Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I think the obvious answer here is that I forget to do things.

Yesterday sucked.  I'll have today's question in a few minutes.

No sweat. You will note how many people noticed and how long it took me. Yesterday was a real bad day for a lot of folks.

17 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 29: How old are you?

I turn 36 in less than 36 days.

36 is the first non-trivial product of two squares.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, etherial said:

No sweat. You will note how many people noticed and how long it took me. Yesterday was a real bad day for a lot of folks.

And I even forgot to say thanks.  Thank you, etherial for picking up my slack.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, etherial said:

16 is a non-trivial product of two squares (22 * -22 if you require different numbers be squared). 9 is  1.52 * 22. 36 is the first non-trivial product of two different squares of whole numbers.

It's kind of like Lindbergh.

::D:

• Like 2

Aug 28th: I am probably the only person here who rather enjoys Mondays. Because for most of the year I've had that day off work and after getting my elf kicked during the weekend brunch shifts I spent most of them asleep. My days of horror tended to be the weekends.

Aug 29th: 36, but only chronologically, after dealing with younger coworkers for the last four years, I'm ready to grab a broom and the hose and start chasing those damn kids off my lawn.

• Like 5

In 60 days I will be 67 years old.  So older dirt than Doug.  And I feel older.  The last four days I dug and filled a trench two foot deep by ten foot long by one foot wide.  Doesn't sound like much, but it was next to my new driveway thru hard clay soil.  The rocks did not help.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Aug 28th: I am probably the only person here who rather enjoys Mondays. Because for most of the year I've had that day off work and after getting my elf kicked during the weekend brunch shifts I spent most of them asleep. My days of horror tended to be the weekends.

Aug 29th: 36, but only chronologically, after dealing with younger coworkers for the last four years, I'm ready to grab a broom and the hose and start chasing those damn kids off my lawn.

I enjoy Mondays from September through early June.  I am a stay-at-hoe dad, and so Monday is when I send the kids back to school.  It's not really a day off, but having a morning to myself is kind of nice. :)    (I do kind of dread Friday afternoons though. . .  )

Aug 29 - I hit 45 later this year, but that really just means that I enter another age bracket in races.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I usually prefer dodgy answers to this question.  In most situations, my actual age is irrelevant.  People seem to like to use age to categorize people.  ("Oh, he's ten years older than I am.  He's not going to understand me."  Or "Oh, he's ten years younger than I am.  I can immediately discount anything he says.")  And I'd rather people didn't immediately impose age-based assumptions on me.

On the other hand, I've been known to jokingly use "you know, back before we had fire" to describe the years of my childhood.  That can't help.

One of my old friends, who I've lost touch with (and this is entirely my fault), would say she is "older than the trees."  And while she's younger than I am, it's still a completely accurate statement.  (I have trees at my house younger than her and she doesn't explicitly state which trees.)  I may start using this one myself.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, etherial said:

August 28: What do you do when you have a case of the Mondays?

I don't have a whole lot of these but when I do, I fire up my hockey game and see how many hits I can get.

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

• Like 1