Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

My time at the hat shop is showing that web orders and shipping can be a mess on a short staff. Summer sale had us boxing items for a large portion of the day. We've had troubles with putting in orders and then other shops fail at fulfilling them properly (we can order at ours, request another to ship). All sorts of nastiness there. If CMON is a small group, they could be totally boned. Nonetheless, it seems about time to do a mass alert. If they start getting people into wanting refunds, their work load goes up and their reputation tanks. 

And.... still waiting on my Hasslefree order from Halloween. *grumps*

But the Christmas Dragon package arrived, with many paints, and a few wee figures. Thank goodness Reaper's on top of their game. So far I've had great experiences with them, Nocturna, Scale 75, and a local minis distributor. Figone, Hasslefree, and CMON might have to go on my unreliable list: only use when figures are limited (but highly desired) or when sale is too good. 

Hassle free has a good reputation + Kev & Sally White are good people. I'd keep holding out for that one to arrive. 

As far as wanting a refund for my two orders, I'd rather have the stuff then the cash I spent on them & that includes a $150+ order. I'll hold off till the 29th or even after the 1st (holiday) before I start asking about the order. Like many this is my first order with CmoN. 

• Like 8

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Pingo said:

It is from FASA, so on a guess I would say heck yeah.

I'd say yes as well. Funny I don't ever recall seeing anything St related besides stsrships as far as minis. 

My Earl of Squirrel MtG Unstable promo came yesterday! EBay purchase as I said before I'm not into Magic anymore but I wanted to collect all the squirrel related cards. Love the artwork on this one!

https://goo.gl/images/HJbGDt

• Like 5

My CMON order (ordered on the 28th), containing heaps of Fenryll minis is 'loaded on the truck for delivery'.

Of course, as the latest Gold Digger 'Gold Brick' comic collection is also listed as such, there's even odds whether I get the time to check them out.

Oh, and my 12Days package with CatDragons just entered the country. Will It arrive in time for Christmas?

Will I find out if I'm Naughty or Nice before new years? 

Will my car be put back together before I leave for my parents on friday afternoon?

(Probably not. I just ordered a different clutch set on eBay. Got the tracking already, but shipping from England takes a day or three) 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, eldamir said:

I think Hasslefree is another 3 or 4 person shop and their owner has had a lot of health issues lately..  so they're very slow of late..

But Kev is pretty good about status updates on the Book of Faces.

• Like 3

Feeling I'm going to get bit by the DM bug again soon, I picked up D&D's "Out of the Abyss" adventure.  My group us presently running a different premade but it's not going to last long and then another member is running us through some StarFinder for a bit.  Should give me lots of time to tear the premade apart and remake it, my way.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

still no response from CMON about my order statuses =/

Took a few days before I heard from them but I wrote earlier on before they were probably getting slammed with emails asking where their orders were at.

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

<email snipped>

Yeah that looks exactly like the one I got early this month.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eldamir said:

I think Hasslefree is another 3 or 4 person shop and their owner has had a lot of health issues lately..  so they're very slow of late..

Oof. That's tough. 

Good to know they're trying to be on top of it though. And yeah, they do have FB updates on the goings-on. 

2 hours ago, eldamir said:

More like 2, and one of them only sculpts and one of them has had health issues.  They also ran a KS, fell behind, and then ran 2 very large sales, and fell further behind.  Bad decisions have been made.

• Sad 3

Just picked up three of the ThinkGeek Bags of Holding - the rollover backpack, the messenger tote, and the travel bag. I figure I can probably fill the travel bag with foam - at 4" deep, I should have enough trays that fit to fill it - and use the tote for my books and dice, which will be a big help. Might use the backpack for maps and other DM stuff, or as just a regular backpack, I'll have to see.

Still, all three and shipping worked out to 48 bucks or so, so they're a really good price. The backpack and tote were just 10$ each... And I really like the lining.

kgio_deluxe_msnger_bag_holding_det3.jpg

Also ordered some minis from Thunderbolt Mountain, and about 80$ in paintbrushes from R&C...

• Like 10

I had a recent order. It took a couple of days before it was sent, but that may be just a fluke.

The packaging, though...

I think it was zip-lock baggies inside a padded envelope, but can't remember exactly. 

My thoughts at least were 'Only ever order from third-party sites, never directly'.   

Of course, I only ordered a few minis. It's possible that he uses a more solid packaging if it's a larger order.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1