Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

50 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 30: A friend emails you a $100 Reaper gift certificate, how do you spend it?

I'm torn.

On one hand, I could use it for my normal September order.  On the other hand, I could use it for something special.

I haven't put together my shopping list for September yet.  Since my paint collection is lacking in teals/aquas and reddish purples right now, that's an obvious place to start.  Probably some of the newly released Bones 3 minis (for example, 77469 Brand Oathblood looks like a good candidate for skin tone tests and I could always use more orcs, even though it looks like I won't be playing a tabletop RPG anytime soon).

I'm not sure what special thing I would use it for.  Probably the Bones 3 Graveyard set and then wait to see what comes out on the store after ReaperCon.

• Like 6
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 30: A friend emails you a $100 Reaper gift certificate, how do you spend it?

I'm was having a problem getting by the idea that a friend would send me a gift certificate. I've pretty much lost contact with all my old friends & they were not the type to send gift certificates.

HOWEVER, I have never had a problem finding oh-so-cool minis & things that Reaper has to offer. I have a (actually I have several) little list(s) of things I'd LOVE to paint. Then there are bases for stuff I have plans for & brushes & I need more friends that have nothing better to do with their money.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

First I would attempt to engage in the barter system, and see if I could trade it with someone else for some big out of print Reaper metal dragons.

Failing that (or at least failing a reasonable offer) I'd work my way down some of the big pieces I'm missing.

03096: Barros & Tempest, Paladin on Pegasus ($39.99)  (need to replace the one I gave away)

03808: Jonas Kane, Undead Hunter ($24.99)

02457: Amber Dragon ($27.99)

14579: Handmaiden of Keskura, Icingstead ($5.99)  (it's actually not my favorite PK sculpt, but I just picked up the werefox form, so the human one seems handy.)

+ the requisite $1 handling fee

= $99.96 so I guess Reaper gets a $0.04 tip.

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

One (1) ReaperBryan figure, 1:1 scale.

How many Gift Certificates do you have to pool to accomplish that?

Sounds like a ReaperBuck auction, but with real money.  Do you have enough friends?

I bet there would be a bidding war...

As for my $100 gift certificate, I would sort the list of paints people had mentioned in a recent thread I did and buy as many of those as possible that I do not have.  Where I would put them?  No idea... different problem...

• Like 7
10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Cthulhu

Werewolf (that is currently sold out in the store...again)

The Black Mist

Nightslip

Maybe a dumpster or two

Various MSPs

• Like 6