21 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I got my badger airbrush today, from their 56th birthday sale. Now I just need the rest of the stuff for it!

I'm still waiting on my last one. I'm actually a little worried that they haven't posted an update on the shipping status for almost 2 weeks now when they've previously been putting out what seemed like an update every week. Especially when they said that they planned to have everything shipped out by this Monday, but had also run into a couple parts shortages.

I'm not worried that I won't get my airbrush, but I'm anxious to get it. The other 2 are here already, and I want to test and practice with all 3 at the same time.

• Like 4

I got my second one earlier this week with no updates, just showed up in the mailbox. 

Like @redambrosia, I need all the other stuffs (and somewhere to airbrush) now.. lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

And when you say a friend was cleaning out his closet of shame, is this the same friend you told me about at Pennsic, who has a butt-ton of GW stuff that they've won over the years in tournaments which has been collecting dust for like a decade? Because that's the kind of closet of shame I'd love to have a free run at...

No.. I need to ask that friend if he still wants to give me those GW figs.. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2018 at 10:28 PM, SamuraiJack said:

A friend was cleaning out his closet of shame and asked me if I wanted the stuff.. i said sure..

Lots of classic Partha, some Tom Meier stuff, GW, Mantic I haven't identified it all yet

20180417_234325.thumb.jpg.7b1c93e5aa8c997556bbf037fdbf25f0.jpg

Lost of beautiful pieces, but that stag and other animals really caught my eye.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Rahz said:

I broke down and ordered another piece from BrokenToad.  

Love the weaponized flute and his little rat friends on his shoulders.  1183-thickbox_default.jpg

My first thought on this mini was that would be cool for a flute player I know.  My second thought was 'what exactly is he doing to that flute?'  He's definitely not playing it with that position, it honestly looks like he's trying to eat it...

which is too bad because otherwise the piece is stunning, unique and really special.  I also love the weaponized flute

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

My first thought on this mini was that would be cool for a flute player I know.  My second thought was 'what exactly is he doing to that flute?'  He's definitely not playing it with that position, it honestly looks like he's trying to eat it...

which is too bad because otherwise the piece is stunning, unique and really special.  I also love the weaponized flute

Perhaps it's a reverse-offset left-handed flute!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I agree. I play the flute and have an obsession with rats so I kinda had to pick this up, but the sculptor I obviously has no clue...  I spent a few minutes looking at his hands trying to figure out what he was supposed to do, and... not much?! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rahz said:

I agree. I play the flute and have an obsession with rats so I kinda had to pick this up, but the sculptor I obviously has no clue...  I spent a few minutes looking at his hands trying to figure out what he was supposed to do, and... not much?! ;)

I play the flute too, and it is super obvious if a sculptor actually researched flute playing or not before sculpting a flutist...

• Like 2

Additional Acquisitions Report

I won "Honu."  A resin miniature from Kaha Miniatures, in Paris, France.

The reminds me of Spike from TMNT in the more recent cartoon.

image.png.cfc7b511ee0bf0c0a3599940c1555fc1.png 

image.png.dc4c507686ee07570e7a80de565993a7.png  This is Kaha's assembled shot from the giveaway.

The package came unscathed and they included their promotional card:

image.thumb.png.7e71f981aa0d44ea275a77a0557be152.png

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 13