Howard Tayler of Schlock Mercenary fame has hit on a couple of financial speedbumps, so he's selling off some original art, a couple of prototype 'Handbrain' GM screens and stuff. (on evilbay)    

Lots of discounts in the store, too.   

(If you search you can even find a Schlock mini in there... )    

I just filled out my comic book collection a little bit...    

Well, maybe more than a little bit... 

(and most of it was NOT discounted. )  

• Like 6

I promised photos of the Bones haul from last week's blind auction/estate sale. I have some preview pics:

1186751161_Bones2.png.5165f24aa2b179d3a43c3d3c07e9de2f.png

890003533_Bones22.png.57acd506fea110ae163c70394e5e7272.png

Two core sets, one still sealed. Two of expansion set #1, both still sealed. One of expansion #2, still sealed. Dragons Don't Share. Khanjira was also part of this lot but I gave him to a friend who's helping us move. And all the bags I haven't inventoried yet but what may very well be every or nearly every add-on available in Bones 2. I know I saw 3 dragons, many mouselings, some demons, a Great Mother worm, 2 gelatinous cubes, some giants, elementals, and a gigantic spider.

If I don't buy minis for a while... I have an excuse.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

.I have acquired SpazStix Ultimate Mirror Chrome and Holographic airbrush paints. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the SpazStix Ultimate Mirror Backer(just a high gloss black), because it wasn't Prime shipping. I'm hoping to eventually use them for Argent. First I have to get some plastic spoons to test them out with, because I want to see how the holographic interacts with the chrome, since it isn't actually meant to be sprayed over it but I want to see if I can give Argent an opalescent shimmer without losing all the shiny. He's going to be rather one-note since he's going to be Bahamut, a shining platinum god.

• Like 9

More purchases: the last Codex Alera book (First Lord's Fury), a repurchase of a small latchmates (6.2 qt. from Michael's) storage tote as my first one is serving as a tote for some of my folks' medications, and a scrapbook paper storage box (also from Michael's, and only $10) which is serving as paint storage. 

The scrapbook paper organizer is holding ALL of my paint currently, and could easily go up to 170ish bottles.  I just need to make some dividers out of some old matte board and this will be nigh-perfect.

• Like 4

On 5/19/2019 at 5:25 PM, Unruly said:

.I have acquired SpazStix Ultimate Mirror Chrome and Holographic airbrush paints. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the SpazStix Ultimate Mirror Backer(just a high gloss black), because it wasn't Prime shipping. I'm hoping to eventually use them for Argent. First I have to get some plastic spoons to test them out with, because I want to see how the holographic interacts with the chrome, since it isn't actually meant to be sprayed over it but I want to see if I can give Argent an opalescent shimmer without losing all the shiny. He's going to be rather one-note since he's going to be Bahamut, a shining platinum god.

Let us know how well this works!  I would love to have a usable reflective finish.  Closest in ever got was an aluminium based agent and it had a real tendancy to oxidize

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Let us know how well this works!  I would love to have a usable reflective finish.  Closest in ever got was an aluminium based agent and it had a real tendancy to oxidize

From the stuff I've seen, it's pretty sweet. It isn't a true mirror, but it's still pretty dang reflective after you've buffed it a little bit and it's probably as close as you can get. However, it is a lacquer based paint and so it may not play well with Bones and acrylic paint because of the solvents.

Here's a demo video comparing it to one of the best chrome paints on the market, Alclad II Chrome.

https://youtu.be/lm9fqk2CfzY

Of course, both are intended for airbrush application. I have no idea how they would do with brush-on.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Here's a demo video comparing it to one of the best chrome paints on the market, Alclad II Chrome.

https://youtu.be/lm9fqk2CfzY

Of course, both are intended for airbrush application. I have no idea how they would do with brush-on.

Martin Jones aka Thatguy here on the forums sprayed Alclad II on the official paintjob for the Clockwork dragon's wings.

As far as application, pretty sure you need the airbrush as it needs to be light coats over a gloss black base to get the chrome effect.

Oh almost forgot,  acquired at game night last night,  new bandit miniatures from Wizkids.  I was short so needed a quick  purchase.

• Like 4

Mini Tool kit for all my hobby tools

Andrea Flesh Paint set

Mini and Medium Clamps

Micron Pen 0.5

Round Cutters

Vallejo Black Mud

DSCN0774.JPG

DSCN0775.JPG

DSCN0776.JPG

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0779.JPG

DSCN0780.JPG

• Like 10

Buzz, buzz!

For those squeamish, spoilers!

9FD62CF2-9C14-4648-80AD-17DFA2491A8A.thumb.jpeg.06657c98eb89b7060a87c9e2a17e015c.jpegCCAC8E67-7E8D-46CF-8B8C-CD6D072C9762.thumb.jpeg.0454554018852db3cdf3f538e1c3d1b2.jpeg

Might have to zoom in on that second pic to see their smiling faces.

Five frame nuc of Italian honey bees. Sadly, due to the snow, they’ll have to spend the day in cramped quarters for another day. Not like they’ll be out collecting anyway, so they’ll spend the day in the garage. But the hive was set up this last weekend, so things are ready to go. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Mini Tool kit for all my hobby tools

Andrea Flesh Paint set

Mini and Medium Clamps

Micron Pen 0.5

Round Cutters

Vallejo Black Mud

DSCN0776.JPG

DSCN0777.JPG

I had a whole box of clamps like that, but possibly slightly smaller. 

The smallest are just Minotaur droppings!  

The spring is too strong for the plastic so they'll break apart, usually when you clamp something. 

(Don't open them and let them 'slam shut'. Trust me... )

That looks like a Picma brand 'brush pen'?

(My google-fu is strong today)

We'll need a report on how well it works...   

The round cutters...   

There's a set of those in my package from GSW... wish it would show up soon... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I had a whole box of clamps like that, but possibly slightly smaller. 

The smallest are just Minotaur droppings!  

The spring is too strong for the plastic so they'll break apart, usually when you clamp something. 

(Don't open them and let them 'slam shut'. Trust me... )

That looks like a Picma brand 'brush pen'?

(My google-fu is strong today)

We'll need a report on how well it works...   

The round cutters...   

There's a set of those in my package from GSW... wish it would show up soon... 

Thx, I will use the clamps with care.

And I will report about the pen when I use it,

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Buzz, buzz!

For those squeamish, spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

9FD62CF2-9C14-4648-80AD-17DFA2491A8A.thumb.jpeg.06657c98eb89b7060a87c9e2a17e015c.jpegCCAC8E67-7E8D-46CF-8B8C-CD6D072C9762.thumb.jpeg.0454554018852db3cdf3f538e1c3d1b2.jpeg

Might have to zoom in on that second pic to see their smiling faces.

Five frame nuc of Italian honey bees. Sadly, due to the snow, they’ll have to spend the day in cramped quarters for another day. Not like they’ll be out collecting anyway, so they’ll spend the day in the garage. But the hive was set up this last weekend, so things are ready to go. 

Bees! :wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Totally spaced off getting this yesterday with being Monday & all (work Sunday to Monday morning, sleep & gaming that evening in all):

Creality Ender 3 mainboard Vers 1.1.14

(just checked to see it was the upgraded)

Ordered off of Aliexpress. Hopefully this cures my 3d printer woes!

• Like 4

Acquired today:

Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Adventures in the Borderland Provinces by Frog God Games

Spaz Stix Ultimate Backer Black

And a jury duty summons...

• Like 6