My Dick Blick order arrived early!  One W&N Series 7 brush, one Raphael 8404 brush, some Escoda brush soap and a ceramic welled palette.  Probably didn't need the soap exactly, but it helped me get free shipping and the reviews were good.  I'm curious to see if it really is as extra conditioning as it claims.  

• Like 10

I finally got my Reapercon 2018 Swag Bag :bday: I even got the correct paints!

I also took a trip to the local fabric shop and found out that they now sell bolts of Harris Tweed in many, many colours. This may prove to be an expensive discovery :blink:

• Like 10

Debating Barbarian Dude - Definitive Edition since I have the original..  I know @Kharsin and @knarthex seemed like they were previously looking for copies.. This is an official unlimited reissue from Klukva who bought the master from raining frogs.. consider yourselves enabled..

823024078.thumb.jpg.753b707d1c3e0d109503caf43ffa7b0f.jpg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Debating Barbarian Dude - Definitive Edition since I have the original..  I know @Kharsin and @knarthex seemed like they were previously looking for copies.. This is an official unlimited reissue from Klukva who bought the master from raining frogs.. consider yourselves enabled..

Between the enablement and the barbarian miniature...

... it makes me wonder what @ub3r_n3rd has been up to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

After some shipping issues, my S75 Heroes of the Fallen Frontier stuff arrived. 1 bust of Dianne Tianseen, and the KS bonuses. 35mm figures of Ishann Operator, Krull Baal, Despair, and Dianne. Includes art cards and a great bottle opener. All great but the whip holding arm of the 35mm Dianne is miscast. The bust casting is fantastic. Didn't get a plinth add-on, maybe should have. Meh, I can get a rod and a base easy enough later. Or a rock as a plinth. 

Weird bit... they added in a 5th 35mm figure. It is mostly their Bianca character, but the arms are different. She isn't holding swords. One arm holds a helmet and the other has what seems to be a thread or miscast sword - I should convert a sword in there. I can't find what she is, but it seems closest as an alternate Bianca because the chest and legs and head definitely are her. The arm pieces easily fit though so this was deliberate. 

20180926_205816.jpg

20180926_205754.jpg

20180926_205749.jpg

• Like 10

I acquired a Chromebook. It is... much bigger than I thought :blink: Thing has a 15 inch screen! The last $200 laptop I bought was a 9 inch netbook.

I wanted something I could write on and take to various games/cons/places/coffee shops. I get to test it out Saturday as we're going to play Pathfinder at Not My Apartment and I need my Pile O PDFs.

• Like 13

My last $200 (well, closer to $250) was a 2-in-1 with detatchable 12" screen. 

The keyboard could have been a bit better, but it works OK, the battery lasts ages.  

But not much beats the Gemini from Planet Computers when it comes to portable writing. 

We have acquired a new mattress. About elfing time; the old one had .. unsprung itself in bad places.

While I'm less than amused with the delivery crew (half an hour's warning turned into … five minutes? more like three or four), and they weren't actually sure if they were supposed to take the entire old set … they did leave us the heavy Roll O' Mattress, and take the old stuff.

that roll… it really doesn't look like it will turn into an entire full-size mattress, but lemme tell you, that stuff /can be squashed/. I had some warning, and I was still a little surprised at how it exploded when released from the confines of its plastic prison.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

We have acquired a new mattress. About elfing time; the old one had .. unsprung itself in bad places.

While I'm less than amused with the delivery crew (half an hour's warning turned into … five minutes? more like three or four), and they weren't actually sure if they were supposed to take the entire old set … they did leave us the heavy Roll O' Mattress, and take the old stuff.

that roll… it really doesn't look like it will turn into an entire full-size mattress, but lemme tell you, that stuff /can be squashed/. I had some warning, and I was still a little surprised at how it exploded when released from the confines of its plastic prison.

It's pretty impressive, isn't it? I was skeptical as well, even though I had just gotten two very fluffy pillows that started out as pancakes. I hope you like your new mattress ^_^

• Like 6

Reaper order arrived today! :bday:

Included in this order:

IMG-20180927-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.ad44af0b566cd687f443c3075dfdf307.jpeg

A seasonal project for October.

And...

20180927_114148.thumb.jpg.d5e49b959ede044d5a22efa570b8f40b.jpg

A sample bottle of metallic orange, which is going to be on EVERYTHING! :wub:

* Dreams of pumpkin golems/is sad there aren't pumpkin golems*

EDIT: I am the happiest boy in Reaperville!! Turns out, there is a Pumpkin Golem!! :ph34r:*Adds to cart*

Edited by EldritchEladrin
Doing research made my dreams come true!
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Ah boo, I should have put an order in, seems a lot of people got that metallic orange sample.  So hope it becomes a regular one! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I acquired a Chromebook. It is... much bigger than I thought :blink: Thing has a 15 inch screen! The last $200 laptop I bought was a 9 inch netbook.

I wanted something I could write on and take to various games/cons/places/coffee shops. I get to test it out Saturday as we're going to play Pathfinder at Not My Apartment and I need my Pile O PDFs.

I take my HP Chromebook (mine has a 14 inch screen) to my weekly D&D AL game. Since I have D&D Beyond + the store has free wi-fi, it's the perfect DM'ss companion! 

I took all of Pathfinder pdfs & put them on a microSD card & insert into the 'book. Works great. Beats hauling a Sheepload of books around.

Enjoy the purchase!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EldritchEladrin said:

Reaper order arrived today! :bday:

Included in this order:

IMG-20180927-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.ad44af0b566cd687f443c3075dfdf307.jpeg

A seasonal project for October.

And...

20180927_114148.thumb.jpg.d5e49b959ede044d5a22efa570b8f40b.jpg

A sample bottle of metallic orange, which is going to be on EVERYTHING! :wub:

* Dreams of pumpkin golems/is sad there aren't pumpkin golems*

EDIT: I am the happiest boy in Reaperville!! Turns out, there is a Pumpkin Golem!! :ph34r:*Adds to cart*

There are several Pumpkin golems. In addition to rot patch, there's a set of three little Pumpkin guys, a large snowman shaped pumpkin man, Freddy the Pumpkin man, a set of three pumpkin headed guys, and the Halloween knight. 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/halloween/sku-down/01449

Theres also this girl:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/halloween/sku-down/01450

They have so many neat Halloween minis :wub:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

There are several Pumpkin golems. In addition to rot patch, there's a set of three little Pumpkin guys, a large snowman shaped pumpkin man, Freddy the Pumpkin man, a set of three pumpkin headed guys, and the Halloween knight. 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/halloween/sku-down/01449

Theres also this girl:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/halloween/sku-down/01450

They have so many neat Halloween minis :wub:

Just don't forget to search "pumpkin" in addition to "Halloween".  You'll get the Bonesylvanian, a Werner Klock(enbooty) witch, a Sophie, and more!

Oh, the possibilities for the Halloween Knight in orange shiny with a white pumpkin head...

• Like 4

On 9/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, SamuraiJack said:

Yea, so, since I just got paid and had a bunch of overtime on the check, I may have ordered the 3-set...

I didn't realize that the Euro had fallen as much as it did. Last time I bought stuff the exchange rate was still around $1.4:1€, and now it's more like 1.15:1. Much more favorable. And I may just have to go back to that shop in the future for some more unlicensed awesomeness. 2 Doom Guys, a Hellboy bust, AND a Guts? Yea. I think I'm gonna be sending them some more money sometime in the future.

• Like 4