2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Feeling stupid time cause I think I missed something but I don’t understand what these “pucks” actually do.

Never even heard of them before.

They look like an agitator. Rub your brushes against the nubs to get paint off... I have to say, I want to try them!

ETA: if you go to their website (paintpuckproduct dot com), there's a pretty good review video.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My Ghoulie bag order is firmly lodged at Reaper...

09974: MSP Bones: Monster Colors Set $31.23 x1
09975: MSP Bones: Dungeon Colors Set $31.23 x1
14469: Fairy $8.51 x1
14543: Majeda, Battle Nun $8.51 x1
14577: Gnoll Raider, Krgir $9.93 x1
14609: Darkshade Raider $8.51 x1
02411: Sister Catherine $7.09 x1

Your order has received 2x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag!

Those are AU$, not US$, because of Free Worldwide shipping. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

They look like an agitator. Rub your brushes against the nubs to get paint off... I have to say, I want to try them!

ETA: if you go to their website (paintpuckproduct dot com), there's a pretty good review video.

Thanks Redambrosia.

Have to admit I don’t see the need for these. I’ve always just used a finger as an agitator and I’ve got to believe that’s gentler on the bristles than rubbing them against a piece of rubber.

YMMV

• Like 3

I've acquired a newly repaired TV and a regiment of Mantic Dwarf Shieldbreakers.

I've also acquired some preemptive envy for whoever hits the current Mega Millions jackpot, because it's sitting at $900 million, with a $513 million cash option. Unless that person who hits the jackpot is me, and then you can all envy me. I'll share the wealth by financing a run of the old Rose triad...

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

I've acquired a newly repaired TV and a regiment of Mantic Dwarf Shieldbreakers.

I've also acquired some preemptive envy for whoever hits the current Mega Millions jackpot, because it's sitting at $900 million, with a $513 million cash option. Unless that person who hits the jackpot is me, and then you can all envy me. I'll share the wealth by financing a run of the old Rose triad...

Heh, I've always said if I ever hit one of those big jackpots like MM is at, I'd get everyone a free mini on the forum. I think I'd finance the final figures for Caeke & Justice (the dragon & it's minions) just to see the entire line get released. Possibly the Kobold King or black dragon in the Pathfinder line as well.

• Like 7

Soon to acquire a portion of the aforementioned prize pool.  I say portion because I am not greedy and do not mind sharing with another one or 2 people. When i win there will be a big party and my Reaper family is invited! :)

Oh did I mention the new computer I had to buy last week?  I don't remember.  Video card acted weird so I bought a new one. That night as I was installing and updating drivers for it...the entire machine shutdown and would not come on so I ran out to Best Buy and picked up the same iBuyPower machine my wife got a couple months ago.  I have only been playing Minecraft on it but got those settings cranked up now and it runs great.  I need to try playing something else and see how it runs.

Edited by hungerfan
OH I did mention it last week. Wow...been a long week...or maybe I am just getting old and forget stuff easily.
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Feeling stupid time cause I think I missed something but I don’t understand what these “pucks” actually do.

Never even heard of them before.

@redambrosia got it right. You use them to rub your brush on, supposedly removes more paint from the brush and is gentler on them. They're made of silicone so they're fairly flexible. I'm going to write up a review on my blog once I get a chance to use them.

• Like 4

Cap'n John & I were off to distant Bee Cave principally to buy Damnit The Cat food for body & soul AND coffee for similar reasons.

While I was at WorldMarket, I spied a Little Critter that I knew was meant to be part of what passes for my life. Keeping in mind The Main Reason for the trip...

DSCN6878.thumb.JPG.af7cb39b729269facd233f95687ccad3.JPGDSCN6879.thumb.JPG.ebda5754346a3cbf9015fc284f00213e.JPG

Damnit was not impress or amused.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

My Reaper order arrived with the ghoulie bag, pink paint, and vampiress. Got some more paint and primer, Tinley and Rivani for figures ^_^ 

• Like 15

Hobby Holder order arrived. I got:

• 1 Hobby Holder (white and pink)
  • 1 green handle attachment (grip/handle #1)
  • 1 pink tripod attachment
  • 2 five cap stand things (for smaller models)
  • 1 three cap stand thing (for larger models)
  • 4- 44mm base extender (to hold larger models)
  • 3 laser cut based (they were free!)
  • A button

1018181419.thumb.jpg.ebbb3552a9c61860f6811fbbda00d83f.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 12

Felt the need to acquire something nice for a hobby other than miniatures so some more exotic woods have entered the queue for making pens, ornaments and pepper mills:

Tornillo (1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 20")
Exotic Wood Mix (15 Pound Cutoff Package)
Chakte Viga (2" x 2" x 12")
Cherry (2" x 2" x 12")
Cumaru (1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12")
Lacewood (1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12")
Leopardwood (1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12")

Lignum Vitae (Argentine) (1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12")

admittedly, the lignum Vitae is a random shot in the dark as to whether I get a green color or a more standard blonde but its a fun wood to work with and amazingly strong

• Like 8

IMG_20181019_213454.jpg

Didn't get a Pumpkin Orange this year... hmm.

60169: Nella Cailean  $6.49 x1
14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage  $5.99 x1
02500: Fergus the Weaver  $4.99 x1
77009: Werewolf  $2.99 x2
77525: Great Obelisk of C'thulhu  $4.99 x1
80061: WWWOz Winged Monkeys (3)  $5.99 x1
50260: Xiufang, Femme Fatale  $5.99 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress  Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag! 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I don't recall them mentioning such a colour being offered in the box...  I know my first order didn't have such in it, and nothing mentioned on the invoice for the second and third ones.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

IMG_20181019_213454.jpg

60169: Nella Cailean  $6.49 x1
14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage  $5.99 x1
02500: Fergus the Weaver  $4.99 x1
77009: Werewolf  $2.99 x2
77525: Great Obelisk of C'thulhu  $4.99 x1
80061: WWWOz Winged Monkeys (3)  $5.99 x1
50260: Xiufang, Femme Fatale  $5.99 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress  Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag! 

I also didn't get a pumpkin orange.

• Like 3