Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

26 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

It is called "the Die-clopse" and is a one eyed dice monster of some sort.

Now I'm envisioning (and wanting!) a large (35mm?) D4 with eyes instead of numbers - i.e. 4 eyes for 4, etc.

• Like 3

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Though the warm feeling may have been the Kraken rum I was drinking;

Mmm. Kraken rum...

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Bought a pin at Drinking and Dragons last night.  It is called "the Die-clopse"

This gives me an idea!

Off to the Bones We'd Like To See Thread!

• Like 2

.... Acquired Destiny 2.  I usually wouldn't say such here (as it's mainly a mini focused thread and forum) except I paid $15 CAD for it instead of the $80... Err $75 CAD they want in Blizzard's store....

Didn't get much painting done though o_O

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

.... Acquired Destiny 2.  I usually wouldn't say such here (as it's mainly a mini focused thread and forum) except I paid $15 CAD for it instead of the $80... Err $75 CAD they want in Blizzard's store....

Better than the $99 I spent on the thing for all DLCs...and played the game for about 2 months and have not been on it since Dec.  I need to load it up and see what the new stuff does and if I have any interest in it.  Instead my wife and I have been playing Skyrim after we found it used for XBOX One. I never did finish it on the 360 and it was not backwards compatible. We shall see how far I get into it now. Usually I play these games for a couple months and then just get annoyed with them at some point. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Acquired Campaign Cartographer 3 and Dungeon Designer 3 at Bundle of Holding.

I just came here to announce that the Campaign Cartographer bundle is for real this time!

It's live from now until the 22nd.

• Like 5

Got another bit of the Wamp raffle goodies today.  Had a £ 50.00 gift certificate to use at BrokenToad and I chose the WONDERLAND - TRANSITION BUSTS and for the last bit of it I had them toss a MK2 Brush in so I could give it a try.  The busts are for my daughter who has been wanting to paint some of the bigger ones I got as a prize and I told her to hold off.  Once I saw these I thought they would be a good way for her to start.  Smaller than I thought but I like the idea.

Now she will want to paint them today if I show them to her but I really want her to learn a bit more on some of the differences of painting busts over minis. (I have no clue what those differences would be but I am sure we can find some info somewhere.) :)

• Like 6

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My son has Destiny on his Xbox & it looked interesting, almost enough to make me want to get it for the PC. Those thoughts have passed.

Ordered a few things today. Nothing earth-shaking but they help further fill holes in my RCon games.

Small pool of water out of the new WizKids Pools & Pillars pre-painted set (Ebayer broke up the set)

Surprisingly, I placed a order with Paizo. I was looking at something when I came across the Skull & Shackles Pathfinder Battles singles & the price for the large shark was half the price of other places I've looked at. 2 for 6 bucks, yes please!! Shipping wasn't that bad either, like 5 to 6 bucks. Who knows when I'll get the order but eh I've dealt with them when I had a Adventure Path subscription so I'll get it.

Pathfinder Dice: Paizo d20 (Purple) Q-Workshop QWSSPATD20P_180.jpeg
Pathfinder Dice: Paizo d20 (Blue) Q-Workshop QWSSPATD20B_180.jpeg

Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Arronax Endymion arronax.jpg
Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Shark(large base) x 2 shark.jpg

Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Hammerhead Shark (large base) hammerhead.jpg

Oculous, the Rotten Eye by Magnificent Egos MEO4037_180.jpeg

I was gonna "kill off" my Wizkids unpainted beholder & turn it into a undead one but the scarity of the figure right now I don't think I wanna do that & I came across this guy for 50% off the normal price. I owned a ton of ME figures when they first came out but never did I get this one. After hearing about the way ME handled how they paid their sculptors thou, I really didn't want to deal with buying any of these figures again but at 50% & exactly what I need, yes please.

Here is the blister pic: 

d-pathfinder-magnificent-egos_1_6435b678

• Like 11

1 hour ago, haldir said:

My son has Destiny on his Xbox & it looked interesting, almost enough to make me want to get it for the PC. Those thoughts have passed.

Ordered a few things today. Nothing earth-shaking but they help further fill holes in my RCon games.

Small pool of water out of the new WizKids Pools & Pillars pre-painted set (Ebayer broke up the set)

Surprisingly, I placed a order with Paizo. I was looking at something when I came across the Skull & Shackles Pathfinder Battles singles & the price for the large shark was half the price of other places I've looked at. 2 for 6 bucks, yes please!! Shipping wasn't that bad either, like 5 to 6 bucks. Who knows when I'll get the order but eh I've dealt with them when I had a Adventure Path subscription so I'll get it.

Pathfinder Dice: Paizo d20 (Purple) Q-Workshop QWSSPATD20P_180.jpeg
Pathfinder Dice: Paizo d20 (Blue) Q-Workshop QWSSPATD20B_180.jpeg

Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Arronax Endymion arronax.jpg
Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Shark(large base) x 2 shark.jpg

Pathfinder Battles—Skull & Shackles: Hammerhead Shark (large base) hammerhead.jpg

Oculous, the Rotten Eye by Magnificent Egos MEO4037_180.jpeg

I was gonna "kill off" my Wizkids unpainted beholder & turn it into a undead one but the scarity of the figure right now I don't think I wanna do that & I came across this guy for 50% off the normal price. I owned a ton of ME figures when they first came out but never did I get this one. After hearing about the way ME handled how they paid their sculptors thou, I really didn't want to deal with buying any of these figures again but at 50% & exactly what I need, yes please.

Here is the blister pic: 

d-pathfinder-magnificent-egos_1_6435b678

Oculous is a great sculpt, lots of fun goopy and gory details.  I picked mine up from Noble Knight during a sale many moons ago.

• Like 1

I have been really good for a while on purchases, but finally placed an order recently for:

The Doom of Kings - Eberron novel

Xanathar's Guide to Everything 

Concordia

Castles of Burgundy

Walking Dead Vol. 29

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Oculous is a great sculpt, lots of fun goopy and gory details.  I picked mine up from Noble Knight during a sale many moons ago.

Yah a google search showing all around views of the mini sealed the purchase. The revealed skull parts & such. I may do some eyestalk amputation thuo. Kinda fits how I want the critter to look like for the encounter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yah a google search showing all around views of the mini sealed the purchase. The revealed skull parts & such. I may do some eyestalk amputation thuo. Kinda fits how I want the critter to look like for the encounter.

He already has some missing eyestalks!  Unless mine was just broken...

• Like 2

I love the rotten eye!

Today I acquired the main hordes books for oroboros and everblight, two of the expansion books and the war machine prime book for $20.  Always been curious about the game and love the trollkin and everblight armies miniatures to the point where I painter a sizable trollkin army and own a large everblight army, including a gargantuan avatar of everblight but never found anyone to play with.  So why the books? Someone askes curiously?  Because the fluff is as good or better than a number of novels I read and the saga is ongoing in each book. And the painting guides in each book are terrific!

About the only problem I have with the series is that privateer press thinks as much of their models as GW does.

• Like 4