Jump to content


Recommended Posts

46537D6D-FB82-4D6B-A6BE-01FE112C6322.thumb.jpeg.bab4c3def12745a3648275e86aa249c6.jpeg

 

I picked up one vintage toy soldier mold this week; I tried casting with it today, among some other molds.  Naturally the guy with the leveled bayonet, who would be the most useful, is the one I couldn’t get to cast. :rolleyes:

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

How old is the mold, and are you using a leaded or unleaded alloy?

 

 

1930s or so, and I am starting with a 63% tin/37% lead mix, plus scrap...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the Missus shopping today, she scored several new outfits. Me, I bought a very well worn Colt revolver from 1915.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Took the Missus shopping today, she scored several new outfits. Me, I bought a very well worn Colt revolver from 1915.

 

Your shopping trips are much more interesting than mine. We don't have stores that sell women's clothing and pistols in the same place. Our trips generally go, wife buys a ton of stuff taking hours, I spend 5 minutes to grab the bare essentials I need.

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zink said:

 

Your shopping trips are much more interesting than mine. We don't have stores that sell women's clothing and pistols in the same place. Our trips generally go, wife buys a ton of stuff taking hours, I spend 5 minutes to grab the bare essentials I need.

 

In this neighborhood that would be Cabela’s, as long as she wanted sporty/outdoorsy clothing.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, Auberon said:

I picked up the mail today and had a package from Big Child Creative.  I thought that's odd, haven't ordered anything from them.  I wonder what it could be...

 

Turns out it is the art cards for the figures from the previous KS, a free 35mm Wukong mini, and a free drawf bust to promote their next KS and as an apology for issue during the just finished one.

 

Today I received a shipping notice letting me know that the above package was on its way! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

1lbs, 1Kg or 3Kg spool?

Yes, 3Kg spools are a thing. And they're wondeful for 'all night' printjobs.

 

I usually use Black when I do filament printing(since it's available on 3Kg spools), but grey is also a good, neutral colour.

For terrain, I guess that brown can also be used. 

Not sure. He said the spool itself is about $25. That combined with the time to print and I feel like I have a solid prize.

 

11 hours ago, Sanael said:

The what, wait what now? Huh. I, um, I think I, uh...bye! *Scampers top speed to Thingiverse*

You're welcome :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the Dreadmere expansion.  It was the set I was most on the fence about for the Kickstarter, so when a few sets were offered retail I grabbed one. 

 

th fan favs would have been nice two, but  I really just wanted the mammoth. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

Got the Dreadmere expansion.  It was the set I was most on the fence about for the Kickstarter, so when a few sets were offered retail I grabbed one. 

 

th fan favs would have been nice two, but  I really just wanted the mammoth. 

If already burned 2 sets of penguins (who would have thought those would be the first, but my in-laws like penguins)  I have no fault with the new plastic mix (now that I know a fresh exacto blade is necessary to cut properly)

 

Today I acquired a 6x set of cheaters (er, reading glasses) for painting.  I originally considered some of the adjustable lenses then realized that up til now I had 1.5, a 2 and a 3  diopter glasses on my bench and I only used the others when I couldn't find the 3.  So I just bought 2 pair of 6's instead.  The focal distance is about the limit for a 28mm figure (I have to switch to a 3 for bigger minis because portions of the bigger ones are out of focus with the higher power but the level of detail is nice.

 

It may be time to break down and consult an optometrist about some corrective lenses for close work...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

If already burned 2 sets of penguins (who would have thought those would be the first, but my in-laws like penguins)  I have no fault with the new plastic mix (now that I know a fresh exacto blade is necessary to cut properly)

 

Today I acquired a 6x set of cheaters (er, reading glasses) for painting.  I originally considered some of the adjustable lenses then realized that up til now I had 1.5, a 2 and a 3  diopter glasses on my bench and I only used the others when I couldn't find the 3.  So I just bought 2 pair of 6's instead.  The focal distance is about the limit for a 28mm figure (I have to switch to a 3 for bigger minis because portions of the bigger ones are out of focus with the higher power but the level of detail is nice.

 

It may be time to break down and consult an optometrist about some corrective lenses for close work...

 

I use a 20$ dollar headband, comes with 4 different lenses and you can use two at the same time.

Without that I couldn't paint.

 

In real life I only need reading glasses 1.5 and I can see all else very well!

**Bump! Excuse me miss, I didn't see you there..***

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Talae said:

Not sure. He said the spool itself is about $25. That combined with the time to print and I feel like I have a solid prize.

 

 

That does sound like a 1Kg spool, unless he's using particularly expensive filament.  

Yeah, you scored a great prize. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

I use a 20$ dollar headband, comes with 4 different lenses and you can use two at the same time.

Without that I couldn't paint.

 

In real life I only need reading glasses 1.5 and I can see all else very well!

**Bump! Excuse me miss, I didn't see you there..***

Snicker,  only time I use corrective lenses is during painting and in really dimmly lit resturants when reading a menu.  Or 3 point font...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up my magnifying visor about 2 years ago - before that I was just guessing where the paint was supposed to go. 

it is even more necessary for my painting than the wet pallet. \

 

I could probably use a new one, it has certain problems, like one level of the magnifier not holding in place, and the head strap coming loose.. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×