Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

I'd never heard of Mystic Mountain before. Just looked them up and like what I see. The big thing attracting me to Fat Dragon is the price on this deal. I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to terrain. There's a bunch of things I like in the sets although I know I won't ever use most of it. So 80% off works for me. Except for one thing. The ad I received said $20.47. When I went to Drive Through RPG it said $29.99. Then I convert it into CAD and get $37.16. Not as exciting as $20. Probably still worth it for me.

• Like 3

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, fresh off the very successful Kickstarter, I was all excited to paint some giant friggin' dragons (I was originally going to get the Core set and Dreadmere, but decided that I'd rather get the wyvern and the silver dragon than Dreadmere). Then, I remembered that it would be over a year before I got all that sweet, sweet loot.

So I just purchased the Pathfinder Red.

• Like 10

New big brim black felt hat. It has a shallow round crown. I put in two white-orange-green pheasant feathers and two peacock feathers. It looks rad. 

Also got a folding table that has space for the BF and I, with paints in the middle. And we got some better boxes for the paints so they'll be easily accessible and packable for the next CMPA meet-up. I won't have to disassemble my clunky desk each time, huzzah! 

• Like 7

Wandered down to Hobby Lobby looking for dollhouse coffee stuff for the Dwarves. Didn't find any but picked up the following.

Vallejo Matt Varnish (I've been going thru a lot of this recently, so backup is good.)

Vallejo German Field Grey WII 

Vallejo Uniform Luftwafe WII (these are for the 50340 Zombie German Soldiers that have been patiently awaiting paint.)

Vallejo Intermadiate Green ( curious to see how it goes with Reaper's Viper Green)

Mayberry Street Miniatures Cola cans (will be repainted as Hamms and added to the Grey Aliens so as to more closely match my old gig posters.)

Pinecar Dry Transfer Decals Stripe & Flames

Pinecar Eliminator Custom Parts 

Pinewood Derby Top Fuel Engine Kit (these look to scale nicely with the small parking lot of 1/35 Fast and Furious cars that have taken over one of my shelves. Which will eventually be the transport for my Redneck Warband.)

ScenaRama Snow ( I plan on doing more Chrstmas minis this year so this will come in useful.)

JTT Dried Corn Stalks 2" ( They scale nicely to 28mm, and will be used as terrain for the Witches & Pumpkins.)

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Zink said:

He's a lot smaller but one of my favourite dragons and I painted him a couple years back. I have 6 or 7 dragons and only painted 2 so far. The other was from Grenadier and I painted almost 30 years ago.

I picked up an old Ral Partha 01-094 The Golden Dragon as a random piece in a lot of minis awhile back, and I'm kinda torn between cashing him in for money and holding onto him to paint (someday)...

• Like 9

Arrival today!

Barbarian King & Garandur Silver Wolf from Joaquin Palacios Studio! Got here QUICK from Spain! Ordered 8/28, shipped 8/30, arrival 9/6. That's fast, especially from Spain. My last order from Spanish company took 14 days to get to me. 

I want to paint these guys up badly, but they are definitely in the "after reapercon" pile with too many projects to work on right now and finish up unless I am bored and/or need something different to work on.

• Like 6

I seem to have acquired a back yard full of kittens. This town has a ton of feral house cats. One of them had kittens under our shed in the back. We'd noticed a cat once in awhile but didn't think much of it. The last couple of days the kittens are big enough they're getting active and running around. Younger son really want one as a pet. Neat freak wife thinks they'll destroy the yard and I need to get rid of them. I'm not worried and they're cute. Give them a few weeks and they'll be roaming town, crapping in somebody else's yard like the rest. I grew up with tons of pets including the occasional wild animal. Miss having pets.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Zink said:

I seem to have acquired a back yard full of kittens. This town has a ton of feral house cats. One of them had kittens under our shed in the back. We'd noticed a cat once in awhile but didn't think much of it. The last couple of days the kittens are big enough they're getting active and running around. Younger son really want one as a pet. Neat freak wife thinks they'll destroy the yard and I need to get rid of them. I'm not worried and they're cute. Give them a few weeks and they'll be roaming town, crapping in somebody else's yard like the rest. I grew up with tons of pets including the occasional wild animal. Miss having pets.

Snuggly mouse control imo. 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Zink said:

Does she think they're badgers?:huh:

• Like 7

She is obsessive about order in her little chunk of the world. She thinks they'll hurt her flowers and poop all over her little garden patch. I'm not seeing the problem. I'm pretty forgetful these days so it may be a while before I manage to remove them. Got a good look at them today and there's the mom who isn't around much and 4 half grown kittens. Wild little guys but I've dealt with that before. When I was a kid we had lots of barn cats and made 1 or 2 into house pets at any time. The wife likes the idea of moving them out to the farm but I don't know if that will work out.

• Like 6

Today was moderately pricey.  Picked up a couple of gallons of 2-part resin (planned purchase), then a bunch of sheet styrene (again, planned, but I did not plan to buy quite as much as I did - model store had more than just the siding pieces I wanted).  Then stopped by the local chain bookstore to look for a gaming magazine - they didn't have it, but they did have "The Rise and Fall of DODO" for 50% off, so I picked it up.

• Like 6