On 3/31/2019 at 2:10 PM, Auberon said:

I have placed my first ever order from Belarus (technically a preorder).  It is of course minis. 

Cerebus - in pre-order

Cerberus_1-800x800.jpg

I believe I forgot to post it, but this guy arrived as well.  The casting looks good, just not sure when I'll get the chance to paint it.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Auberon said:

I believe I forgot to post it, but this guy arrived as well.  The casting looks good, just not sure when I'll get the chance to paint it.

Make sure you paint him with a spot! That is his name, after all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Auberon said:

75mm? Nice Doggie!

• Like 3

New acquisition that should have been an acquisition last week: A used mini fridge!

One of the guys I know who does maintenance and clean-out for a local landlord had one that got left in one of their apartments when the students left. It isn't perfect, it's got some dents and dings and needed a decent cleaning, but it works and for $20 I can't complain about cosmetics. Especially when I insisted he take the $20 since he was just going to give it to me for free. 40 minutes of work with a rag and simple green and it's ready to run.

It's my first new piece of "furniture" for the basement game room. Its sole use will be to keep drink cans cold.

• Like 11

Got 4 packages today...

3 were from one online store, and contained Blade Runner 2049 on Blu-Ray. a 16GB 133x CompactFlash card, and a spool of 0.1mm braided fishing line respoectively.

The final package came all the way from Spain, and Oh my Deity!

Those new  metallics from GSW are just GORGEOUS!   

In addition to the paints, there was a set of round cutters, a pack of 2mm brass rods, assorted colours of grass tufts, a pack of treestumps cast in resin, a bottle of UV-curable resin and an UV-LED flashlight.   

• Like 7

So I did a thorough inventory of the Bones 2 box I got at the silent auction. I did not get any more pictures though so I'll post an old one.

890003533_Bones22.png.57acd506fea110ae163c70394e5e7272.png

The unsealed core set was complete. Everything had been unbagged. It's a true box of minis.

The baggies in the middle are... almost everything. There's no Dungeon Decor set and no expansion set 3.

There's two Gelatinous Cube sets and two Water Elemental sets. There's a single Core Set add-on, an extra set of bases. 

There's one of... everything else. Every single non-core add-on is present and accounted for and in their original packaging.

My first order of business is to move everything to the new apartment. Next, Verocithrax. I'm removing his wings entirely, adding fur to his shoulders and maybe hips, repairing the damage caused by sitting for years in original packaging in a guy's basement (the warping... the warping...), and building myself a Chinese dragon. I have whisker wires, I have a plan for a proper nose...

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hopefully I will get the best acquisition of all: a few days of vacation!

Really hope that you get more than a few days, you totally deserve it!

So, my Greenstuff World order finally turned up, better late than never I suppose...unfortunately I forgot to order the greenstuff with the gap and the uv resin ::(: Never mind, I did remember to get all the super shiny new paints :wub:

DSCN9973.thumb.JPG.0f64e858b25a692048ef45db96814b7f.JPG

I also picked up this miracle in a tub- Dream Cream from Lush. I suffer nasty rashes (and blisters this week!) from working with any of the hobby putties/epoxies and this is the only thing that calms my skin down afterwards. This tub will do me for a year. I highly recommend it if you have any skin problems that just wont go away.

DSCN9975.thumb.JPG.2a98e2b551c91d79df7cb227c59cae2d.JPG

Last but not least, I got my Bones 4 Kickstarter box. The box was invaded as soon as I removed the 2 Argents ^_^

image.png.002446ec0c057832a929cefc232a72cb.png

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 14
  • Haha 5

'Aquired' a DELL 5290 2-in-one hybrid PC at the office.   

It's replacing my aging 7240 Ultrabook, at least temporarily.  

We're considering it for some of our more Heisenberg users (Don't know where they are or where they're heading... ), so it just makes sense that those who will have to support them get to play with them first. 

• Like 7

My pledge from the Ouroborus Kicstarter arrived.

Went in for one bust.

Freebie plinth and artwork cards.

DSCN0781.JPG

DSCN0782.JPG

DSCN0783.JPG

• Like 16

On 5/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, Kuroneko said:

Really hope that you get more than a few days, you totally deserve it!

Last but not least, I got my Bones 4 Kickstarter box. The box was invaded as soon as I removed the 2 Argents ^_^

image.png.002446ec0c057832a929cefc232a72cb.png

thanks Kuroneko, I did succeed in getting most of the extended weekend off.  only a few hours here and there spent either troubleshooting or dealing with management issues (new skillsets always seem to take more time and have lower efficiencies) but pretty relaxing overall.  I hope the trend will continue through the weekend.  It does help that most of the other managers were in a big meeting so couldn't provide me with new crisis of the day.

Love the paints and it looks like you have quite a few other goodies waiting for you in there!  I keep meaning to place an order for the chameleon paints and some UV resin but then I look at my paint collection and ask where I will put them!

Your little box cat is adorable... and dedicated.  the lengths that fuzzy little creature will go to occupy a new box is impressive. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

I didn't need it, but...

IMG_20190525_075145_01__01.jpg

I wished I lived somewhere that got the game store exclusive covers...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

I wished I lived somewhere that got the game store exclusive covers...

Various online retailers sell both covers. I'm more partial to the standard ones this time around. If course getting it digitally on Beyond, I only see the cover in the app.

Looking forward to DMing this one in a few weeks + love the default setting for this is still Greyhawk!

• Like 2

after the auction I went to yesterday I ended up with:

adeptus mechanicus

15 electro priests, built but not painted

10 skitarii on sprue

3 heavy servators on sprue

necrons

3 bases of scarabs

ctan shard "night bringer"- his hands are so strangely noodley 

necromunda

10 vansaar gangers on sprue

$130 worth of store credit