Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

Preparing for the semester. All day...both days...and then into Monday.  YAY!!! Seriously...that makes me truly happy.  So glad to be back in school!

• Like 4
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

Weekend Aug 18-20: What'cha doing this weekend? Share, do, and share pictures of the highlights if you can?

I plan to sleep in.  After that, we'll see.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Well that was a fun autocorrupt.

For some reason any time I type 'th' after a number it throws a 5 before it.  Makes typing dates difficult.

Knowing that we both have 15 year old daughters I suddenly understand why sometimes your life sounds a lot like mine.  Maybe it only *feels* like 155 years.  :;):

• Like 8
2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Knowing that we both have 15 year old daughters I suddenly understand why sometimes your life sounds a lot like mine.  Maybe it only *feels* like 155 years.  :;):

Actually three daughters: 18, 15 and 13.  The oldest heads off to college on Sunday.  Busy times.

• Like 8
15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

My wife and I are on vacation.  We're in Columbia, SC, ahead of Monday's solar eclipse.

Today was driving.  Tomorrow, I probably will get roped in for work stuff in the morning, and then we will head out to pillage (shop) local (yarn, used books, and gaming) stores.  Sunday will be whatever pillaging we didn't fit in on Saturday.

I didn't bring any painting supplies with me because I wasn't sure how much free time I'd have.

9 hours ago, knarthex said:

@Gargs

Ral Partha made some good Shadow Run minis back in the day...

A lot of the archetypes were  done,  plus other stuff...

Check out evil bay...

Sometimes you can find them inexpensively. ..

I believe Iron Wind Metals is still selling the Shadowrun minis.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 2
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, knarthex said:

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, NebulousMissy said:

What would a Kraken soaked kraken taste like?

guess we could ask a certain person. ...

:blink:

Sorry, no. I won't actually demonstrate Rule 34 directly on the forums. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

Rubber bands in lighter fluid (NTTAWWT). Squid always taste like rubber bands.

Er ... Kraken is nothing like lighter fluid. I'll just say my taste buds must differ significantly from yours. NTTAWWT.  ::D:

And, finally answering the question for the weekend ... we picked many apples from our tree in the front yard yesterday, and better half turned the ones that fell and broke their skin into apple crisp same day (after she also did some painting - she's pretty darned awesome). Today, after church and pancakes, we're going to play D&D at friends'.  Huzzah!

• Like 5
On 2017-08-18 at 3:18 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

Rubber bands in lighter fluid (NTTAWWT). Squid always taste like rubber bands.

Kalmari is one of those things you really need to know how to cook properly. Before I met my wife I'd had it a few times and wasn't impressed. Rubbery and not that tasty. My wife grew up on the coast and her mom taught her how to do seafood good. Her kalmari practically melts in your mouth. She's got a few different recipes and it's one of the staples for our holiday feasts now. A few years ago you'd never see it here but now you can get squid tubes at several grocery stores.

Wish I was closer to people with the apples. We've only got a couple trees of sour ones. Can't remember the sort right now. This year there's only a couple apples on each tree.

Edited by Zink
  • Like 3

Mostly just sleeping late. This was the first week of school, and I HATE getting up early; I had some sleep to catch up on this weekend while my rhythms readjust. For some reason, that doesn't happen as fast as it used to.

• Like 3

We moved our bed, some of our clothes, some of our food, and our entertainment systems to the new house. Also moved part of the couch. Tried moving the cats, but they wouldn't let us sleep, so back to the old place they went. Obnoxious little (redacted). 

I'm sore all over and so very tired. Oh, and there's a horror movie baby living next door to us. It was sitting on a rocking thing when I left at one point, it looked up at me from under its eyebrows and gave me a creepy smile. It continued to give me a creepy stare as I left. It was there when I came back too. 

If i suddenly stop posting I've been murdered by a creepy baby from hell :mellow:

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 7
On 8/18/2017 at 8:09 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks Doug.  Sorry about that guys, was in meetings yesterday and totally forgot. 

I ended up working for most of it. No pictures, 'cause nobody wants to see that.

• Like 3