Ordered a second copy of the new Infinity terrain kit through local store.  Eerily, their distributor still says its available for pre-order, but that just gives me more drive to get the minis from Red Veil built up. 

If, by some strange reason it doesn't come in in the next few weeks, I guess by then I'll just put an order in with MeepleMart for it plus a few other things since they're showing as having it in stock now (which by Murphy's Law, will have them finally be delivered to the local store). 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Rex's description is pretty accurate.. We decided to call her Jasper; and she's been to the vet to be scanned for a chip (present?! Not that we could find anybody attached to it), and looked over for the usual parasite load. I'm going to give her a flea-med pill in a bit...

but she looks like this:

Jasper.thumb.jpg.36a3fd24bf739bf50a7ad277ad733e3a.jpg

... looks like she's our cat. She's going to stay in the bathroom for a couple of weeks, to get over the sniffles and let the worming pill run its course.

Cheeky thing, isn't she?  Congratulations  on your new master...::D:

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

I got two orders in. On Monday Noble Knight supplied me with YET MORE Kneadatite...my main addiction. AND today I received an order of Wood Circle Shapes,  Laser Wood Discs- 3.15" X .118", & 2" Head Pins the Folks from Hobby Lobby:

DSCN8681.thumb.JPG.4ff6f435b663a88dca2ae23552c6a37a.JPG

Practical stuff can be exciting as well...OH BABY! 

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 14

I got a rock! And some other cool stuff. But mainly a rock! First of two orders this week. The clear brights from Reaper Con were back in stock the next day, so place another order.

20191023_170404.jpg

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 17

Got  a can of contact adhesive today.   

'This stuff works great on wood' the seller said...    

No, it doesn't...    

Not Laminated wood on a 50year old chair at least. 

(My one good chair collapsed, a crossbeam under the seat split, and the seat was resting  on it... Painful in more than one way... )

That chair belonged to my Grandmother, so I NEED to fix it, and fix it RIGHT. 

(She had trouble with her back so got an adjustable chair. My memories of her is mostly of her sitting in that chair)

Tomorrow, I'll get hold of some epoxy. 

• Like 10

Congratulations to Jasper! You picked a great Catmom!

I totally forgot to post about my lovely mimics from the Rise of the Mimics 2 Kickstarter from Galladoria Games. They're all excellent quality and wonderful sculpts, I'm so glad I backed this one :winkthumbs:

DSCN0685.thumb.JPG.9fa887a020dfad0d53655f6990488400.JPG

I failed my Will save and picked up a couple of dragons, one red and one green. I think red is my favourite, but that's because he's a dice cosy. Well, he's not that great a dice holder (2 sets maximum) but he is flippin' adorable :wub:

Green also seems to be having a slight identity crisis :blink: but he can be a Cloud Giant if he wants to be, no-one is going to argue with a dragon after all...

DSCN0709.thumb.JPG.c93d3d7d46f6e66589bf39a1b98c515f.JPG

He's also made friends with the real boss of the house ^_^

DSCN0702.thumb.JPG.457d14b65c467d6a0c1dac3976dee5b9.JPG

• Like 20

Made a point of getting to the LFGS today.  Noticed a couple of posts they made on FB, so had a couple things to check out.

First I bought some raffle tickets.  The prize is some pretty  huge Wonder Woman statue thing, but the money all goes to the IWK, the childrens hospital over in Halifax. I usually try to find some fund raiser or another for the IWK each year to support.  We spent a fair amount of time there when the boys were younger.

And 2nd, I picked up a few of the store's custom dice. They just got a new batch in.  And, well, dice.

HB_2019_10_23.jpg.180f9abd068bac77ece23c03022ba6d7.jpg

Think they'll become my back stab (or sneak attack, or whatever it's called in 5th edition) dice for my rogue.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Got  a can of contact adhesive today.   

'This stuff works great on wood' the seller said...    

No, it doesn't...    

Not Laminated wood on a 50year old chair at least. 

(My one good chair collapsed, a crossbeam under the seat split, and the seat was resting  on it... Painful in more than one way... )

That chair belonged to my Grandmother, so I NEED to fix it, and fix it RIGHT. 

(She had trouble with her back so got an adjustable chair. My memories of her is mostly of her sitting in that chair)

Tomorrow, I'll get hold of some epoxy. 

The best two adhesives for wood I have are tite-bond wood glue and hide glue.  Both act as crystallizing penatrant adhesives and will internally bind to the wood.  However both are slow cured and require clamping and patience.  Worth it though for a repair of am artifact.  Depending on where and how the damage formed, pinning with wood dowels will also greatly enhance the strength of the furniture.  For the most part contact adhesives and epoxies will only make surface repairs leaving the area around the bond vulnerable.

@Kuroneko the little dice cosy or so cute! And apparently a lot of people think so cause the delivery times are scary!

• Like 11

My local comic book shop (name withheld to protect the small pile of stuff I still plan to pick up) has all of their ancient Reaper stuff 50% off! Most of it's like 10 years old, since that's when they stopped ordering, and about 70% of it is Warlord, but they have a ton of great loot! I dropped 26$ there today, since they only take cash, and I got 02567: Basilisk, 02631:Cockatrice, 02792: Gameela Female Sphinx, 02740: Mummy King on Throne, and 02724: Egyptian Sarcophagus, which is pretty fantastic, since the Sarcophagus alone is 25$... Gonna have to save up and go back there for a few more things. They've got Faceless Horrors for like 5$ each, and I think they had another Sarcophagus too... Gonna grab that, I think.

• Like 16

Acquired some more resin from Raul Garcia Latorre from his store closing sale

1576208467_littlejohnbust.thumb.png.413c4e5beaa194d43414324844357724.png

1218627945_littlejohn75mm.png.01a082c7d64d65454bae6fa0413842cb.png

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 16

Why haven't I been made aware of Latorre before, his closing sale, or the Zayna bust?   

Also, @SamuraiJack your pictures doesn't show up. 

GSW have new stuff again... 

New rollers, conductive paint, conductive copper tape, paint racks...   

This might end up expensive...

Edit: Forgot to mention Translucent Fimo, 'elven' and 'Dwarven' brass symbols(2 - 3mm tall), 'Paint revitalizer', a battery-powered compressor...

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Why haven't I been made aware of Latorre before, his closing sale, or the Zayna bust?   

Also, @SamuraiJack your pictures doesn't show up. 

GSW have new stuff again... 

New rollers, conductive paint, conductive copper tape, paint racks...   

This might end up expensive...

Edit: Forgot to mention Translucent Fimo, 'elven' and 'Dwarven' brass symbols(2 - 3mm tall), 'Paint revitalizer', a battery-powered compressor...

Oh Lord, they have a Chinese Roller Pin!

I will place an order when I get home!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I went for the brass symbols, the translucent Fimo, copper tape, conductive paint, paint revitalizer, airbrush cleaning pot filters and clay blades. 

I notice that their Greenstuff strips are 'air gapped' now. No need to cut away the midsection, where the materials used to meet, any more.  

I wonder if the Paint Revitalizer can fix paint that has been frozen...    

(I may do a test on some craft paint... )

• Like 9

I may have made a panic order to Greenstuff World last week due to the possible UK political situation. 

I may have ordered too much :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

37 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I went for the brass symbols, the translucent Fimo, copper tape, conductive paint, paint revitalizer, airbrush cleaning pot filters and clay blades. 

I notice that their Greenstuff strips are 'air gapped' now. No need to cut away the midsection, where the materials used to meet, any more.  

I wonder if the Paint Revitalizer can fix paint that has been frozen...    

(I may do a test on some craft paint... )

Paint Revitalizer?

Please do share the results of that test!

I still have a few of Reaper's Holiday paints that were frozen, I couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

If that stuff works I want it!

• Like 8