Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

7 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Does anyone know why these were discontinued?  I think they're at least as good as Reaper's other lines of figures.

Sales and weight of metal (and thus price).  They still have the molds (I had a bunch of the Master Series minis cast up at RCon when I went to the factory).

• Like 5
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I would like to know this too. Seems a shame to me. Perhaps they didn't sell as well. Nonetheless, I'd hope that they'd keep the molds around and perhaps make them on-demand, or semi-regularly instead of discontinued. They probably have a good reason, even if we don't know it. Reaper doesn't tend to be a broccoliface about that sort of thing. 

My guess is they didn't sell as well as Reaper hoped and because of the price of metal. I'm sad they discontinued them. I got the ones I  really wanted back when they were released.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TGP said:

6525979D-4E8C-43B5-96F2-6471084CBFC3.thumb.jpeg.e2eb62603e33798fa4eaa3e589a19ee4.jpeg

I acquired this ^ thing. I have no idea what it is. The label offers clues. But it was shiny, interesting looking, and I am sure it will be useful for a hobby purpose...

...just need to figure out what. 

2 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Yup. For quilting.

Exactly.  Very handy when you want a square corner.  I also use my quilting rulers when cutting paper, thin foam, etc.  They're designed to work with rotary cutters--basically circular razor blades--and a cutting mat.  

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Exactly.  Very handy when you want a square corner.  I also use my quilting rulers when cutting paper, thin foam, etc.  They're designed to work with rotary cutters--basically circular razor blades--and a cutting mat.  

Pizza slicers for fabric ::D:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Scoped out one of the goodwill stores yesterday looking for terrain for gaming.  Passed on a cool looking castle because I don't have the room for it.

Did find a Rasputin figure that will make a good statue.  Also found a Forbidden Island game that never had any of the cards unwrapped; for 2 bucks.

• Like 9
9 hours ago, TGP said:

6525979D-4E8C-43B5-96F2-6471084CBFC3.thumb.jpeg.e2eb62603e33798fa4eaa3e589a19ee4.jpeg

I acquired this ^ thing. I have no idea what it is. The label offers clues. But it was shiny, interesting looking, and I am sure it will be useful for a hobby purpose...

That's a quilt square ruler! ^_^ (I only know this because I quilt a little bit). The 1/4 inch seam allowance ensures that there is enough fabric left after the fabric is cut that when the squares are sewn together, they are the correct size. I'm not sure why it's only marked on two sides, though. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6
10 hours ago, TGP said:

It's too small and the wrong shape to measure my pelvis, because I'm...........too hip to be square. :devil:

• Haha 8
6 hours ago, Unruly said:

The fact that it mentions seam allowance tells me that it's some kind of ruler used in sewing.

That's what it is... It's handy for marking and making adjustments on sewing patterns and fabric.

There are a number of different sizes and shapes of these sorts of things available in the sewing sections of fabric and craft stores.

Aside from being a reasonably good straight edge, the fact that they're clear plastic makes it easy to use for measuring things since you can still see what you've laid it on top of.

The one down side is that they're not exactly precision instruments, especially at the scale we work at, since the markings were designed to be easy to see rather than accurate down to the micron.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Forum Mascot

I recently acquired a Ral Partha Shadowrun Corporate Dragon to hang out with my Feathered Serpent.  At first I was iffy about it, as it was an eBay auction and the seller only had photos of the box front and box back.  I prefer to have pictures of the inside so I can pre-inspect it.  But I said, "eh, whatever" and went for it.

When it arrived, I discovered the reason why there were only box pictures - it was still in shrinkwrap!  The picture didn't show this, and the description didn't note it either.  But... yeah, it's complete!  :lol:

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

When it arrived, I discovered the reason why there were only box pictures - it was still in shrinkwrap!  The picture didn't show this, and the description didn't note it either.  But... yeah, it's complete!  :lol:

Nice...

I always thought it'd be even cooler if the dragon had been sculpted to be sitting at a desk in a business suit, though, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Forum Mascot
3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Nice...

I always thought it'd be even cooler if the dragon had been sculpted to be sitting at a desk in a business suit, though, lol...

I like his fancy wristwatch.  I bet he has a nice business card.  Also I may have a version of American Psycho playing in my head with the corporate dragon replacing Christian Bale. 

If a dragon ever asks if you like Huey Lewis, the answer is no.  And then run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5