Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in a small Noble Knight Games order.

A Warzone Razide and 2 Keggs (Bugbears with axes).

I had the Razide in my Want List and got an email when they got one in, I checked to see if it was the one I wanted, it was.

It wasn't too outrageous so I bought it and threw the 2 Bugbears in.

• Like 7

Made it back from the Saskatoon Expo, as per tradition I got more badges to put on The ShirtTM:

20220501_153905.thumb.jpg.528c9ec4fd48c40d7e0da89a895ec371.jpg

Besides the smiley face, we have Deadpool cosplaying as Pikachu and Pikachu cosplaying as Thor (not the other way around, that's very important to note).

Found a place called Amazing Stories that's right down the alley from where my friend lives, got a good selection of paint:

20220502_005501.thumb.jpg.1abf019ed54bd250b53e003d4a29ada5.jpg

Wanted to try out the new speedpaints to see how they compare with GW contrast paints, will be experimenting with them to see how they work out. Another tool in the toolbox. Also, I got airbrush cleaner to use with a Q-tip for cleaning off layers of paint, in case of any errors that need to be erased.

• Like 11

My acquisitions are similar to @Pezler the Polychromatic's. My not-giant Market miniature place order came today. Speedpaint starter set. Looking forward to using these, as I hope they'll make my grey horde for my games start becoming a colorful horde. My players always ooo & ahhhh over the painted stuff.

Also arriving today was last bits of my big river order - earlier I got a bottle of Phrozen 4k Aqua-grey resin (Not really needed now, but nice to have when the other bottle runs out). Today was my Tamiya X7 red paint from a seller off Big A & some sculpting tools for like a couple bucks. They appear to be quality tools, I'll be using these to try & sculpt on flames on giant skeletons!

Finally, arriving today was my model car 4 cyl distributor & battery cables. I can continue with my Lotus Super 7 II club racer build!!

• Like 9

My Scale Color Warfront collection came in from Spain today...

Saved $80, even with the shipping due to the sale they were running...

Love Scale Color paints!

I have all their dropper bottle colors...

009.thumb.JPG.7eea600373cca38e0806415755eda696.JPG010.thumb.JPG.c6edf72d1dee3173e76df0ef1aea0b6a.JPG011.thumb.JPG.b601d3c79c84c903ab7066e89a10ec62.JPG

Their Metallics are the BEST!!!

The Drow.

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Popped into the FLGS today and spotted this:
20220504_IMG_2893.jpg.7925078924ec684218de94183e11c9cc.jpg

That gives me a 00, 01 and 02.  There are apparently kits for the 03, the 08 and the Mark.06 as well, but availability has been extremely random....

Shokunin Gunpla has the 3, seems most of my usual looking spots don't have the others though.  Kit supply has indeed been sporadic, due to a wide variety of factors, and those same factors have made it so Bandai actually stopped posting their release schedule. 

• Like 5

Stopped into the LGS tonight with the intent of just browsing for a few minutes before heading home.  So much for that plan...

Picked up some Army Painter magnets (for a planned table-terrain project) and the Mantic Starship Doors.

• Like 6

Picked up my package from Troll Lord Games today.  Received a new Player's Manual, Keeper's Guide, and Monster Manual - all with the new 1e AD&D inspired alternate artwork.  The books look awesome, and I've been dug into them all evening.  

The Egg

• Like 7

Yesterday I got two packages.

The first was a retail version of Heroquest I got on sale on Amazon. There's a lot I don't like about this remake but it still felt wrong to ultimately pass it up.

The other was a loose lot of random minis from ebay. A trio of tentacley aliens from a Zombicide expansion, some little skittering bugs, some dinosaurian lizardfolk and some orcs from the Myth board game, and two norsemen and some weird guy with a mace from an unknown game (the minis are slotted in a round base with a little protrusion with a hole to possibly peg in a flag or something if that helps someone figure their origin?)
I was a bit worried about the Myth pieces being a bit too cartoony-deformed, especially the orcs, for my otherwise normal mini collection... but thankfully they fit really well with any orc mini I already have that's inpsired by the "oldhammer" aesthetic.

MythOrcsScale.thumb.jpg.28a19ca8421139f875e383eeac13a20d.jpg

• Like 9

Birthday cash order! 

(PIPPD)

Various Reaper products & a couple Unpainted. Allot of repeata, but needed in various upcoming 5e games.

Also Chessex D6 16mm. The 7 dice set of the same color terrorizes my players on a weekly basis, figured why not the d6s as well.👹

Finally got a sticker with Izzy"s artwork on it, as a bonus item. Huzzah!

16518937969734909866073441183270.jpg

16518940443217234212526027060835.jpg

• Like 8