Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Cyradis said:
33 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Ehhh, you only spent 20 bucks.  ^_^

It is so cute that you think that :rolleyes:

He’s using goblin matheses. It makeses the pain lesseses, at least for those of us who can count higher than our bodily digits.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Acquired: two 48" 32W T8 5000k fluorescent light bulbs. This is significant because one of the bulbs over my painting area burned out and I've spent a week and a half trying to find a replacement. I went to 8 different stores and nobody had the 5000k variety, one place could order it but it would take two weeks to arrive. Then today I thought of one place that I hadn't checked. I t was a long shot, but when I looked they had a whole pile of them. My painting area is nice and bright now, and that's all that matters.

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Acquired: two 48" 32W T8 5000k fluorescent light bulbs. This is significant because one of the bulbs over my painting area burned out and I've spent a week and a half trying to find a replacement. I went to 8 different stores and nobody had the 5000k variety, one place could order it but it would take two weeks to arrive. Then today I thought of one place that I hadn't checked. I t was a long shot, but when I looked they had a whole pile of them. My painting area is nice and bright now, and that's all that matters.

I recently went over to LED replacements for my paint area.  Bright, daylight tones and will last for 10-20 years at current brightness rather than replacing them every 4 years.  All for about what I paid for fluorescent bulbs

• Like 5
On 1/18/2018 at 6:10 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Anyone know what Fantizations shipping schedule looks like?  Ordered some paint from them and it's been a small while and it still shows ordered.  Not in a great rush as it's a birthday present to me and that's not for a couple of weeks, but I would like to see it by then and I'm just curious if I need to nudge them or if they normally run a week or 2 behind.

On a slightly different tangent I learned that one of my favorite rpg author, Monty Cook, was born less than a week before I was!  It's the little things that excite me ::P:

All of my Fant. Orders have been pretty prompt so I really can't find you any feedback other then that. 

As for my oddball bit of  knowledge, the Rock & I share the same birthday, other then a couple of years. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, haldir said:

All of my Fant. Orders have been pretty prompt so I really can't find you any feedback other then that. 

As for my oddball bit of  knowledge, the Rock & I share the same birthday, other then a couple of years. 

I got an immediate response back saying that scale 75 was late with a shipment to them but the scale 75 supply was on its way as of Thursday and mine should be shipping Monday or Tuesday, as soon as it arrives.

• Like 6

2 out of 3 orders are now in my hands from CMON sale. I'm of mixed opinions on this CMON clearance. Still haven't received notice or updates on my 11/27/17 order and that's the one with the display minis. Ah... oh well, until Jan 26! Figure the Rums & Bones characters would fit fine into Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago. ^.^

CMON.thumb.jpg.c7f216d1c9cf6c415d70506b43f4702b.jpg

5a6421bf092a5_CMONDSM.thumb.jpg.eb56ac4acf9b02c4edbc30a034d5ed3d.jpg

• Like 16

Got a couple of packages in the post today...

The smallest was a pair of uDuinos from a CrowdSupply project. 

Measuring in at 12x12mm it still has the full power and 20 I/O pins of a standard Arduino. 

Then there was the book 'Summer in Orcus' by T Kingfisher.

And a Letter-sized poster of an Antelope Woman from the book.

Now, the third package was from Noble Knight, and contained 3 Sophies for my collection(1420, 1521, 1524), the Christmas 2005 CasketWorks(because it has lots of info about Sophie, of course), and a WotC plastic. prepainted Demonic Gnoll Priestess.

I'm NOT happy about the Gnoll. She's made out of 4 parts, and the joins are way too visible. And the axe... is not only too small but totally wrong for the mini.

Anyway, did a bit of shopping also...

Ordered some Silicone carbide powder on eBay to see if I can replicate some custom sanding sticks I saw once. 

(mentioned in a recent post in a thread about cleaning up metal)

Then I surfed by The World of Green matter...

Ouch!

They now have an XL version of their Hentai Maker... (Rollmaker... often used to make tentacles)

And they have Chameleon paints. (Metal paints that change colour depending on the angle of light. Really needs to be airbrushed on. )

Yeah, ouch.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Then I surfed by The World of Green matter...

*snip*

And they have Chameleon paints. (Metal paints that change colour depending on the angle of light. Really needs to be airbrushed on. )

I did not need to know this...

Or maybe I really, really did. Either way, my wallet just ran and hid.

• Like 5

My baby got me the Modiphius Star Trek minis for Christmas... the NexGen bridge crew and the Klingon warband.

These things are the most hydrophobic minis I have ever seen. They repel paint. They repel liner. They repel PRIMER, for potato's sake. Multiple coats are needed to cover all exposed surface, and even then, the paint doesn't much like to stick; I've had it draw away RIGHT before it dried, leaving a spot that had to be touched up later. 

And yes, I know about mold release. I washed the HELL out of the minis, with soap and water and toothbrush. The plastic itself repels the paint, even after washing.

On the good side, the Klingon minis are very nicely detailed.

s-l225.jpg

• Like 11
  • Confused 2