Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Had a bit of a disappointing acquisition today.

The water lilies I ordered for some bases turned out to be rather naff. I guess stuff designed for model railways doesn't need to look that detailed :down:

At least I didn't pick up all the stuff that I thought looked cool.

• Like 2
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Got a shipping notification for a really neat looking item, a 'build your own raptor' from this guy that makes scientifically accurate dinosaur action figures with jointed limbs

18622620_1772780169403847_79199559560929

those are the pre-painted, species specific ones. I ordered a make your own that you paint yourself

22491929_1945050928843436_88639132734584

Thank you sooo much, Mr Enabler.  The timing could not have been better.  I  have been looking for a feathered serpent model I could mod into a feathered dragon (I have been reading the Heartstrikers series)

• Like 3

Looking at the Raptor contents I get a Bones Box Set feel for it. ::): 

Acquired: Reaper order I placed at 350 in the morning on the 15th! Mostly Bones from that day's releases. Also got a sample paint.

Some initial reactions:
Temple Dragon Bones assembles allot easier then the metal one. The whole side of the statue with the dragon & trying to dry fit that into place to see how it looks is a PiTA. This one just inserts into the base. Nicely done, Reaper!

Plant Dragon. The stems the leaves are one are soft & rubbery, kinda like cheap .50 cent rubber toys. Which is odd as the leaves are somewhat firm. Overall thou this Bones was the softest mini of all I got. Kinda reminds me Kaladrax's head in softness.

Dire Bear: Awesome fur details. Love the size!

Minotaur: Great details, especially for a Bones mini. I'm not crazy on his size thou. I get a medium mino is nice but I like my large.

Behir: Fantastic looking mini. Lotsa parts! Not surprisingly the glue on the blister was the strongest of all minis I opened today.

Gutrags: Very nice detail. I was worried some of the awesome burlap detail would be lost in the conversion, but it's there. I'll get the 2 lesser ones now.

Rictus: Nice mini. He appears to be smaller then say your average DHL mini. I'm wondering if DD line will be smaller in scale??

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, haldir said:

Temple Dragon Bones assembles allot easier then the metal one. The whole side of the statue with the dragon & trying to dry fit that into place to see how it looks is a PiTA. This one just inserts into the base. Nicely done, Reaper!

I never did figure out how to get the metal Temple Dragon together.. he's in the box o' shame staple back into his package

• Like 2

I have today acquired a new airbrush hose with an in-line moisture trap. It was an Amazon Warehouse deal, and as best as I can tell the only reason for it is that there's a tear in the bag. It's got the "inspected" sticker and you can see where they removed the staples holding the cardboard bit to the bag before re-stapling it, but a physical inspection doesn't reveal anywhere that feels like it's been punctured or anything.

• Like 4

Today has sucked. Committee member pretty much just said I'm useless and that my project isn't worth a master's, and doesn't seem to think I can finish it. My adviser thinks I can do it, and I think I can do it. Broccoliful blow to morale though. Bright side: if I go non-thesis track that requires more classes, I already have enough classes to go to non-thesis with a project (and this could be a project). 

And I left my keys at home so I couldn't mope in my office alone with bad music. 

Other bright side: going to be a tutor for two hours a week. Woo. 

And I don't have to TA, but I rescued that course by being a substitute TA for 1hr a week. 

*stress*

• Like 2
  • Sad 15

Anyone know what Fantizations shipping schedule looks like?  Ordered some paint from them and it's been a small while and it still shows ordered.  Not in a great rush as it's a birthday present to me and that's not for a couple of weeks, but I would like to see it by then and I'm just curious if I need to nudge them or if they normally run a week or 2 behind.

On a slightly different tangent I learned that one of my favorite rpg author, Monty Cook, was born less than a week before I was!  It's the little things that excite me ::P:

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Anyone know what Fantizations shipping schedule looks like?  Ordered some paint from them and it's been a small while and it still shows ordered.  Not in a great rush as it's a birthday present to me and that's not for a couple of weeks, but I would like to see it by then and I'm just curious if I need to nudge them or if they normally run a week or 2 behind.

They are usually pretty guick at getting stuff out, at least for me. Was it a pre order or new release? If it was a pre order, they may not have it yet and if it is a new release, they sometimes have more people pre order than what they expected and ordered from the manufacturer. I had that happen to me with a Hasslefree new release but they shipped the rest of the order separately and then the remaining mini when they got it back in stock. It won’t hurt to email them though, they are pretty good on replying back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Managed to foray into Pillageville today:

20180118_222853.thumb.jpg.ad1a3816461b1d0ede46a3268f46f3ed.jpg

-Nolzur's Dwarf Fighter

-Nolzur's Dragonborn FIghter

-Nolzur's Dragonborn Paladin

-03765 Highland Heroine (I have the Bones version, but I picked up the metal version for comparison)

-P3 Bloodstone ( needed to replace it since the lid o the last one cracked and I wasn't sure how long it might last)

Noticed a lot less Reaper minis at the FDGS, they said that their supplier was having trouble getting them, so they sent more Wizkids as a substitute. They're hoping to bring more Reaper back in once they can. Talked to the FLGS here, they're able to order in some Wizkids stuff, but the beholder is on backorder.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Today has sucked. Committee member pretty much just said I'm useless and that my project isn't worth a master's, and doesn't seem to think I can finish it. My adviser thinks I can do it, and I think I can do it. Broccoliful blow to morale though. Bright side: if I go non-thesis track that requires more classes, I already have enough classes to go to non-thesis with a project (and this could be a project). 

And I left my keys at home so I couldn't mope in my office alone with bad music. 

And I don't have to TA, but I rescued that course by being a substitute TA for 1hr a week. 

*stress*

Want me to go through it as a ‘critical friend’?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

*stress*

Post intended for Randomness Thread? Nothing seems to have been acquired. 

• Like 1