10 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

They haven't released the bones mini I want but don't have yet.  I want my plastic t'raukzul!

Sooooo glad I snagged that one during the KS. Not for the wait time but for the KS pricing! Eventually I'll get it around to it.

Ordered: Prepainted minis for ReaperCon

D&D

Quickling x 2

Invisible moon elf ranger (will become a shadow)

invisible half-orc barbarian (will become a shadow)

Sprite with bow x 4

Githzerai Monk (Daggers)

Vampie Spawn (not exactly sure on this one, I may end up using a Reaper metal one)

Nilbog (No reason other then NILBOG!!)

Pathfinder

Tsadok Goldtooth (half-orc pirate)

halfling rogue (the one with the straw hat. Hoping this one is the back up as the one I really want comes out in August)

Lem, halfling bard, Shattered Star version (will be the brother to the rogue above)

Faun (,backup just in case)

Pixie x 4 

Murder Vine, aka Assassin Vine (YEAH FINALLY got the last We Be Goblin 3 critter I needed!!)

Reaper:

Placed a order for the following Warlord mini off ebay

Gadrun, Necropolis Sergeant #14171 (Waiting on the Unpainted skeletal knight on horse thou. Hoping the rider is not attached or is easily shaved off.)

Also just got back from my sports card shop & placed my Wizkids Unpainted order for the months of May & August. Also ended up ordering the Wizkids spell effects prepainted minis for the month of July. Also if it goes through, I placed a order for Army Painter Bone Primer spray. He's not a game store, but he can get it through his distributor. If he can, that'll help with supplies. No outrageous shipping charge + he always gives me a 20% discount on items I order.

• Like 4

Our town has a small toy store that is closing its doors.  (Only temporarily - they are looking for a new location, and planning on reopening in early fall.)  In the meantime, they are clearing out their inventory, rather than put it in storage.  So, I took advantage of their sale and picked up three board games:

Ghosts Love Candy

VivaJave

Fire & Axe

I also picked up the Skitarii half of Forgebane yesterday.  I really should be painting minis, not buying new ones. . .

• Like 7

On 5/1/2018 at 9:20 PM, Auberon said:

I placed my first Reaper order of the year this evening.  Yes, I have been behaving myself with hobby purchases.

09705: Cool Greens $10.99 x1  - I have a jade paint I like the shade of, but it is very translucent and quite glossy.  Hopefully Reaper's is better behaved.
25101: Warlord Second Edition $19.95 x1 - I haven't read a skirmish game in awhile, and some of you seem to like this one.  I like metal minis so I may build a faction.
08702: Master Series Squeeze Bottles (3) $2.99 x1 - Mixing paint on the pallet for large figures gets old.  I may as well give myself the option to mix a large amount for a large surface.
09107: Brush-on Sealer $3.69 x1 - Running low.
87192: Kaladrax - Pre-Production Castings $39.99 x1 - Not saying I'll do one of the challenges but I'll have it available.
14220: Vysa, Darkspawn Sergeant $4.99 x1 - I was just short of $80.  I doubt I go darkspawn as I don't care for some of the sculpts, but I already had a few.

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Cairn Wraith - Yay, free minis.

And arrived yesterday.

• Looking though the bottle, this jade does not appear to be same shade.   Not that there's anything wrong with that as jade is not one color, but I won't be able to match what I've already painted right out the bottle.
  • Sad that it is softcover and B&W.  Some of the pics with painted minis don't make the transition well, but the rules look quite playable.  I may go ahead and pickup the other book next month.  As expected I can find enough minis I would like to paint that I could make small units for every faction, but to get to 1000pts there are some armies that I just wouldn't be interested in painting.
  • That Kaladrax has some mold lines.  While the detail on the dragon isn't that bad, the base isn't very crisp in several areas.  Pretty obvious the scale is off.
  • Like 2

Is Reaper having a slow period right now? I made an order on the 2nd, and it got postage on the 3rd. The tracking says that it hasn't been picked up though. Usually it would have been out the door and on the way right after getting postage. 

I think my purchases for the year ultimately will prove to have peaked right here today:

28CBEC74-E9B5-4A7E-8134-27E900605226.thumb.jpeg.1a3cd8320e8757153049425ea1d0c1df.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

I think my purchases for the year ultimately will prove to have peaked right here today:

28CBEC74-E9B5-4A7E-8134-27E900605226.thumb.jpeg.1a3cd8320e8757153049425ea1d0c1df.jpeg

wow....

I remember those!

Klunk, Silly Dastardly and Muttley....

• Like 1

Thanks to the announcement that all the metal Guild Ball teams are going to be phased out and replaced with direct order only resin versions, I panic brought 'The Master of Puppets' Morticians Set (luckily, I already had their other set as it's already marked as discontinued where I buy them from).

I also ordered Seenah and Chaska as they seem to perpetually out of stock on the makers webstore, so I suspect they've already been stealth discontinued like their other individual minis.

And I also picked a Limited Edition Pride, so I don't need to buy a whole boxset for the one new mini it contains.

Now to try and stay one step ahead of the discontinuations, and hope the store I use doesn't get fed up and drop the range altogether.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just received my Kobold Press Bestiary KS minis

1 of everything + a few add-ons.

1 Abominable Beauty

1 Ala

1 Bagiennik

1 Bear King

1 Bearfolk

1 Blemmyes

1 Deep One Hybrid Priest

1 Derro Fetal Savant

1 Dragonkin Elementalist

1 Dust Goblin

1 Eye Golem

1 Far Darrig

1 Fext

1 Flab Giant

1 Gilded Devil

1 Goblin of the Waste

1 Grim Jester

1 Imperial Ghoul

1 Imy-Ut Ushabti

1 Kikimora

1 Kobold Alchemist

1 Kobold Chieftan

1 Kobold Shaman

1 Lord of the Hunt

1 Malphas

1 Moonlit King

1 Queen of Night and Magic

1 Queen of Witches

1 Ratfolk Rogue

1 River King

1 Sea Raven

1 Shadow Fey Enchantress

1 Snow Queen

1 Tosculi Warrior

ADD-ON ITEMS

18 Pack - Everything not on the Kickstarter

17 Pack - Fey Lords & Ladies

I really need to get off my broccoli & paint or I'll never catch up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

wow....

I remember those!

Klunk, Silly Dastardly and Muttley....

Lol yeah. It's actually way before my time, but back in the 80s somebody put out single episodes of the show on VHS, and we had one of those tapes. My brother and I must've watched that one episode 300 times.

I think we're gonna hang out and watch some with his stepdaughter one day, so the fun shall continue. ^_^

• Like 7

Several pages back I mentioned that I went to a dollar General and purchased five (5) plastic

compartmentalized trays for mini stuff.  Someone mentioned that their store NO LONGER stocked them,

and that they were discontinued.  I was at TSC (Tractor Supply Company) you can find them online.

They had FIVE (5) large plastic compartmentalized cases for under $20.00.  They are 14" X 9"X2".  The compartment

sizes can be modified by moving the individual compartment dividers.  They are perfect for my mini storage problems.

Since they are clear plastic I can see what is inside at a glace.  You might check to see if they have one in your area.

I'm in Southern NJ where the chickens and horses outnumber the people. Its called a FLAMBEAU TUFF TAINER.

Seems the dividers emit an odor that protects metals (?). The website show all sorts of different models with configuartions, if you search for FLAMBEAU TUFF TAINER.

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
Removed a double content post ?
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Lol yeah. It's actually way before my time, but back in the 80s somebody put out single episodes of the show on VHS, and we had one of those tapes. My brother and I must've watched that one episode 300 times.

I think we're gonna hang out and watch some with his stepdaughter one day, so the fun shall continue. ^_^

I watched them on Saturdays way back when....

I'm old....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Just received my Kobold Press Bestiary KS minis

1 of everything + a few add-ons.

1 Abominable Beauty

1 Ala

1 Bagiennik

1 Bear King

1 Bearfolk

1 Blemmyes

1 Deep One Hybrid Priest

1 Derro Fetal Savant

1 Dragonkin Elementalist

1 Dust Goblin

1 Eye Golem

1 Far Darrig

1 Fext

1 Flab Giant

1 Gilded Devil

1 Goblin of the Waste

1 Grim Jester

1 Imperial Ghoul

1 Imy-Ut Ushabti

1 Kikimora

1 Kobold Alchemist

1 Kobold Chieftan

1 Kobold Shaman

1 Lord of the Hunt

1 Malphas

1 Moonlit King

1 Queen of Night and Magic

1 Queen of Witches

1 Ratfolk Rogue

1 River King

1 Sea Raven

1 Shadow Fey Enchantress

1 Snow Queen

1 Tosculi Warrior

ADD-ON ITEMS

18 Pack - Everything not on the Kickstarter

17 Pack - Fey Lords & Ladies

I really need to get off my broccoli & paint or I'll never catch up.

How is the Flab Giant?  I was thinking about adding him to the Giant collection.

Ah ha ha ha hah ha!

So I hit the FLGS, everything 25% off for Free Comic Day. I went hunting some comics I'd kinda like to try but I luck, couldn't find much at all honestly, so I decided I'd pick up a PF flipmat and that Battles prepainted astradaemon.

But they'd sold the astradaemon.

But they had a fresh brick of the prepaints.

So against my better judgment I decided to be a real broccoli and take another wild swing at the couple of figures I really liked from it--the astradaemon and dwarf explorer.

First box I opened:

2D799B07-AB14-4308-8C6B-217769E5EBC8.thumb.jpeg.2a980db41135ca20b1b7cc79f6a4c66d.jpeg

D47C0269-C761-45E8-AE4D-B1B9659F3629.thumb.jpeg.363d96c641931ef26bdd30df7a1498e7.jpeg

Second:

6D895049-0172-4E47-96E1-0E001CC3EF87.thumb.jpeg.285d50722423b824ec3961ecc91bcb6a.jpeg

Almost feel justified lol.

Trying to decide if I want to try to strip the paint on the dwarf. I probably wouldn't do much better, but still.

• Like 8

Just now, Marvin said:

Ah ha ha ha hah ha!

So I hit the FLGS, everything 25% off for Free Comic Day. I went hunting some comics I'd kinda like to try but I luck, couldn't find much at all honestly, so I decided I'd pick up a PF flipmat and that Battles prepainted astradaemon.

But they'd sold the astradaemon.

But they had a fresh brick of the prepaints.

So against my better judgment I decided to be a real broccoli and take another wild swing at the couple of figures I really liked from it--the astradaemon and dwarf explorer.

First box I opened:

2D799B07-AB14-4308-8C6B-217769E5EBC8.thumb.jpeg.2a980db41135ca20b1b7cc79f6a4c66d.jpeg

D47C0269-C761-45E8-AE4D-B1B9659F3629.thumb.jpeg.363d96c641931ef26bdd30df7a1498e7.jpeg

Second:

6D895049-0172-4E47-96E1-0E001CC3EF87.thumb.jpeg.285d50722423b824ec3961ecc91bcb6a.jpeg

Almost feel justified lol.

Trying to decide if I want to try to strip the paint on the dwarf. I probably wouldn't do much better, but still.

That's crazy good luck!

I don't have any in hand yet, but the "adventurer" types in that set seem to have really gone downhill in the paint apps.  It's almost as bad as the first Mage Knight set's "sunny side up egg" eyes.

• Like 1

Yeah, the eyes are really bad. Raccoon-like black circles with white centers pretty much lol.

They're mostly okay for table fodder at best, overall. Nothing that stacks up with Reaper or the like, but is what it is. Some neat figures though. Some serpentfolk, which I like, because my selection has been low elsewhere, and some pretty cool vines, of all things. A few cool character figs.

I did get super lucky with this batch. Last box yielded this shambling fellow I didn't even know was around:

361EA702-844D-418C-8454-2C975B2E8948.thumb.jpeg.7b27c0fe4fbfbd61319940c25038ba22.jpeg

• Like 5