Jump to content


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I acquired 700ft of bubble wrap today.

Cheaper than therapy. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last of my orders came today!

 

Prepainted

D&D

Quasit: I didnt think it got included in my ebay cart when I order sooo placed a order for anther one....<_<). It came bent so I'm trying to straighten him out.

 

Reaper minis:

 

Graveyard fence set

Reptus skullbreaker (will be a PC in Saltmarsh)

Anhurian swordsman(3) always nice to have guards

Squogs (2) bullywugs!

Mummy (3)

Shadow demon (the worst of the 2 a drow wizard can summon. Quasit is the other)

Basilisk x2 (opening encounter for Monday night!)

 

Also Army painter strong tone.

15636553023851127414702762141723.jpg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed to go into town tonight. My FLGS got in the Starfinder Beginner box I ordered!

 

Always good to help with the rules, especially now due to I'm running 5e more then Star/Path these days.

 

15636816994198318080290828688822.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my PF2 Core Rules and Bestiary and the first episode of the first PF2 adventure path today (subscription).

 

I thought very seriously about cancelling all my subs with the advent of PF2, but I decided to pick up the final version of the rules in hopes that there might be something better than the playtest. It will have to be much better to see any actual play, since the playtest was terribad. We'll see.

 

I also picked up Scum & Villainy, the space incarnation of Blades in the Dark (as I understand it), which I mostly bought for inspiration (and as a donation to the game store we paint at). No idea whether it's any good, but some of the bits that I skimmed in the store looked interesting, so there you go.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Got my PF2 Core Rules and Bestiary and the first episode of the first PF2 adventure path today (subscription).

 

I thought very seriously about cancelling all my subs with the advent of PF2, but I decided to pick up the final version of the rules in hopes that there might be something better than the playtest. It will have to be much better to see any actual play, since the playtest was terribad. We'll see.

 

Considering the massive derision I saw towards the playtest, I'm interested to hear how it goes. I saw a sampler page from the bestiary posted to Paizo's Facebook page and I had basically no idea what was going on in it. There are now 10th level spells, I guess? And attacks now have some kind of "Deadly" dice modifier or something because the thing's melee attack had "deadly 3d12" as part of its stat line, but before the damage portion. And also all the attacks have these diamonds beside them that I'm assuming is related to changes in the action economy.

 

It was very confusing and I didn't care for it.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some stuff yesterday! 2 personalized notepads and a t-shirt. Also, got a keychain but that's got my last name on it so no pics.

 

1933235618_JPEG_20190720_1316102.thumb.jpg.1ce8dbf497ac952d7b796cae1238fd51.jpg

0721191106_HDR.thumb.jpg.16a8be0f925d6de4c7b07a3570a9197f.jpg

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interested, this is what 700 feet of bubble wrap looks like.

 

IMG_2639.thumb.JPG.bc8027bc28f262f59908847c6073b5e7.JPG

 

4 rolls of 175 feet.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

For anyone interested, this is what 700 feet of bubble wrap looks like.

 

IMG_2639.thumb.JPG.bc8027bc28f262f59908847c6073b5e7.JPG

 

4 rolls of 175 feet.

Am I going to regret asking why you needed 700 feet of bubble wrap?  and is it big bubble bubblewrap or little bubble bubblewrap? 

I remember in college we used to use big bubble bubblewrap as cheap molds for Jello but that's a lot of gelatin if you're going to try and fill that much!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have obtained these volumes.

D0cWj4hUwAArbMC.jpg.31854cc01b8c02a9d6fe13802ee2c33c.jpg They are essentially beginners' guides to Dungeons and Dragons without containing any of the rules. The idea is that a youngster reads the books, he'll get interested in the world presented, and therefore the game that lets him be a part of it.

For an established player, they're pretty but useless. Well, except in my case; apparently WOTC has brought Tortles back as a player race. I didn't know this until I read the Warriors book.

For a person interested in learning what the game is about and what's expected of you, it's a fun read. Heavily illustrated, and the art is quite good. Made me miss the old Practical Guide series, which served a similar function for Third Edition.

9780786950423_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg.0ab61d27d8db4eaeed74ebf77bcc4735.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:


For an established player, they're pretty but useless. Well, except in my case; apparently WOTC has brought Tortles back as a player race. I didn't know this until I read the Warriors book.

 

Tortles were brought back as a PDF thing called "The Tortle Package" on DM's Guild. I think it's Adventurer's League legal, but I could be wrong. If I remember correctly, proceeds from its sale go toward a charity. I think it was Extra Life.

 

I've been eyeing those books for my nephew for Christmas, myself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

Tortles were brought back as a PDF thing called "The Tortle Package" on DM's Guild. I think it's Adventurer's League legal, but I could be wrong. If I remember correctly, proceeds from its sale go toward a charity. I think it was Extra Life.

 

I've been eyeing those books for my nephew for Christmas, myself.

 

Well, based on Warriors, they're an official choice, right up there with halflings and dwarves. 

Depending on your nephew's age and reading level, they are at best the door to a world of adventure, and at worst, harmless fun. With nice art!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

 

Well, based on Warriors, they're an official choice, right up there with halflings and dwarves. 

Depending on your nephew's age and reading level, they are at best the door to a world of adventure, and at worst, harmless fun. With nice art!

 

He'll be just shy of 10 when Christmas hits, so he's pretty much the perfect age for some light fantasy stuff. I already gave him the whole Tellos comics run a couple years ago as incentive for him to get better at reading. Most of my gifts to the kids have been either Legos or books, and they're frequently above their current abilities because I want them to learn as they go.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Am I going to regret asking why you needed 700 feet of bubble wrap?  and is it big bubble bubblewrap or little bubble bubblewrap? 

I remember in college we used to use big bubble bubblewrap as cheap molds for Jello but that's a lot of gelatin if you're going to try and fill that much!

I'm moving to Wyoming. We have a lot of fragile crap, so I went looking for a good deal. Considering lowes sells 200' for $32, I think I did well with my 700' for $19 ^_^ 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

Tortles were brought back as a PDF thing called "The Tortle Package" on DM's Guild. I think it's Adventurer's League legal, but I could be wrong. If I remember correctly, proceeds from its sale go toward a charity. I think it was Extra Life.

 

13 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

 

Well, based on Warriors, they're an official choice, right up there with halflings and dwarves. 

 

Tortles are Adventure League legal. About the only 5e race that isn't is the Aarakocra & that is due to their flying ability at 1st level.

 

Acquired at the FLGS last night:

 

Nolzur's Gelatinous Cube unpainted mini.

 

Upcoming AL (Monday Nights) has an encounter with 5 Ochre Jellies & if the party is strong enough (ie over the APL of the module) throw in a Cube. They showed last night they are capable of handling that encounter so I'm gonna drop it to 4 OJs & add a 2nd GC. Fun times!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×