Jump to content


Recommended Posts

I picked up a couple more gaming things, though I don't remember if I've posted them.

 

For the 5E game:

 

Spoiler

91pTxL1fV7L._SY450_.jpg.211312a8e107c15b4504ad0382f7d9b7.jpg

 

And it turns out there was one more 4E hardback adventure I'd forgotten about.  It is a sequel to the 2E "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" and not a remake.  I'll have to read it and see if they managed to come up with any interesting traps and puzzles.

 

 

Spoiler

153646.thumb.jpg.bb638e8dea54d343d490d3e60ea04650.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Auberon said:

And it turns out there was one more 4E hardback adventure I'd forgotten about.  It is a sequel to the 2E "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" and not a remake.  I'll have to read it and see if they managed to come up with any interesting traps and puzzles.

 

 

  Hide contents

153646.thumb.jpg.bb638e8dea54d343d490d3e60ea04650.jpg

 

Wait, so it’s a third Tomb of Horrors adventure? Do I need this to place next to my S1 and Return to ToH box set?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

 

Wait, so it’s a third Tomb of Horrors adventure? Do I need this to place next to my S1 and Return to ToH box set?

 

If you are a completionist then I suppose you need it.  Otherwise you'll never know what happened after the Fortress of Conclusion.

 

Edit: I suppose I should mention that there were actually two 4E Tomb of Horrors.  One is the above book.  The second was a RPGA release that is just a rules conversion (or so I'm told).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auberon said:

 

If you are a completionist then I suppose you need it.  Otherwise you'll never know what happened after the Fortress of Conclusion.

 

Edit: I suppose I should mention that there were actually two 4E Tomb of Horrors.  One is the above book.  The second was a RPGA release that is just a rules conversion (or so I'm told).

 

And now I must know! :mellow:

 

I do remember the rules conversion one. As I recall, it was a pale imitation, but that’s why I have the original.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acquired today:  sandpaper and abrasives!  Finally got to spring cleaning on the garage and this time made a big enough dent to expose my belt/disk sander as well as both my workbenches and my main table saw.  So I celebrated by bringing in new belts and other abrasive tools to start some bigger woodworking projects.  It's been a long time since in had the space to even consider a nightstand, much less a coffee table.

 

And I couldn't resist a box of end rolls and hook and loop sandpaper. Klingspor has some great prices if you can use different widths and lengths

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Got the kayak, but a rigid hull instead of inflatable.  I feel like I should have taken today off.

You should have!

I miss mine.  I go  out to the garage and talk to her often.  I'm so ready to get her back on the water.

Rotator cuff surgery rehab takes sooo long

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

You should have!

I miss mine.  I go  out to the garage and talk to her often.  I'm so ready to get her back on the water.

Rotator cuff surgery rehab takes sooo long

 

I would have, but the company is getting cranky about taking short notice vacation time and I like having paychecks. Stupid adulting. :(

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss heading out in my kayak, too. 

(A little Pyranha Mystique. Besides the elastic ropes holding the seat back there's nothing wrong with it, really. Unfortunately, though, the ideal weight of the use is no more than 80Kg, and a total load limit of 110Kg. I alone weigh more than that. Add rescue gear and doodads, and it'll barely stay afloat... ) 

 

Today I received the Scale75 Metal & Alchemy Copper set, a Rosemary & Co series 98 #0 brush(it has a triangular profile on the shaft, like those Citadel brushes have)  and a boxfull of minis from Red Box Games. 

Probably a Kickstarter...   

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I miss heading out in my kayak, too. 

(A little Pyranha Mystique. Besides the elastic ropes holding the seat back there's nothing wrong with it, really. Unfortunately, though, the ideal weight of the use is no more than 80Kg, and a total load limit of 110Kg. I alone weigh more than that. Add rescue gear and doodads, and it'll barely stay afloat... ) 

 

Today I received the Scale75 Metal & Alchemy Copper set, a Rosemary & Co series 98 #0 brush(it has a triangular profile on the shaft, like those Citadel brushes have)  and a boxfull of minis from Red Box Games. 

Probably a Kickstarter...   

 

Its been forever since I have been Kayaking.  Had a lot of fun, then got sick and never recovered enough to manage a roll.  Sigh, the curse of growing older.

 

I like my Rosemary 98s.  they stay where you put them and they are comfortable to hold.  I find the points can be hit or miss though some of them become very small chisel tips for me very quickly, not sure why.

 

Got a package today that my wife bought for me!  I had said I was running low on loaner dice and she found a sale and inundated me.  5 pound box of dice from various sources is now mine to distribute :winkthumbs:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of sheer curiosity, where can one get five pounds of dice? O_o

 

I know there's the chessex pound of dice, but a five pound box from various sources sounds awesome... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
Oddball autocorrect. It's now fixed.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Its been forever since I have been Kayaking.  Had a lot of fun, then got sick and never recovered enough to manage a roll.  Sigh, the curse of growing older.

 

I like my Rosemary 98s.  they stay where you put them and they are comfortable to hold.  I find the points can be hit or miss though some of them become very small chisel tips for me very quickly, not sure why.

 

Got a package today that my wife bought for me!  I had said I was running low on loaner dice and she found a sale and inundated me.  5 pound box of dice from various sources is now mine to distribute :winkthumbs:

 

You don't need to be able to do a roll in order to paddle a kayak. 

(unless you're an eskimo, of course... )

It's impossible to do that maneuver in those silly 'sit on top kayaks' (which I don't consider a kayak at all) and even in many more traditional kayaks. My Pyranha Mystique is one example. Just about all 'large opening' fishing/hunting kayaks, and so on.

 

Also, I've capsized in the middle of a Fjord... 

But I have a lanyard on the oar, so it doesn't drift away, an inflatable bag to mount on the oar so that it can be used as an outrigger, and a 30L/minute pump to empty the kayak with... And lots of practice...  even deliberately. 

(I spent a whole day in a small cove, practising when I first got my kayak)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Acquired today:  sandpaper and abrasives!  Finally got to spring cleaning on the garage and this time made a big enough dent to expose my belt/disk sander as well as both my workbenches and my main table saw.  So I celebrated by bringing in new belts and other abrasive tools to start some bigger woodworking projects.  It's been a long time since in had the space to even consider a nightstand, much less a coffee table.

 

And I couldn't resist a box of end rolls and hook and loop sandpaper. Klingspor has some great prices if you can use different widths and lengths

 

This might be my biggest hurdle in getting back to mini work. My work table is covered in so many projects it may be interfering with me wanting to actually paint. Hoping to remedy that this weekend....hopefully!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Out of sheer curiosity, where can one get five pounds of dice? O_o

 

I know there's the chessex pound of dice, but a five pound box from various sources sounds awesome... 

I am positive that I may have seen some on the EeveeBay.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×