Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Also I want a citadel holder but they are never in stock

I asked my FLGS to put a couple aside for me when more arrived and to give me a call, which they did. ::D:

Thats how I got mine.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 3

I just sent an email to The War Store asking about mine. It's been a bit over a month since my order with nary a word, and their store page still says "Usually ships in about a week" rather than "Backordered." Also, when I went to check on the order status using the website, it acted like the order didn't exist. I'm now wondering if something happened to it after I got the partial shipment of the items that they had in stock at the time.

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I asked my FLGS to put a couple aside for me when more arrived and to give me a call, which they did. ::D:

Thats how I got mine.

ah, i don't have a local game store. I had to drive an hour and a half just to visit a gamestore and get the wizkid minis

What to do at 3 50 in the morning? Oh yeah place a Reaper order! 

77492: Behir $6.79 x1
77493: Brain In a Jar $3.49 x1
77494: Dire Bear $3.99 x1
77499: Gutrags, Stitch Golem $4.99 x1
77501: Minotaur $3.49 x1
77503: Temple Dragon $5.99 x1
77505: Dragon Plant $3.99 x1
77512: Flesh Golem $3.29 x1
77511: Xiloxoch, Naga $3.49 x1
09299: MSP Core Colors: Brush-On Grey Primer $3.29 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Rictus the Undying

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I got my Badger 54th birthday promotion email questionaire thing the other day, and I finally decided what I wanted. I ended up going for 3 airbrushes - a Patriot Extreme, a Krome, and a regular Patriot 105. All for just under $200. Which means I won't be taking advantage of Reaper's Dungeon Dwellers promotion for this month, despite how much I like ol' Rictus's look. I just couldn't pass on some $64 airbrushes(total cost per brush including shipping).

The Patriot 105 will be a duplicate, since I already have one, but I'm worried that either something was wrong with the one I already have when I bought it or I messed something up after the first time I took it apart to clean it. If it turns out that it's just a matter of me sucking at using an airbrush, I'll probably sell one of them and make the money back. The Patriot Extreme is basically a duplicate, but with a couple extra features, and the Krome will be an all new super-airbrush that, if I spend time doing it, will hopefully allow me to paint big models and minis in detail without ever touching a regular weasel butt brush.

I won't actually receive the brushes for at least a month, by my reckoning. It'll probably be in the 2-3 month range though, based on what they've given for their production numbers, the fan response to the deal, and how they have to maintain a majority of their production for standard orders. But, like the Bones kickstarters, it's going to be well worth it I think. It was basically a buy 2, get 1 free deal since he Patriot 105 retails at $75, the Patriot Extreme at $100, and the Krome at $120(though that includes a second needle/nozzle setup that this deal doesn't), all direct from Badger's webstore...

Soon I'll need to find some cheap airbrush paints to practice with...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 9
5 hours ago, haldir said:

What to do at 3 50 in the morning? Oh yeah place a Reaper order! 

77492: Behir $6.79 x1
77493: Brain In a Jar $3.49 x1
77494: Dire Bear $3.99 x1
77499: Gutrags, Stitch Golem $4.99 x1
77501: Minotaur $3.49 x1
77503: Temple Dragon $5.99 x1
77505: Dragon Plant $3.99 x1
77512: Flesh Golem $3.29 x1
77511: Xiloxoch, Naga $3.49 x1
09299: MSP Core Colors: Brush-On Grey Primer $3.29 x1

Your order has received 1x Dungeon Dwellers: Rictus the Undying

Late night makes us very vulnerable to impulse buying. A premise that the Shopping Channel takes full advantage of.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I Got my Master Series Maria Roseblade, PIrate Queen (30007) today. 

nice... 

So I spent some time on eBay and tracked down Ellen Stone, Cow Girl(30005) to add to the collection.

Nice I have painted Maria a few years ago.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Got notice today that the pre-order giant i got from Hersey has shipped. The giant is frickin .... giagantic! Maybe he’ll help me break outta my funk.  

I was sooo tempted by that giant... but he was pricey and I've a Bones 4 pledge that needs adding to.

• Like 4

Managed to battle through the snow to raid the local goodwill and found the following,

100_0214.JPG.de0451419660e76f6e491d0368e48c9f.JPG

A handmade cookie jar that scales well with 28mm. I'm thinking either repainting it in Fallout style or maybe just a darker repaint with light weathering for use in modern time frames with the Armies of the Unhinged.

100_0213.JPG.f908dc4f1cd556e0e816fd8f98c81e76.JPG

A Halloween house that will be lightly touched up and weathered so that the Witches and Pumpkins can have shelter. The plant pot will be the home for the Desert Thing,(once I finally get around to painting it)

100_0212.JPG.417d47797471beb144b659adf2fef860.JPG

A Partylite Old World Village church that I originally thought to corrupt into a temple for the undead.....but now I might just leave it as it is, seeing as how it's in perfect condition. 

I almost got a couple of relatively scale toy pirate ships....had not a pack of children beaten me to them. I also picked up a small coffee maker to be incorperated into Confefe Mountain, and 2 gallons of Simple Green. (not that I really need that much, but better to stock up when I can.)

• Like 9