1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

One of the best miniatures books I own. Great purchase.

I am really looking forward to reading it. Have seen it recommended almost every time diorama building is discussed so I decided it was time to get a copy.

• Like 3

B6194ED3-4983-4291-A497-9FA1FD6B40C3.thumb.jpeg.d8b8be739060f8acb8e42c5489c54543.jpeg

So, I am supposed to be downsizing before a move...

Our club hosted a miniconvention on Friday and Saturday, and I moved a bunch of stuff out in the flea market. Commerce is never quite unilateral, though, and I ended up with a few things: a vintage Avalon Hill railroad game, some version of the Avalon Hill edition of RuneQuest 3, some Pegasus walls, a couple of baggies of vintage Airfix Robin Hood and Sheriff of Nottingham figures, some new Red Box Irish (in trade for some of my flea market stuff) and a book on the Russian Revolution and subsequent civil wars. The figures are all intended as part of the 1/72 scale portable fantasy campaign. 

Flea markets at local conventions often have some unusual stuff...

• Like 9

On 9/28/2018 at 7:55 PM, pcktlnt said:

I know what store you ordered from.::D: was eyeing a few things, but never pulled the trigger.

They have some of the B-Sieged extras on sale as well so I tried the game out yesterday.  It took me a few tries before I won one.  I think the game is OK; it's not bad but it's also not as fun as say Village Attacks, so I don't believe I'll make another order to get them. 

Zombie 15' is next on the to-play list so I checked out the web and noticed that iello hasn't run a KS in 4 years.  As such I downloaded all of the extras for the game just in case it would disappear.

• Like 2

Sir Cyr and I got bicycles. I got a used bike, $70 for the bike (was on a 50% off sale), and ~$100 for the basic accessories. He got a moderate new bike, and is going to start biking to work. I think I need to get used to biking in general first - that, and it is uphill to campus, ack! But I could put the bike on the bus going there, and ride back. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Sir Cyr and I got bicycles

You need to cycle, or at least walk, the sea wall around Stanley Park.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

You need to cycle, or at least walk, the sea wall around Stanley Park.

We walked a bunch of the southern part of the park at one point. I saw the fireworks sitting on the wall, just north of the beach area, at West End. Should be fun seeing the rest of the park. Sir Cyr gets to bike along the beach to work though; kinda nice commute compared to his previous hour drive to work and hour back, when we were in CO. 

• Like 4

Have you considered an electric bicycle?

They're bl**dy effective at uphills.   

As long as it has a rear wheel or crank placement of the motor, that is. front wheel mounts are broccolied from the start. 

(I converted my bicycle with a rear wheel kit a few years ago, and it changed my average 'long haul' speed from 12Km/h to over 20Km/h because I didn't lose all my speed every time I hit an uphill. And to be honest, there seems to be more uphill than downhill here in Norway... )

• Like 5

I have THE PAINT!

Yup, got a Metallic Orange sample paint bottle in the mail today. It's GORGEOUS!

I also got the 2018 RCON paints that should have been in my Swag bag(it came with the 2017 paints, which I already have).

Picked up a new 2Kg powder-based fire extinguisher to keep in my car. 

I may have had a slight accident last night. Got an 'low oil' warning lamp, and stopped to add a bit more. And because it was windy, raining and cold, I was in a bit of a hurry, so spilled some oil onto the exhaust anifold. Then I was no longer cold... No damage to the car since there's nothing near the manifold that could be damaged. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Have you considered an electric bicycle?

They're bl**dy effective at uphills.   

As long as it has a rear wheel or crank placement of the motor, that is. front wheel mounts are broccolied from the start. 

(I converted my bicycle with a rear wheel kit a few years ago, and it changed my average 'long haul' speed from 12Km/h to over 20Km/h because I didn't lose all my speed every time I hit an uphill. And to be honest, there seems to be more uphill than downhill here in Norway... )

That costs a lot more than a $70 bike is worth :poke:

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 3

On 9/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, Auberon said:

They have some of the B-Sieged extras on sale as well so I tried the game out yesterday.  It took me a few tries before I won one.  I think the game is OK; it's not bad but it's also not as fun as say Village Attacks, so I don't believe I'll make another order to get them. 

Zombie 15' is next on the to-play list so I checked out the web and noticed that iello hasn't run a KS in 4 years.  As such I downloaded all of the extras for the game just in case it would disappear.

Yea. I dont think b siege was a hit. Downtown is fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Here's hoping some of that metallic orange will still be available in a few days... 

Well, I know that it was available when I put in my order on Thursday, because lo! I got metallic orange paint! Woohoo! 

Anyway, I did an order on Thursday last week in the hopes of get said sparkly orange paint. Along with the paint I got:

03909 toruk hellborn barbarian

03913 cailleach deargh river widow

07015 jalarak leadbarrals dwarven brewmaster

14474 maralith

I've been meaning to get that maralith for a while now, and figured, what the heck, might as well!

• Like 3

So I found this guy at Walmart...image.jpeg.fc8464533623caedf85232115ddbd922.jpeg

Poor little wyvern being sold as a pet dragon in the Halloween section. Seen here being welcomed to the household by Sir Forscale.

• Like 10