Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

TaleSpinner

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 2: What mini do you most wish you had, that you have yet to acquire? (by LordJosh)

Honestly? Nothing that has been screaming at me, or that I have specifically been saving for, etc. Part of that is because there are just so many that I want that I don't really prioritize them all that much. That said, if I had to choose it would probably be Reznik Wrath of Ages by Privateer Press.

Other candidates though include: Ma'al Drakar, Khanjira, Lylyth 3 by PP. Mainly there are just a LOT of minis that I want, but also a lot of other hobbies/toys/fun stuff that I wish to spend money on too.  :(

• Like 6

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

August 2: What mini do you most wish you had, that you have yet to acquire? (by LordJosh)

I have a bunch of wish list items across various manufacturers, but nothing that I *have* to have. There are also a few OOP miniatures that I wish I had gotten when I could, although I can live without most of them.

One that I know I haven't bought because it is expensive, and I also know I will almost certainly never paint it is this:

6006_f1_p.jpg

• Like 7

I do hope that all is well with your boy. As some one who thinks the sun rises & sets in my children's eyes, you have my sympathy.  Don't let the possibility you have passed along a hereditary condition eat at you. You got it from someone you love as well. 

There have been a lot of minis that I would have loved to have painted over a lot of years. I didn't die without them surprisingly enough, Now I can't t remember precisely what they were or who made them. Senility can be a blessing at times.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Sorry about being late.  Been in the ER all morning with my son.  He's OK for now, but it looks like he may have inherited my arrhythmia. :unsure:  I'll post a question in a few minutes.

My best wishes to you and him.

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

There's a lot.

Any/all of the older GW 'Realms of Chaos' figures for a start...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

So I mention I have a moratorium on purchasing any minis and you ask me what mini do I most wish I had? :huh: 

:angry::angry::angry:

:down:

PS Hope you and your son are doing okay.  As everyone else already said, the most important thing is to look after you and your family.  We can all wait.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I had to think about this for a while.  I believe my answer is: Iron Wind Metals 20-5145 Wasp WSP-1A.  (Of course it's a BattleTech mini, right?)  This was only offered for sale for a few months before it was pulled for... reasons.  I didn't expect it to get pulled so I put off buying a couple for my projects that need Wasps.  Oh well.

According to my shopping list in Evernote, the two Reaper minis I want most that I have yet to acquire are Tinley, Female Wizard (03563) and Lonnia, Female Duelist (02981).  I may get both in my August order along with more of the HD and Bones paint.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Zink said:

Friend of mine had the box of Elfquest minis. Don't know where the elves went to but the snake monster (can't remember his name) is somewhere in my basement. Elfquest was one of the few comics I subscribed to for awhile. Never did read the end of it though. Got yelled at once at a comic store because I was trying to read the graphic novel version to learn what happened. The other comics I subscribed to back then were Savage Sword of Conan and Groo the Wanderer.

What mini do I wish I had? Tough question. There's a few things I'm interested in but they aren't high priority. I'm fairly sated as far as minis go right now. At one time I was hunting various GW dwarf minis. It's kind of surprising that I'm seeing minis I or one of my friends have on people's wish lists.

Madcoil is the name of the snake critter...

Julie Guthrie if I remember correctly...

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Bridge of Sorrows Diorama. 

I believe that Iron Wind Metal still sells this set....

As for the question, a lot of the Ral Partha aD&D 11- series that I don't have, as well as the BattleTech minis I am missing....

KnightyKnight, feel better soon!

• Like 5

I've been amazed with what one can find with some patience, so my wish list is getting pretty short. I want some more early Minifigs orcs from their "Mythical Earth" range, enough to round my unit up to a dozen, and there's a pose like this, but with a shield, that I don't have an example of (pay no attention to the human on the right):

IMG_1656.thumb.JPG.0478f9c65f51b7bcb762bd0d150299ab.JPG

• Like 7

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

This is more of a mini I wish I had but will never buy for various reasons, Elspeth Von Draken:-

Spoiler

99590202010_MAGISTRIXELSPETHVONDRAKEN1.j

Unfortunately, I don't like painting dragons and Forgeworlds resin is garbage tier, so I'll never own it no matter how cool I think it is.

• Like 7