Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, etherial said:

August 28: What do you do when you have a case of the Mondays?

At the moment Mondays are when I can get some writing done because two people in a studio means there is always constant distraction and other person. Mondays means I can unwind from the weekend, relax, have a drink, and plan out my week's worth of work. Then throw those plans out the window and write something else. Something, anything, so long as it's a thing.

Saturday nights are the worst right now because there's distractions and people and ideas and things and I can't get anything done. I can't even discuss ideas with myself because I do it aloud and I've been called crazy enough in my life that I get really self-conscious, I need to be alone, actually alone (and preferably drunk) before I can discuss ideas. It'll get really bad in the fall because depending on when FEMA OT ends my SO will be on furlough from then until mid December. 

When that happens my Mondays will become more like your Mondays, methinks. And then I will be sad.

• Like 5
38 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

At the moment Mondays are when I can get some writing done because two people in a studio means there is always constant distraction and other person. Mondays means I can unwind from the weekend, relax, have a drink, and plan out my week's worth of work. Then throw those plans out the window and write something else. Something, anything, so long as it's a thing.

Saturday nights are the worst right now because there's distractions and people and ideas and things and I can't get anything done. I can't even discuss ideas with myself because I do it aloud and I've been called crazy enough in my life that I get really self-conscious, I need to be alone, actually alone (and preferably drunk) before I can discuss ideas. It'll get really bad in the fall because depending on when FEMA OT ends my SO will be on furlough from then until mid December. 

When that happens my Mondays will become more like your Mondays, methinks. And then I will be sad.

We'll help you through it, Mistress Nebula.::):

• Like 5
1 hour ago, etherial said:

Sigh and try to muscle through it.  And hope tomorrow isn't Second Monday.

Objectively, it would be nice to sit down and figure out why I have a case of the Mondays.  What's happened during the weekend that would make me lack motivation on Monday?  But who has time for that?

• Like 5
5 hours ago, etherial said:

Deal with it, get through it, hug my husband when I get home. It's kinda amazing how much better I feel after a hug from him. Hugs are magic :ik_oops:

• Like 8
5 hours ago, etherial said:

The best defense is a good offense! So I usually charge straight at Monday. I know it can still turn bad, but surprise attacking Monday works sometimes. If it doesn't, sure it is business as usual... but when it does? It is a glorious day! If there's 52 of them in a year and I can beat even one a month... I'm doing better than a lot of people. Most of the time I am doing better than 50%... and I would dare say I am approaching the Pareto Principle. Never let your guard down, though. Mondays keep score.

• Like 8
9 hours ago, etherial said:

I think the obvious answer here is that I forget to do things.

Yesterday sucked.  I'll have today's question in a few minutes.

• Like 8
9 hours ago, etherial said:

Sadly I still have to go to work. :( At least now, Mondays are usually busy enough that even when I have a case of the Mondays, its not too bad. When I get home though I am generally anything but motivated. :p

• Like 2