Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

6525979D-4E8C-43B5-96F2-6471084CBFC3.thumb.jpeg.e2eb62603e33798fa4eaa3e589a19ee4.jpeg

I acquired this ^ thing. I have no idea what it is. The label offers clues. But it was shiny, interesting looking, and I am sure it will be useful for a hobby purpose...

...just need to figure out what. 

• Like 9
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired a house.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Managed to foray into Pillageville today:

20180118_222853.thumb.jpg.ad1a3816461b1d0ede46a3268f46f3ed.jpg

-Nolzur's Dwarf Fighter

-Nolzur's Dragonborn FIghter

-Nolzur's Dragonborn Paladin

-03765 Highland Heroine (I have the Bones version, but I picked up the metal version for comparison)

-P3 Bloodstone ( needed to replace it since the lid o the last one cracked and I wasn't sure how long it might last)

Noticed a lot less Reaper minis at the FDGS, they said that their supplier was having trouble getting them, so they sent more Wizkids as a substitute. They're hoping to bring more Reaper back in once they can. Talked to the FLGS here, they're able to order in some Wizkids stuff, but the beholder is on backorder.

I really like these Nolzur’s miniatures, they look great. Quite expensive in the U.K. though so I’m looking on US websites trying to find a decent case price. I’d like to get the entire range

30 minutes ago, TGP said:

6525979D-4E8C-43B5-96F2-6471084CBFC3.thumb.jpeg.e2eb62603e33798fa4eaa3e589a19ee4.jpeg

I acquired this ^ thing. I have no idea what it is. The label offers clues. But it was shiny, interesting looking, and I am sure it will be useful for a hobby purpose...

It’s going to excellent for determining the squareness of something. Great find 

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I really like these Nolzur’s miniatures, they look great. Quite expensive in the U.K. though so I’m looking on US websites trying to find a decent case price. I’d like to get the entire range

I find the details on the humanoid sculpts to be shallow, likely due to the more realistic proportions given the sculpts.

The larger monsters and accessory pieces are quite nice for the price.

Out of curiosity, are there pieces you're particularly interested in?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I find the details on the humanoid sculpts to be shallow, likely due to the more realistic proportions given the sculpts.

The larger monsters and accessory pieces are quite nice for the price.

Out of curiosity, are there pieces you're particularly interested in?

Not especially. But they're ticking lots of nostalgia boxes for me and I really like the packaging, I can see them looking good on a shelf, unopened.

PS - Did you see my post about 'Exterminate'?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

They are usually pretty guick at getting stuff out, at least for me. Was it a pre order or new release? If it was a pre order, they may not have it yet and if it is a new release, they sometimes have more people pre order than what they expected and ordered from the manufacturer. I had that happen to me with a Hasslefree new release but they shipped the rest of the order separately and then the remaining mini when they got it back in stock. It won’t hurt to email them though, they are pretty good on replying back.

Just orders some scale 75 paints and a couple of the less desires Nolzur's plastic minis to check them out.

I'll drop them a note tomorrow to see what's up.  I just didn't know if they were a 'we ship 1 a week and you missed it' companies.  

Thanks for the info

Edited by Kangaroorex
Auto-corrupt
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, TGP said:

Post intended for Randomness Thread? Nothing seems to have been acquired. 

I dunno, I think a hard blow to the self esteem is the pretty obvious acquisition there.

Not that I didn't think the same thing when I first read it, but it's not like no one else has ever misposted before. I know I have.

3 hours ago, TGP said:

The fact that it mentions seam allowance tells me that it's some kind of ruler used in sewing.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6
On 1/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, Sirithiliel said:

Got a shipping notification for a really neat looking item, a 'build your own raptor' from this guy that makes scientifically accurate dinosaur action figures with jointed limbs

18622620_1772780169403847_79199559560929

those are the pre-painted, species specific ones. I ordered a make your own that you paint yourself

22491929_1945050928843436_88639132734584

show this to my future paleontoligist - she did not think they were as cool as I did.  She is looking forward to the bones lost world expansion more. 

I guess I dont NEED to buy her one, but her birthday is next month

weirdly her comment was "Where are the ceratopisians?"  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

-03765 Highland Heroine (I have the Bones version, but I picked up the metal version for comparison)

She's one of my favorite metal ones that's come out recently.  In fact, was the first "I should just buy 2 of her from the get-go" that I've bought.

I tend to buy nearly all metal for the heft (at least until I get my Bones IV stuff, at which point, that ratio will flip quickly!)

Even though I told myself that once the Reaper Silver Anniversary promotion was over, I'd stop buying minis until I clear some backlog, I still managed to pick up this yesterday for a diorama idea I had (in the shower of all places)..

5a61ebf5d7111_2018-01-1906_57_30.thumb.jpg.45935cd60ebcc32cf0f6fe28af83e253.jpg

Then, I went on an ebay binge while up with insomnia and will acquire (once the mailman gives it up!) these:

RPR30001 - Queen of the Jungle 54mm

RPR30005 - Ellen Stone Cow Girl 54mm

I can't find either of them on the reaper site, but they do seem to be Reaper figures..

So far, I've resisted buying the other minis for my diorama idea.. going to wait and see if I like the Feb Dungeon Dwellers freebie first, I think..

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I dunno, I think a hard blow to the self esteem is the pretty obvious acquisition there.

Not that I didn't think the same thing when I first read it, but it's not like no one else has ever misposted before. I know I have.

The fact that it mentions seam allowance tells me that it's some kind of ruler used in sewing.

Yup. For quilting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

show this to my future paleontoligist - she did not think they were as cool as I did.  She is looking forward to the bones lost world expansion more. 

I guess I dont NEED to buy her one, but her birthday is next month

weirdly her comment was "Where are the ceratopisians?"  

I'm not really in that game for accuracy.  I am in it for the potential feathered serpent dragon that can come out of these.  Consider the potential, especially if you play with the human scale (10mm vs 28mm makes for an impressive show!)

To answer her question, just explain that they are 1/6 scale and that you didn't have the truck big enough for those "minis"

I suppose everyone's got to have a favorite.  My younger son was fascinated by dimetrodon and the fact that it was essentially a scaly mammal (and you were wondering what that big sail on its back was for...)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, eldamir said:

She's one of my favorite metal ones that's come out recently.  In fact, was the first "I should just buy 2 of her from the get-go" that I've bought.

I tend to buy nearly all metal for the heft (at least until I get my Bones IV stuff, at which point, that ratio will flip quickly!)

Even though I told myself that once the Reaper Silver Anniversary promotion was over, I'd stop buying minis until I clear some backlog, I still managed to pick up this yesterday for a diorama idea I had (in the shower of all places)..

5a61ebf5d7111_2018-01-1906_57_30.thumb.jpg.45935cd60ebcc32cf0f6fe28af83e253.jpg

Then, I went on an ebay binge while up with insomnia and will acquire (once the mailman gives it up!) these:

RPR30001 - Queen of the Jungle 54mm

RPR30005 - Ellen Stone Cow Girl 54mm

I can't find either of them on the reaper site, but they do seem to be Reaper figures..

So far, I've resisted buying the other minis for my diorama idea.. going to wait and see if I like the Feb Dungeon Dwellers freebie first, I think..

They're from the discontinued Master Series.

I'm pretty certain I mentioned ordering them myself a couple of days ago.

Don't forget to also snag 30007 Maria Roseblade, Pirate Queen if you find it.

I believe there's a complete list of the series over on the Lost Mini wiki.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Does anyone know why these were discontinued?  I think they're at least as good as Reaper's other lines of figures.

I would like to know this too. Seems a shame to me. Perhaps they didn't sell as well. Nonetheless, I'd hope that they'd keep the molds around and perhaps make them on-demand, or semi-regularly instead of discontinued. They probably have a good reason, even if we don't know it. Reaper doesn't tend to be a broccoliface about that sort of thing. 

• Like 5