54 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

They have inks now?  ugh.. my wallet hates you

They also have gem paints, if you didn't know about those!  ...And refillable tank brush pens too....  And shades....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

They have inks now?  ugh.. my wallet hates you

They are actually really affordable!  If you get all 20 ink colors I think it's like $45 including shipping.  I paid like $23 for 8 bottles including shipping.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

I don't recall them mentioning such a colour being offered in the box...  I know my first order didn't have such in it, and nothing mentioned on the invoice for the second and third ones.

Yeah it wasn't mentioned anywhere... however, in another thread someone mentioned getting a "sample" bottle of a metallic orange color. Three orders this month with zero bottles of that for me lol

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, starwarsgeek said:

Got a set of Badger's Metalsmith paints. Heard good things about them

IMG_20181019_145653_983.jpg

Also a full report is desired!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, starwarsgeek said:

Got a set of Badger's Metalsmith paints. Heard good things about them

IMG_20181019_145653_983.jpg

Yes I would love to hear about these.  I love the Ghost Tint set so I hope these are as good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, starwarsgeek said:

Yeah it wasn't mentioned anywhere... however, in another thread someone mentioned getting a "sample" bottle of a metallic orange color. Three orders this month with zero bottles of that for me lol

Yeah, I was hoping for one too but looks like I ordered too late.  Most were reporting from orders that were placed in late September.  I sure want that orange metallic sample though, so I sure hope it's one of the new eventually forthcoming paints in either Bones or CAV lines... 

I'll third the request for reports on the Badger paint! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, I was hoping for one too but looks like I ordered too late.  Most were reporting from orders that were placed in late September.  I sure want that orange metallic sample though, so I sure hope it's one of the new eventually forthcoming paints in either Bones or CAV lines... 

I'll third the request for reports on the Badger paint! 

I have begun to play with my set of these.  part of it is getting used to mixing the colors and setting the tones.  I have been mainly using the brass color and aging it for my terrain ruins from my kill team game (I'll try to post a review in the WIP area)  Cleanup goes really well, I have not had to dedicate one of my brushes to only metallic, the paint and mica fleck washes out cleanly after normal cleaning.  coverage is surprisingly good considering typical metallic when thinned enough for airbrush use.  I have good coverage with only 2 coats. 

The system works with 3 pieces:  the first is the metalizer which is basically badgers silver paint or a silver mica suspended in fixative.  then you have colorant which lets you shift to various shades of copper, gold, blue, red to basically make any of your standard metal colors, including most of the anodized aluminum colors.  Third you have the aging additives.  These make the metal look older, The additives are a combination of translucent browns, sepias, and black that will tone down the shininess of the metal and darken it.  

The system has worked pretty well so far for the limited amount I have worked with it.  mixing and storing the mixtures is of course, somewhat bulky (how much do I need, what to do with the excess, where do I put it etc.)    They supply 3 droppers and 2 empty bottles but I would be prepared to have more of both available.  the instructions for making the initial paint colors supplied with the metallizers are pretty good but deal a lot in parts rather than volumes which can be deceiving when you mix up your first few batches and discover you have made either way more than you need or you have maybe 5 drops of what you really want. 

I found it also took a while to get the color I wanted.  I also learned (the hard way, of course) that its best to start too light and work your way to a darker aged color,  its very hard to recover if you add to much of the aging paint, leaving you with a very dark bland mess.

Anyway, that's my initial review.  Personal experiences may differ :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Last night, I placed bids on a bunch of EvilBuy auctions for loose Ral Partha AD&D 11-XXX series miniatures, expecting to be outbid on pretty much all of them.

Unexpectedly, I won most of the ones I thought I had no chance on, with much lower bids than I thought they'd go for... :blink:

11-464 Naga                         $3.50  

11-417 Greater Golems       $8.50

11-410 Ettin                           $9.50

11-414 Chimera                    $8.50

11-530 Peryton                     $18.50

Finding the Chimera and the Peryton is rare, even without the blister pack, but paying those kinds of prices for them is even more so.

Of course, my wallet really didn't need to take that kind of hit right at the moment, but I'm calling it a victory.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Will write a more detailed review on my blog but so far the paint pucks are working great! I thought maybe they'd work about as well as what I was already doing (massaging against the side of my rinse cup). However, I put it to the test with some black paint. Normally after I rinse there's still some that comes off on the paper towel. With the pucks there was literally zero paint (that was visible) left in my brush when I dried the brush.

I also thought maybe it would be hard on the bristles but so far they aren't splaying out and come to a nice point like they should.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Last night, I placed bids on a bunch of EvilBuy auctions for loose Ral Partha AD&D 11-XXX series miniatures, expecting to be outbid on pretty much all of them.

Unexpectedly, I won most of the ones I thought I had no chance on, with much lower bids than I thought they'd go for... :blink:

11-464 Naga                         $3.50  

11-417 Greater Golems       $8.50

11-410 Ettin                           $9.50

11-414 Chimera                    $8.50

11-530 Peryton                     $18.50

Finding the Chimera and the Peryton is rare, even without the blister pack, but paying those kinds of prices for them is even more so.

Of course, my wallet really didn't need to take that kind of hit right at the moment, but I'm calling it a victory.

It's funny the Chimera is sculpted by Sandra Garrity & is fantastic. She also sculpted the first Reaper chimera as well. They are pretty much the same figure but ones bigger due to scale. 

Good stuff! 

Acquired at my FLGS tonight. Pack of 12 Chessex D6s. I needed some for my "dark inspiration" skull bowl I made for the Death House/Raven loft game. I went to pay, the owner gave me the set. Said it was a perk for running games at the store. 

Funny thing is he put out a "tips for the DM" jar as well tonight. I told my players tipping me means your tipping your store owner. After the game was over I gave the jar back to him & told him I do it for the love of the game & if not for him opening the store I'd be stuck waiting a year to GM at ReaperCon each time. 

He totally understood. 

• Like 11

Cap' John saw a skirmish rule book from Pen & Sword Books: One Hour Skirmish Wargames. SO I ordered it online.

Pen & Sword are an English outfit; ergo, it took a couple of weeks to get here:

DSCN6909.thumb.JPG.b4b0903e763771cce25d913ab6120613.JPG

The Cap'n is a Napoleonic wargames fan, AND that is where this thingy starts on its way to WWII & Pulp Fiction.

I am doing the initial read. I am trying for objectivity. I love rolling dice & this set of rules is diceless, card using.

It would be worth the try, if it got Himself painting again.

• Like 4

On 10/19/2018 at 8:23 PM, Crowley said:

IMG_20181019_213454.jpg

Didn't get a Pumpkin Orange this year... hmm.

60169: Nella Cailean  $6.49 x1
14544: Ian, Ivy Crown Mage  $5.99 x1
02500: Fergus the Weaver  $4.99 x1
77009: Werewolf  $2.99 x2
77525: Great Obelisk of C'thulhu  $4.99 x1
80061: WWWOz Winged Monkeys (3)  $5.99 x1
50260: Xiufang, Femme Fatale  $5.99 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress  Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag! 

wing monkey comes in a three pack? 

My pewter one is going to et a flock to command! 

• Like 5