Got my Rappan Athuk pledge today! I have to say, the cover artwork has kind of grown on me, but I still really like the red faux-leather look of the Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry versions. Plus, the new one is missing the built in fabric bookmark that the old ones have.

Also, my copy of the main book has dinged corners from shipping. Oh well.

The Adventures in Zelkor's Ferry book is a whole lot smaller than I thought it'd be, but the Appendices book is bigger than I thought it would be. Adventures in Zelkor's Ferry is supposed to be a couple starter adventures so that you can have level 1 characters start in the area and then progress to level 5-6 and be able to tackle Rappan Athuk proper. The Appendices book is a softcover monster manual that has all the monsters you find in the Rappan Athuk book, as well as some of the contents of both the GM's guide(magic items and diseases) and the Player's Guide(new spells).

20181025_185356.jpg

• Like 6

Acquired initial Warcolors order!  I say initial because I do hope to order in several more colours and whatnot once the weather becomes more reliably warm.  But man, we sure wanted those gem paints, and....  They're in!

IMG_20181025_171338.thumb.jpg.fdfceb0e768051eed6deaf334b18244e.jpg

^All six gem paints, the metallic white base they go on, and 100 glass paint agitation/mixing balls.

Going to definitely be interesting to see how they pan out when painted on something....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Got my Rappan Athuk pledge today! I have to say, the cover artwork has kind of grown on me, but I still really like the red faux-leather look of the Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry versions. Plus, the new one is missing the built in fabric bookmark that the old ones have.

Also, my copy of the main book has dinged corners from shipping. Oh well.

The Adventures in Zelkor's Ferry book is a whole lot smaller than I thought it'd be, but the Appendices book is bigger than I thought it would be. Adventures in Zelkor's Ferry is supposed to be a couple starter adventures so that you can have level 1 characters start in the area and then progress to level 5-6 and be able to tackle Rappan Athuk proper. The Appendices book is a softcover monster manual that has all the monsters you find in the Rappan Athuk book, as well as some of the contents of both the GM's guide(magic items and diseases) and the Player's Guide(new spells).

20181025_185356.jpg

We got ours as well, and the quality is really nice.   I read the Zelkor's Ferry adventures, man, there are some very, very difficult encounters in there.

• Like 2

Well I dont have it yet and I don't want to brag but I won the question of the week on Reapers weekly YT video. 

I get a couple of their new paint sets!  I will post once I get them

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Citrine said:

We got ours as well, and the quality is really nice.   I read the Zelkor's Ferry adventures, man, there are some very, very difficult encounters in there.

I haven't had a chance to do more than a quick thumb through. But FGG kind of have their reputation built on the fact that their stuff is old school hard.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Citrine said:

Recently ran the Zelkor's Ferry section for my group recently.  Its a rough fight, even for the opening section and the party can get in a lot of trouble really quickly!

The group TPK'ed against a group of gnolls on their way to the second dungeon in the area.  They were less than thrilled to discover that the leader of the warband had equipment and was able to use it. 

• Like 2

After 6 months of trying:

received 1 Wizkids Beholder at retail price!  Just arrived today.  it has been a long challenge fraught with many misses, but I have finally succeeded!

That is one awesome mini!

I cant wait to apply some paint!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Gadgetman! said:

Today I got a bottle of Vallejo Candy Black, a bottle of InstaMold mold release, and AK Interactive Asphalt Terrain. 

Candy Black? Is it like a automotive Candy color or like black licorice tone? Sounds interesting.

22 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

received 1 Wizkids Beholder at retail price!  Just arrived today.  it has been a long challenge fraught with many misses, but I have finally succeeded!

Heh Now you know why I couldn't make the one I have into a undead version. If I see anther at retail I may pick it up just for that purpose.

Congrats on the find.

• Like 4

Acquired but nothing really yo show....

New socks (should be in mail when I get home).  One pair is The Scream and the other is Taco Cat!

Red Dead Redemption 2 on the XBOX and pre loaded waiting for me to get home and play it.

AT&T Fiber (install date is Monday)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Acquired initial Warcolors order!  I say initial because I do hope to order in several more colours and whatnot once the weather becomes more reliably warm.  But man, we sure wanted those gem paints, and....  They're in!

^All six gem paints, the metallic white base they go on, and 100 glass paint agitation/mixing balls.

Ooohh, where did you get the agiators?? Actually what do put when searching for similar items? Love the purple shade!!!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

CONGRATULATIONS! Have a WONDERFUL time painting up the Beasty!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hungerfan said:

Acquired but nothing really yo show....

New socks (should be in mail when I get home).  One pair is The Scream and the other is Taco Cat!

Red Dead Redemption 2 on the XBOX and pre loaded waiting for me to get home and play it.

There was a t-shirt site that had Banjo Squirrel socks. I should have got them when I seen them as they are out of stock & I have no idea when, if ever they will be back. 

My son is interested in RDR2, but I think he's more interested in Forza Horizon 4. He may get it for Christmas thou.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ooohh, where did you get the agiators?? Actually what do put when searching for similar items? Love the purple shade!!!

They're on Warcolours' webstore, hidden under the "Accessories" tab / section.  They're sold in packs of ten.  Note if you buy more, they're all put in the same bag ^_^ (I apparently got 103, but I only counted once). 

The purple shade is to replicate Amethyst.  I'll have to figure out how to paint it properly, but on skeleton legs it doesn't look half bad ^_^;;;

• Like 3

Yesterday Cap'n John & I were off to Austin. We hit Kings Hobby where The Cap'n got a box of dead/petrified trees & cacti; one of the trees will be used with the Safari Ltd. Owl...eventually.

I  picked up some Dullcote, a package of Sanding Sticks, & a pack of Tweezers:

DSCN6916.thumb.JPG.8a9119f27e7dc3f01be9aad80eb11c1c.JPG

Not pictured is the Dullcote, the cacti, AND the pizza we picked up at Jersey Giant Pizza on the way home.

Today I got an order from Reaper...I love ordering from Reaper. Seen here are:

01031- Ghoulie Bag

03188- Gagnar Scragslayer, Half Orc Pirate

03311- Rhaine, Rogue

03482- Lauren Silversail, Female Elf Pirate

03615- Captain Razig, Undead Pirate

03636- Esker Longlegs, Pirate

03637- Hajad Torgan, Pirate with Loot

03902- Bog Homonculus

03911 Fallow Lurker

03920- Shadowgaunt

03921- Fell Spirit

60146- Kassata Lewynn

PLUS 2 FREE

07010- Dungeon Dwellers: Adrasteia Winterthorn, Vampiress:

DSCN6919.thumb.JPG.ff1bc83503b66cb78f1db0562e40f70c.JPG

Names will be changed to protected what little sanity I possess...forget about the innocent.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 5