4 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

One of those just showed up for sale on the Book of Faces..

Not mine.  My son thought it would be a neat idea to rig it for lighting, and have a bunch of them along the driveway, like little evil garden gnomes.  Can't say that I disapprove of that idea. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

156236163342354710307.thumb.jpg.2a0f053c27d115d90f3b4d8b92814c0a.jpg

After nearly 6 months of waiting, my Badger Sotar airbrush has finally arrived! I wanna give it a try sometime soon. Maybe next weekend. This weekend I have to work...

• Like 13

Picked up box #2 today. Cultists, ghouls/beastly men, a few other monstrous humanoids, some japanese flavor stuff and a few other bits and bobs.

Picking up box #3 tomorrow.

• Like 10

On 7/2/2019 at 4:23 PM, haldir said:

Placed a order with Noble Knight yesterday:

Bones

Stone Golem x2

Giant Leeches (2)
Garghuk - Ogre Chieftain
Terror Fish
Razormouth
Dreadmere Fishing Boat
Bufo
Dreadmere Wight
Juliana, Herbalist
Spirit Beast
Torlan

Free RPG Day items

Paizo

Skitter Crash (Free RPG Day 2019)
Q-Workshop

Free RPG Day 2019 Dice Sample

Got my order today!! Totally spaced the Q-Workshop dice was 1 sample......duh (I got a d12, if anyone wants to complete a set, PM me). Now I wish I would have gotten Goblin '19......

Bones black figures (humans) look awesome!! I think I'll double use the Giant Leeches as Giant Eels for Saltmarsh.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I ordered this sometime last year, and while the game has yet to actually ship, the final boss "miniature" (and I use the term loosely) has done so, and arrived on my doorstep earlier this week.  (It's the Cthulhu model from a CMON KS.  I honestly don't know how to paint something like this. . . )

image.thumb.png.5708045cb7f842be11d0a58a465e8b95.png

Someone came up with the idea of up-lighting it by having little LED lights placed into the base, I imagine that would look pretty cool

• Like 7

For years I've been packing my miniatures, scenery, rule books, and other gaming related items into multiple bags and lugging them in an inefficient fashion to where we game. But not anymore. Found this thing on sale at the hardware store and decided it would work nice for my gaming needs. This stuff would normally be packed into 4 canvas grocery bags. Now it's all in one organized place (the egg cartons are what I typically use to transport minis). And I can just park it next to me at the table and everything will be in reach. 

20190705_200725.thumb.jpg.985232c0876a1e08e2b71efe3fd0cf87.jpg20190705_200828.thumb.jpg.9bc03e81ba01ffd38c1220683f522b23.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t really like any of the shots I took at the rehearsal yesterday, but I’m about to acquire a daughter-in-law today.  ::D:

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

I didn’t really like any of the shots I took at the rehearsal yesterday, but I’m about to acquire a daughter-in-law today.  ::D:

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope she is as WONDERFUL as my Meg!

• Like 5

Box #3 has been picked up and the heat can go take a blindfolded walk in a yard fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull of rakes.

More cult-y things, some halflings, some distinct human PCs/NPCs of varying styles, more monstrous humanoids and undead, and a couple of scarecrows.

And the last non-Heroclix piece, Finn The Viking Hero from Heroscape (who really does not much look like a viking TBH)

Box #4, guess we'll see if it comes by Tuesday then.

Edited by BlazingTornado
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

isn't it a little early to be picking off in-laws?  

Best wishes to you and yours today!

• Haha 8

Stopped in at Maple Airbrush Supply and wound up picking up a few paints, specifically Mission Paints items....  Sort of meant to pick up an assortment, but apparently hubby and I wanted some of the prettier colours....

IMG_20190706_183629.thumb.jpg.91873273ccf0fb51a0d9fe6ecdc1b231.jpg

^Two types of primer, their Polyurethane additive, and some thinner (4 Oz bottle was only $2 more than the 2 Oz bottle)

IMG_20190706_183704.thumb.jpg.1600a34f3970f8768b25bf05f4fe5f13.jpg

^Hubby's choices for colours...

IMG_20190706_183733.thumb.jpg.3f88c1f7c6ec49de1e0bb84747f17bef.jpg

^My choices for colours.

Looking forward to some painting with them ^_^

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Stopped in at Maple Airbrush Supply

A airbrush only store?? Sounds interesting.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, haldir said:

A airbrush only store?? Sounds interesting.

Ohhh yeah, it was definitely interesting.  Wide variety of items, including powdered stuff, but a good wall and a half of different paints.  The best part is occasionally I'm out in that area when doing deliveries with work, so I could technically swing by during the day, or on the way home.  They're pretty much the Canadian distributor for Mission Models paints too, but they also have quite a few things that are rather interesting.  I mainly wanted to check them out as they'd be a second place I could get some high quality paints during the winter without having to worry about shipping.  Buying an airbrush there will wind up costing me around the same as it would to order from USA Airbrush Supply, oddly enough.

If you like dragons, there are a good amount of dragons throughout the place, although they're 2D ones.  Donna's really nice too.  Even let me sort of play around with some things, and by that I mean get to hold the airbrushes and see how they fit my hand.  Best part is she also runs classes in the back room for airbrushing, and brings in local instructors for higher end workshops too.

They also do mail order, which is handy for Canadians wanting to order in some of the stuff they carry.  Can't comment on the paint yet, as all I've done so far is shake it up, but I like how the colours look, some of the examples of it being sprayed that Donna showed me, including a demo where she primed one side of an RC car white, and the other black.  Really nice that they use micro-marbles as their agitators, since they're kind of pretty.

EDIT: She was also rather happy I'd done a bit of research on various things, and had a basic idea of what I'd being doing with the airbrush at first, namely, priming and base coats...  With fancier stuff later.  Really gave off the impression that she doesn't care what you paint either, whether it be Warhammer 40k, massive dragons, or doing designs on vehicles.  Really, really passionate lady.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 10

My dice came in on Friday, as predicted my the river store. I didn't remember to take pictures, because oooo! Shiny! And the treasure has been divvied up and distributed. Hubby got the green ones, I kept some purple, white, blue, and purple/teal dice, and the rest went to our friends. 

I also got a 200 pack of sheet protectors for our character sheets. Gots to protect the scared writing and all that.

• Like 13

Despite my resolve to abstain from further mini purchases, Cap'n John & I got a new shipment of Reaper minis today:

03954 Townfolk: Burgermeister

03956 Townfolk: Money Lender...these two will be part of The Eternal Block Party

44014: Andowyn Thrushmoor

44015: D'Vandra Lukesia

44017: Juliana, Herbalist

44024: Giant Frogs (2)

44026: Razormouth

44027: Terror Fish...this one is getting wings; The Flying Terror Fish

44032 Dreadmere Fishing Boat...Cap'n John has mysterious plans for this one.

44007: Brother Hammond, Traveling Monk...AND this one as well.

DSCN8330.thumb.JPG.96cf17216728c26bab195945a840ebe9.JPG

• Like 12