SGHawkins09

Wizard of a Different Sort: Anirion Conversion

Woah! it's such a simple modification, yet SO awesome!! Great work already, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Star Wars music just came into my head. Thank you. 

Well I guess that means I nailed the Jedi look. :lol:

22 hours ago, Knochensack said:

First thing I thought: Why not make a Twi'lekk out of her?

Great conversion.

Thanks! Great idea, I can see sculpting lekku out of his hair but I think I will leave it as is.

1 hour ago, Silvervane said:

OK, this figure got much more interesting with this conversion.   Nice work can't wait to see the progress.

Yeah, it's not one of my favorites but was perfect for the conversion. 

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Woah! it's such a simple modification, yet SO awesome!! Great work already, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks! I am really excited to do this one and will be starting on the base soon. I have stalled on the painting as I have not decided if I want to attempt texture or stick with smooth blends.

• Like 1

No update on the painting but the base is built. I wanted to go with a clean space ship interior and I am pretty happy with it. Now I just need to finally break out my airbrush and get it painted.

IMG_3362.thumb.JPG.80040c9761470da0d8e830190c80bd25.JPG

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

That's a mighty good lookin' base! 

Thanks! It was fun putting it together. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do but it evolved as it went along. I had originally thought to put a window where the shield is but was worried it would distract from the mini too much. Luckily once I got the etched brass sheet out, everything fell into place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Thanks! It was fun putting it together. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do but it evolved as it went along. I had originally thought to put a window where the shield is but was worried it would distract from the mini too much. Luckily once I got the etched brass sheet out, everything fell into place.

That etched sheet looks good. 

I keep forgetting that I have a bunch of those...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I keep forgetting too. I backed both Etch-Master Kickstarters and I think this is the first time I have really used them. I replaced a sword once but I think that was it. 

• Like 1

So after much deliberation between smooth blends and attempting texture, I have reached a verdict. It was a difficult decision as while smooth blends are what I know, I wanted to add some interest to an otherwise boring brown. Since his cloak is all there really is, I felt it needed something more. I played with different ideas mainly bringing in different colors, which I still plan on doing, or freehand, which did not feel right. Well after blocking in some shading, I decided took a leap and made a decision: TEXTURE! And so it begins. It is really rough right now but I am really happy with the direction it is going and surprisingly my Army Painter Psycho brush is perfect for it. 

What do you'll think?

IMG_3394.thumb.JPG.0abaf85bcf00d03b111ef8c819db1277.JPG

• Like 15

On 8/13/2017 at 7:25 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

I keep finding stuff I've ordered recently from Reaper, that I thought I needed....

Love the conversion, the hood really makes a difference. Gonna be a great lookin piece when it's all said & done.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now