

What's the life span of a Kraken soaked squid?::P:

• Like 10