Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

3 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

TGP: I think of it as a process of the herd. 300 kids out there laying in the grass and wearing their safety glasses, no sweat... but there WILL be one or two who do something dumb. It happens. Statistics, if nothing else.

And yet we work so hard to reduce evolutionary pressure. :devil:

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 6
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tha deff dumpster

I feel yer pain, both of yez. I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADO

Yes. My current strategy is to keep clicking on things until there' nothing left to get.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

I ended up canning 24 jars of salsa (the other 12 are still in the canner). 

IMG_0105.thumb.JPG.b20baad0f1de1b81c96eadd7868d5d56.JPG

At first I was like "Oh cool" and clicked like. 

Then I was like... wait a minute... canned salsa? and clicked unlike.

But that wasn't fair to you, so I reclicked the like.

And mostly I realize that I prefer pico de gallo... and should have had no bias in the first place.  Sorry...

• Like 3

Canned salsa is never quite the same as fresh. I've seen my salsa canned before, I was disappoint. But I'd made it to be eaten fresh and did not realize it would be canned until the next day when I grabbed the bag of chips and opened the fridge and wondered where all my salsa went.

But that was a problem of communication and not getting the chance to eat my own yummy fresh salsa. I'd suffered for that salsa dammit ::P:

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Grayfax said:

At first I was like "Oh cool" and clicked like. 

Then I was like... wait a minute... canned salsa? and clicked unlike.

But that wasn't fair to you, so I reclicked the like.

And mostly I realize that I prefer pico de gallo... and should have had no bias in the first place.  Sorry...

Canned salsa is very good if you make it yourself from fresh ingredients.  The canning process allows the flavors to combine and mature.  Canned salsa from the store usually sucks unless you get the botique types.

I agree in the pico de gallo part, but I just can't eat a half bushel of tomatoes and peppers worth of fresh pico, hence the canning.

8 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Canned salsa is never quite the same as fresh. I've seen my salsa canned before, I was disappoint. But I'd made it to be eaten fresh and did not realize it would be canned until the next day when I grabbed the bag of chips and opened the fridge and wondered where all my salsa went.

But that was a problem of communication and not getting the chance to eat my own yummy fresh salsa. I'd suffered for that salsa dammit ::P:

Sounds like whomever canned it, over canned it, too hot for too long.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 24: Outside the realm of miniature/gaming related activities, what is another hobby that you enjoy?

Landscape painting (oils) still life (Flowers in acrylic mostly). Needlepoint, cross stitch. Pysanky (Ukrainian easter eggs). Pottery (especially raku). Low immersion dyeing. Costuming. Reading. Baking. Cooking. Cake decorating. Origami. Lampwork bead making.

... wait? Was I supposed to stop at one? I could keep going... Hrm. Shall we say 'Any craft that doesn't run away fast enough to escape'? :lol:

• Like 7
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 24: Outside the realm of miniature/gaming related activities, what is another hobby that you enjoy?

Rocks. Sparkly rocks. 

Sewing. 

Horseback riding.

Playing with reptiles.

Gardening.

Fancy mixology. 

Reading.

Travelling.

Sleeping.

• Like 4

I enjoy shooting, and firearms related activities. I also enjoy archery, though I have not done any in a long time.

Sewing

Hiking/Nature

Fishing

Drawing

Reading

Watercolour

Woodworking

Movies

I'm also interested in photography, though I'm very bad at it. 

• Like 5